[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2vzw]

27th September 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #761  
Thanks Meter: 54

203 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1900mcm

I have a problem with 9/19. Bluetooth inbound call does not have audio. (I cant hear them and they cant hear me)
If I call out my bluetooth works. Anyone else?

thx

I can confirm that but, it didn't happen on 19 for me..it happen on 25.

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tprophit

Is carbon download site having problems? Can't get 9/25 to d/l.
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

The Carbon app hasn't worked for me since I think back on 9-13 build or earlier. It goes thru the DL fine, but then when I look for it in downloads folder its not there. So I DL it thru Opera and it dl's fine.
27th September 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #762  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
8/23 had better bluetooth routing
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBoo

Thanks for the confirm. 8/23 was the last (working) build without this one issue. Carbon has rocked well. Kinda the first issue ever...
27th September 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #763  
Flag Toledo
Thanks Meter: 44

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBoo

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

The Carbon app hasn't worked for me since I think back on 9-13 build or earlier. It goes thru the DL fine, but then when I look for it in downloads folder its not there. So I DL it thru Opera and it dl's fine.

It's downloads to a carbonrom folder now, not the downloads folder
The Following User Says Thank You to Rev. Voodoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th September 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #764  
Thanks Meter: 54

203 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Voodoo

It's downloads to a carbonrom folder now, not the downloads folder

Thanks for that! Don't use storage on my internal so never saw the folder.
29th September 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #765  
Thanks Meter: 4

82 posts
More
Finally jumped ship and rooted and unlocked my s3 yesterday, first rom I chose was Carbon and I have to say...holy balls this is fast! I never knew my s3 could ever be this quick! A few questions I have that I hope someone can answer for me please.

1. Does Carbon Rom only make nightlies for the s3 or is there a stable version out there?
2. I flashed the rom this afternoon and everything was fine until this evening when I couldn't send any texts. I could receive but couldn't send. I tried searching for a resolution but could not find any. Is there a fix for this?
3. If there is no fix for the sms, can I flash a previous nightly build? If so, do I have to wipe dalvik and cache again or just flash the build I want?

Thanks in advance.
30th September 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #766  
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 235

2,038 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagaldesi4life

Finally jumped ship and rooted and unlocked my s3 yesterday, first rom I chose was Carbon and I have to say...holy balls this is fast! I never knew my s3 could ever be this quick! A few questions I have that I hope someone can answer for me please.

1. Does Carbon Rom only make nightlies for the s3 or is there a stable version out there?
2. I flashed the rom this afternoon and everything was fine until this evening when I couldn't send any texts. I could receive but couldn't send. I tried searching for a resolution but could not find any. Is there a fix for this?
3. If there is no fix for the sms, can I flash a previous nightly build? If so, do I have to wipe dalvik and cache again or just flash the build I want?

Thanks in advance.

1: what i seen they only have nightlies
2:have u tried a different nightly or what i did re-download rom and flash rom itself (dirty flash) over the what u have. Might be a bad download or flash. (i did on pac man rom with mms issues)
3: this might help with ur sms issues For those of us on Verizon, try this from Mastamoon in the CM11 thread:<br />
<br />
"For you guys having mms problems, try using this apns file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9zatl31s5...-conf.xml?dl=0. Just copy it to /system/etc, make sure permissions are good then reboot. <br />
<br />
I use this and don't have a problem. Obviously won't work well if your not on VZW."<br />
<br />
Seems to work best with the ML1 modem for me. Also, there's a good possibility the newest nightly might fix this built in. Have to wait and see.<br />
<br />
<br />
Sent from my GS3 running CM11<br/>

4) yes u can dirty flash but remember that it MAY cause some issues. Wipe catche and dalvik is good practice.

Hopefully i answered some if not all your questions and if i didn't well i at least replied to your post
30th September 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #767  
Latrobe, PA
Thanks Meter: 81

508 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlucchetti

9.14exp works well with the 9-25 build. I am experiencing occasional issues with snap camera, while stock camera works fine. Not sure what is up with that.

ETA: Both stock and snap fc upon opening. Not sure if it's kernel or rom, going back to 8/28 nanroid and working my way back up. Will test with both stock kernel and lk

Ah, app developer highlighted issue - I had some corrupted videos on the phone that caused the fc. Good to know.

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagaldesi4life

Thanks in advance.

1. as mentioned - nightlies, but many have been stable enough for daily use
2. What nightly did you flash?
3. SMS application that you are using?
4. Radio that you are on?
30th September 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #768  
Thanks Meter: 112

673 posts
On both 9/21 and 9/25, the alarm clock icon in the status bar is white, even tho on carbon fibers statusbar settings, use custom colors is checked. All other icons are blue. Not an issue with earlier versions.
Suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S III Android Development by ThreadRank