Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

[MOD] Enable Phone Calling / Incoming & Outgoing free calls [Google Voice users]

25th July 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 13

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturin

How would I change the outgoing call setting on an N5? I need to setup wifi calling of some sort but haven't been able to figure it out. Missed a couple job opportunities.

How would you miss calls with the outgoing call setting? Wouldn't a missed call be an incoming call? If you are looking for a job and need a reliable phone, you should just pop for a $45 straight talk sim for a month. It's a decent plan. unlimited talk/text and 3GB of LTE data.

Though, this topic is for the nexus 7. You may want to check the nexus 5 forum for information on this topic.

Best of luck with the job hunt.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th July 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 62

180 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maamdroid

How would you miss calls with the outgoing call setting? Wouldn't a missed call be an incoming call? If you are looking for a job and need a reliable phone, you should just pop for a $45 straight talk sim for a month. It's a decent plan. unlimited talk/text and 3GB of LTE data.

Though, this topic is for the nexus 7. You may want to check the nexus 5 forum for information on this topic.

Best of luck with the job hunt.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the luck with the job hunt. Would you be willing to buy that 45$ sim for me? That's kinda the issue, person.... I can't afford a plan or even the cheapest solution that I've found, 5$ for 500 outgoing minutes, but can't even get that setup because the phone tries for the mobile operator even though it's in airplane mode.. Once upon a time I could use talk/ google voice. Can't do that now and hangouts doesn't have VOip on ze 'droid yet.

The best solution i've found is with a SIP provider, but that gives me only free incoming calls. It's decent and works through the stock dialer, I just for the life of me can't figure out how to get it to use it for outgoing calls too, even when selected as primary phone. I thought I could use google voice, like in the guide, but it didn't work. Missed opportunities due to the way that google voice worked and in conjunction with terrible cell phone service, missed a call today and didn't get the voicemail through google voice till 5:15pm. If anyone has a method for free outgoing calls too, i'd be stoked, haven't found one yet.
28th July 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 13

127 posts
Sell your nexus 5 and get a cheaper phone and use the extra money to buy service.

Then get job and make money. Once you have that you can buy stuff you can afford and don't ask people to pay for your basic needs.

Problem solved...Take care of your basics before buying nice to have things.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th July 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #14  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 15

105 posts
Thanks for posting this, I would really like to try this but I was wondering if this would still work on CleanRom , I am also using a lot of xposed modules , would it still work or would I get a boot loop? Thanks
13th August 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #15  
Flag Innsbruck
Thanks Meter: 8

39 posts
More
guys i got a question..
Ehm google voice is only in USA and canada? or go this also in europe? (germany/austria)?

Thx for any Answer !

OK i got it now..but it dont work on liquid smooth 4.4!

next days i will try it on a 4.3 rom!
Last edited by Jg; 21st August 2014 at 03:17 PM.
1st September 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 117

517 posts
I wonder if there's anything that works beside CallCentric. The way it takes you on a meandering ride beginning with innocuous requests for personal information ("your real name, your real address, your .... And how about 911 calls? How about this and that...") before popping up the bait: "how about your credit card number?" Why, "due to abuses, we need to have it on file," so forth... Give me the creeps. Sorry OP, don't mean to appear I'm questioning your good intentions and help.
18th September 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #17  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 12

99 posts
More
Tried this a few times now, all I'm getting is boot loops. Does this still work??
25th September 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 39

71 posts
I use the app Talkatone, it has free Wi-Fi incoming and outgoing calls. Also free text messages.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbrantley130 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 06:34 PM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Laveen, AZ
Thanks Meter: 1,013

914 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gots2beme

Tried this a few times now, all I'm getting is boot loops. Does this still work??

This is no longer needed since hangouts has google voice calling.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread