Originally Posted by tempazz
I have i9195 with firmware i9195XXUBNB3. I had trouble with root. Saferoot said that that my device is not supported.
After some reading.
1. I flashed kernel from I9195XXUBMJ7 with ODIN.
2. Rooted with safe root.
3. Updated SuperSu.
4. Disabled KNOX with SuperSu.
5. Restored kernel from i9195XXUBNB3 with ODIN.
And now I have rooted UBNB3 firmware and knox still 0x0.
I guess that this method must work also with I9195XXUBML4 firmware. But in step 5 you need to flash kernel from I9195XXUBML4.
I have exactly the same problem. I would like to root my phone using saferoot or towelroot.
1. is it possible to flash the kernel only? if so where did you find the stock kernel files?
2. I have downloaded the I9195XXUBMJ7 and i9195XXUBNB3 firmware for my country from sammobile. Can i flash just the kernel from this? and how?