25th September 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #431  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,446

6,086 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cLogic

I am almost the exact opposite ... lol
I have always had problems with CM on the S3 ... it was always glitchy, unstable, and with broken features
every time they hit a new version or milestone, I would check it out again .. CM9, CM10, CM11 M7, M8

I was running Omni rom which is excellent ... not cm-based ... altho cm kernel ... chainfire is one of the devs
unbelievably smooth, glitch-free, stable, fast .. plus LOTS of features like Active Notifications, Hover, Pie and Omni-specific stuff
Omni doesnt have Profiles, so used Xposed and No Lock Home which works perfect with TimePIN

then I read that CM11 M9 nightlies after aug 24 (or something) had call recording!
installed CM11 and it was stable!
added Xposed module NoLockHome and yep ... TimePIN works perfectly
added Xposed module CM11 EnableCallRecording and woohoo lol

then I looked deeper into the Profiles .. discovered the location (wifi/bluetooth) triggers ... and wow ... excellent
the cm profiles are in a single xml file ... so easy to copy and restore into any cm-based rom ... which makes it woorthwhile
disabled the NoLockHome Xposed module .. one less "hook"

have been alternating between CM11 nightlies and Omni (weeklies) ever since

I too am concerned about android L and required ART .. and not just for TimePIN
the Xposed framework requires dalvik ... in fact, if you are running ART and activate Xposed it will actually switch you to dalvik

maybe this "delay" by google in releasing L has been to allow devs more time to examine the L developer stuff
as a programmer, Myself, I support the move to ART ... always better/faster to run compiled apps than have to re-compile each time,
but this seriously breaks things like Xposed which are based on the idea of modifying the framework which is then compiled when run
plus its kinda crazy to only give devs 3-4 months to adapt their apps to run in dalvik and ART or their users on any new roms/devices willl have problems

I'm very interested in hearing how you make out with CM11 profiles and/or Xposed with TimePIN
cheers

I'll make this short cause not related to TimePIN, but yes CM has been ups and down, not always stable, but it's still one of the most innovating as well as "heavy" rom in the Android world. If there's a rom that's able to change the course of things, that would be it.

As for ART, running it currently and falling back to dalvik feels so sluggish. Not sure I want to take the chance to use TimePIN with ART though, as jcase noted it might cause issues.
25th September 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #432  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 77

195 posts
More
I thought I'd add this, since its relevant to the cm11 talk ... altho not relevant to TimePIN

CM 11 M9+ has been stable on My S3 only because:
  • I use Nova launcher instead of the stock CM launcher (Trebuchet)
    • in debugging I discovered that ALL of the issues I had with CM 11 .. glitches, random reboots, jerkiness ... led back to Trebuchet
    • Nova is as flexible as Trebuchet for Home screen rows/columns, gestures, look, animations plus it is smooth, fast AND can be backed up within the app!
    • altho Omni's stock launcher (Launcher3) works well, I use Nova there too since I can simply backup and restore across roms in a few seconds
  • I use SuperSu instead of CM Superuser .. there has simply never been any comparison
  • this doesnt actually affect rom stability ... but I use TWRP recovery since it has always been perfect ... highly reliable backup/restore AND it is actually required to use both CM Updater and Omni OpenDelta since it can properly handle addon.d backup, then flash rom update zip and OpenDelta FlashAfterUpdate, then addon.d restore
26th September 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #433  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny

I stopped using TimePIN because it was unreliable with Tasker :/

I've been using it with Tasker for at least 5 months now with absolutely no problem.

Why or how is it unreliable??
26th September 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #434  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2,446

6,086 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermont1998mx

I've been using it with Tasker for at least 5 months now with absolutely no problem.

For some people half the time the Tasker task would run just fine but TimePIN wouldn't switch lock/unlock properly. I knew the task would run properly from other things in the task though.
27th September 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #435  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 16

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermont1998mx

Same here been using the TimePIN with Tasker no problems encounter. CM11

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Yesterday, 07:44 PM   |  #436  
Silent Hill
Thanks Meter: 145

286 posts
Donate to Me
I have a question to devs: when changing PIN actually occur? According to BetterBatteryStats now this app is a main source of wakelocks. So if the calculation occurs every minute it could be a problem, because every minute the app wakes the phone to recalculate PIN and to apply it.

Please correct me if I an wrong.
Yesterday, 10:39 PM   |  #437  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 77

195 posts
More
@GrayJack
I see in your sig that you have the S3 model with internal 32GB ...
how much space is remaining?
how big are your nandroids and how long to they take to create?

thanks in advance
Today, 07:58 AM   |  #438  
Silent Hill
Thanks Meter: 145

286 posts
Donate to Me
cLogic, about 8 Gb (extsdcard), about 12 Gb (internal), nandroids (without /data/media) is about 7Gb, it creates in about 10-15 minutes.
What's the difference taking into account my question?
Last edited by GrayJack; Today at 08:11 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread