[Guide] LG G Flex Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock)

20th September 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #621  
Flag Hickory
Thanks Meter: 561

943 posts
More
I soft bricked my phone stuck at LG logo,couldn't boot. Tried using freedom apk to install twrp it flashed. Couldn't get my computer to recognize in download to kdz back to stock tried everything possible. But could enter twrp and use adb. Downloaded the 4.4.2 stock rooted kk for tmo. Did adb sideload in twrp: "adb sideload ROM.zip" and it flashed upon completion , my phone is back up and running with update to 20H. Just thought I'd share what i learnt after beating my head in the wall for hours. :thumbup: hopefully it could benefit others.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by henslo; 21st September 2014 at 04:26 AM.
21st September 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #622  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton

Like I said it thinks its a D959 due to the ROM that is currently on it. There's been people that have got around that read out the LG G2 stock guide of mine its the same method you might find some awnsers.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I was able to fix my phone thanks to playful god.....all i did was download at&t tot file then i opened in hex edit and changed the first instance of d950 to d959 fixed
22nd September 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #623  
Thanks Meter: 286

522 posts
How is this called an offline method if you have to have internet connection to install some parts of this method.
22nd September 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #624  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 2,482

5,077 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwheat

How is this called an offline method if you have to have internet connection to install some parts of this method.

I'm really confused as to what your asking.... Of course you have to be online to download files , the files won't be already on your computer to flash back to stock unless you've done it before. The "offline" method in the OP meant that the flashtool wouldn't connect to the internet. Which that guide is out of date and you should refer to the LG G2 or G3 guide which is the same method just use G flex firmware

The Following User Says Thank You to hyelton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #625  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
I thought it was easy to use the old flash tool 1.8 and just get the tot file and hex edit it to the varient you were using worked for me with no recovery no adb and black screen flashing lights

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app
25th September 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #626  
Thanks Meter: 84

538 posts
More
I have 2 questions. @hyelton
1. Can someone please upload the .tot for Sprint ZV6 or ZV7, the one here ZV3 which is 4.2.2?
2. This is Off-Topic but did not want to open another thread for it. I'm unable to access *#06# OR *#4636#*#* codes on my Sprint LG G Flex running ZV7(Stock & Rooted). Can someone please help?
29th September 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #627  
Thanks Meter: 29

190 posts
I unrooted my LG G flex from super su options ( I had it rooted with towel root ) and then i tried to upgrade to kit kat through OTA ,but whatever effort i try during the upgrade the phone says that "the phone seems to be rooted", and denies the upgrade process.
I even did a factory reset and then tried to upgrade but with the same results.
Please do you have an idea how to do this?
Yesterday, 04:19 AM   |  #628  
Flag Schenectady
Thanks Meter: 139

185 posts
More
TL;DR most of the previous posts, but the links are not working for the AT&T section in the OP (oceanhost). Everything you need can be found in the storage cow links though: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda%2F
Yesterday, 04:21 AM   |  #629  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 2,482

5,077 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanizmir

TL;DR most of the previous posts, but the links are not working for the AT&T section in the OP (oceanhost). Everything you need can be found in the storage cow links though: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda%2F

All links are working if you check the G2 back to stock thread I just havent had thr time to update the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to hyelton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 06:52 AM   |  #630  
Thanks Meter: 286

522 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton

I'm really confused as to what your asking.... Of course you have to be online to download files , the files won't be already on your computer to flash back to stock unless you've done it before. The "offline" method in the OP meant that the flashtool wouldn't connect to the internet. Which that guide is out of date and you should refer to the LG G2 or G3 guide which is the same method just use G flex firmware

Of course you have to download the files. But I had the zip files on my PC for a while now. A few weeks ago I bricked on KitKat and needed to flash back to stock so I extracted all the downloaded files and when I went to flash using offline method it wouldn't due to one of the pieces of software needed the internet to install so the flash tool could use it. To me its a little aggregating when you try to use an "offline method" that needs internet connection to install and work. Reason I referred to it was I use my phones hotspot as my home internet. For PC, Xbox live, and tablet. So bricked phone means no internet to install and use the "offline method". Since then I have found the .kdz KitKat file that the PC suite uses to unbrick and I just keep it handy.. I've found the easiest method to unbrick jellybean or KitKat is the lg PC suite that comes on the phone. Just open and select mobile devices at the top toolbar then select fix upgrade errors in the drop down. Only thing I've noticed is you have to have the .kdz in its temp folder and it has to be the .kdz of the version of android you were on when you bricked. And it will reflash your phone to stock unrooted with no internet connection. But if you have internet then it will download the proper .kdz file. Works every time. As long as you can get into download mode. No more flash tools.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread