23rd September 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #801  
Western NC
Thanks Meter: 530

3,814 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2

@ Trainer_H,

You should not be installing data/media Roms if you do not understand what a data/media Rom is, how to install it and the caveats of installing one. Between the XDA and Rootzwiki forums, there is tons of information on everything I just mentioned. Rolanddeschains79 had created several videos on installing data/media Roms and using J.C. Sullin's TouchPad Toolbox to install them Sullin's even started a thread himself that explains what his toolbox is and how to use it. You need to put Google to work and educate yourself before trying anything else.

NT

Plus he can try the basic ROM out first to see if he wants to go with it. I initially used non data media version before jumping into the Data/medial pond.

It has not been updated for some time, but it worked pretty good and he just has to flash it if he has not reformatted yet.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Question - this has not been updated in over a month - is it still supported ?
23rd September 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #802  
Thanks Meter: 204

620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaww

Plus he can try the basic ROM out first to see if he wants to go with it. I initially used non data media version before jumping into the Data/medial pond.

It has not been updated for some time, but it worked pretty good and he just has to flash it if he has not reformatted yet.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

I think he pops in once in awhile. You know, there is not a lot wrong with any of these 4.4.4 Roms. I believe that all the developers share the minor tweaks as they become available. But I don't think there is a lot that needs changing. Flintman would tell us if he was dropping support.
23rd September 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #803  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MASS
Thanks Meter: 1,882

584 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryatherton

I think he pops in once in awhile. You know, there is not a lot wrong with any of these 4.4.4 Roms. I believe that all the developers share the minor tweaks as they become available. But I don't think there is a lot that needs changing. Flintman would tell us if he was dropping support.

No I'm still around. Just been crazy busy to dig into a few minor issues. Things are starting to slow down at work so i should be back at it soon along with hopefully the next version of android will be released soon. 8).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to flintman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #804  
Thanks Meter: 204

620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintman

No I'm still around. Just been crazy busy to dig into a few minor issues. Things are starting to slow down at work so i should be back at it soon along with hopefully the next version of android will be released soon. 8).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

I like that kind of talk. You seem to usually be the first out with the new Android versions. Thanks for your work.
The Following User Says Thank You to jerryatherton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #805  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 628

1,228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaww

If you are talking about the non data media Rom, Flintman said he has not stopped supporting it, just been busy with work and family.

NT

OH, never mind, posted this before I came to Flintman's post.
30th September 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #806  
Thanks Meter: 1,437

4,928 posts
More
So I just wanted to share that recently my TouchPad had been slow and laggy. I've been using Evervolv for a VERY long time now. I briefly thought about trying out other ROMs just to see how progress was going on them. But after reading some issues users where having on those ROMs that Evervolv doesn't have, I decided against that and just did a simple wipe and reload. That seemed to clean up a lot of stuff and my TouchPad is flying again. So I guess every now and then, it's a good idea to clean house and start fresh. Thanks for the awesome work on the TouchPad Flintman
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread