[ROM] Kumakan - Modified Stock

Search This thread

swashie

Jan 19, 2013
Are you asking about the warning in my second post?
I need to update my second post actually. The warning in my second post is outdated. Well ... yes and no. If you don't replace jellybean stock recovery with ice recovery you could accidentally wipe your data by mistake with cwm or twrp.
Now I did have a warning before in the first post, but it had to do with court bs protection stuff. I don't want someone blaming me for messing up their phone. Which is total bs if someone did.

Sorry for the misinformation, it is indeed the second post that states the warning, I will try the ROM on my p768 and report back with feedback

Reactions: kuma82

bulletfreak

Aug 17, 2013
So like if i flash this while on 20H i'll be using 20H's kernel right? Is there any reason to use the 21D kernel instead?

docksid3

Oct 9, 2012
Working on p760. But notifications toggles are ugly maybe cause transparency problems. And there is no deep sleep. Screen remains active, like it is off but With light

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Reactions: kuma82

fernanmoy

Jul 3, 2012
Working on p760. But notifications toggles are ugly maybe cause transparency problems. And there is no deep sleep. Screen remains active, like it is off but With light

Yes, i have the same problems. And other problem, i don't know how change the brightness, i can't do this

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA mobile app

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston

Yes, i have the same problems. And other problem, i don't know how change the brightness, i can't do this

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA mobile app

Copy that.
The system is missing some key files that I'm not sure of yet. I'll have to port some more stuff from 20P.
Yeah I need to work on the theming for the other models.
You can adjust the brightness by sliding across the statusbar on top. Or you can enable the brightness bar by opening a terminal and type the following.
su
theme eb

That command will enable the brightness bar. Oh and try another set of icons like
theme sb

That's the command for blue g3 icons. Just type "theme" in a terminal to see the other commands.

Anyways I'll see what I can do about the screen not turning off. Hopefully I can solve the problem.

swashie

Jan 19, 2013
couldn't install 2nd-int, I pressed "no" in the unlocked bootloader option (coz I have a locked bootloader) even though I had success with the normal ROM afterwards. The screen is not turning off as stated above, my model is p768. keep it up mate

bulletfreak

Aug 17, 2013
couldn't install 2nd-int, I pressed "no" in the unlocked bootloader option (coz I have a locked bootloader) even though I had success with the normal ROM afterwards. The screen is not turning off as stated above, my model is p768. keep it up mate

2nd-init is installed when you install the recovery. The rom probably got corrupted.

Albertook

Apr 8, 2013
I cant see "theme"
127|u0_a139@android:/ $ su
root@android:/ # theme
sh: theme: not found
127|root@android:/ #
Sent from my LGMS769

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
I cant see "theme"
127|u0_a139@android:/ $ su
root@android:/ # theme
sh: theme: not found
127|root@android:/ #
Sent from my LGMS769

Take a screenshot
It's working for me. Are you on v3.5 ROM
Update
Well I did another mistake in version 3.5. I uploaded the wrong build.prop for p769/lgms769 so move2sd isn't working in 3.5.

Last edited:

nu2moding

Aug 17, 2011
tethering not working.
metro lgms769,locked BL, went back to kuma3.1
on metro pcs, $60plan

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
tethering not working.
metro lgms769,locked BL, went back to kuma3.1
on metro pcs, $60plan

Are you saying tethering is not working on 3.2 and above or isn't not working at all?
Update
I just checked out tethering on 3.5 and it connects to my device but I got blocked (T-Mobile page). Dam
I think I know what i did wrong. I think when i updated to 10f I didn't make changes to the APN config file.
Yup that's what I forgot to do, I didn't edit the apns-conf.xml file.

Last edited:

nu2moding

Aug 17, 2011
kuma3.1 was the only backup i had.
i thought dachu went to wind mobile firmware as a base for 3.1 n up

Last edited:

nu2moding

Aug 17, 2011
need mirror/links....

Anyone got mirror for kumakan3.1?
Recovery broke, error restoring data on ALL backups.
Started by insufficient storage,
Wipe dalvic n cache=nothing
Wipe media storage=2 apps update then insuf. Storage
Wipe data play store, Google play services, google services framework=killed lucky patcher modded playstore v4.1.6
Now no backups are working, error restoring data(cwm touch 6.whatever)

Want to reinstall from fresh wipe wind mobile kernal version 4 tethering

KyleIsTheBeast

Jan 3, 2010
Sioux Falls, SD
www.hackforums.net
Hello kuma82, I just updated to 3.4 last night with a clean install and all was fine and fast actually, but my wifi stopped working (As in no WiFis are around, but it will "search") Now I have tried wiping and installing 3 times, and I cant even get it to work at the begining, during the setup wizard! Any advice would be great! Also DONT have an old version to go back to!

sirphilk

Sep 3, 2007
I installed 3.5 a week ago. It seems to be missing move to SD option.. Also got a message to update Super SU and unfortunately selected to use modified CWM or equivalent. After it rebooted it was reset as if a clean install. (Then I remembered somewhere about "You have been warned" referring to not selecting boot to CWM in another instance. Oh well. Anyways, Google restored all my apps from them and I have Titanium Backups of everything else.

USB Mass Storage Bug

When I connect a USB cable to my PC the SD card always unmounts. I also get a dialog on the phone: "USB connected" with a button "Turn on USB storage". If I click the button to turn it on it fails.

If I remount the SD card via Settings -> Storage I see the dialog again "Turn on USB storage" with the added warning: "If you turn on USB storage, some applications that you are using will stop and may be unavailable until you turn off USB storage." Then if I click the button to turn on USB storage the SD card unmounts.

I cannot find a way to get the phone connected to a computer with USB mass storage working at all. This is a really serious bug since all file transfer between PC <--> phone is impossible.

UPDATE: I think a temporary workaround is to go to Settings --> PC connection and do the following:
1. For "USB connection type" select "LG software"
2 Uncheck "Ask on connection"

When the phone connects just wait a couple minutes. It will time out after attempting to install the LG driver and then the phone will connect and be accessible from the PC.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kumakan3_zpsd61b518e.jpg

This Rom is for P769 (T-Mobile & Wind) & LGMS769 (MetroPCS) models.

DOWNLOADS​

CHANGELOG

V3.4
    List of changes made
    :

• Fixed Google-Text-T0-Speech bug in Maps
    • Integrated most System app updates
    • Fixed bug in aroma installer
    V3.3
    List of changes made
    :

• Removed Google+
    • Fixed bug in Maps
    • Tweaked Swap Script
    • Added a script "theme" to modify SystemUI on the fly [type "theme" in terminal for instructions] needs root access
    • Changed boot/shutdown animations, default lockscreen and default wallpaper
    V3.2
    List of changes made
    :

V3.1
    List of changes made
    :

• System Apps are ODEX (except 1)
    • Moved Viper4Android back to System App for better performance
    • Improved firstboot.sh script
    • Patched services.jar
    V3
    List of changes made
    :

• Switched to V21D [WIND] Kernel
    • Upgraded System to LGMS769 10F
    • Enter 2nd-init recovery by typing "recovery" (as # "su") in Terminal
    • Improved overclocking command [enter "max" in Terminal as #]
    • Removed Internal_SD to gain more space for Apps[2nd-Init Rom only]
    • Allow adb push to system [2nd-Init Rom only]
    • Added several selections of LB Recoveries
    • Added several keyboards to choose from {Visit Shaftamle Thread for a lot more!}
    • Improved Init.d loading
    • some System Apps are de-odex
    • Removed Chaos Revenge transition animation
    • Updated ViPER4Android to Beautiful V2.3.3.0 [app moved to data]
    • Updated Xposed Module & future updates are easier to install [app moved to data]
    • Updated GravityBox & future updates are easier to install [app moved to data]
    • Updated YouTube Adaway & future updates are easier to install [app moved to data]
    • UI icons changed to G3 (more changes to come)
    • Added several build.prop tweaks to improve speed and batter life (not sure if I really see a difference in battery life, lol)

V1 & V2
    List of changes made
    :

Credits:

• @AntonX - for removing Internal_SD setup
    • @mateo1111 - for his black statusbar zips and sharing his knowledge
    • @artas182x - for porting whirleyes overclocking module, and for porting 2nd-Init to L9
    • @rovo89 - for creating Xposed Module
    • @C3C076 - for creating GravityBox, the modules that does it all
    • @wanam - for creating his YouTube Ad Blocking module
    • @Shaftamle - for allowing me to use his Google Themed Keyboards
    • @Polloos - for taking the time to create several 2nd-Init Recoveries
    • @viper520 and zhuhang - for ViPER4Android FX
    • @zeppelinrox - for patching services.jar
    • @joehanh88 - for his toggles [KumaKan v1&2]
    • @jancsessz - for list of 4.1.2 build.prop tweaks
    • @Lgeob - for Center Clock UI
    • @Miguel-rocha - for G3 Status Bar Toggles
    • @ricky310711 - for base aroma setup
    • @amarullz - for creating Aroma Installer
    • TWRP Devs - for creating Team Win Recovery Project
    • CWM Devs - for creating a ton of stuff
    • @Phil3759 - for creating his customized PhilZ CWM
    • LG Developers & Carrier Devs- for ROM
    • Several Others - for posting and sharing information

PLEASE READ SECOND POST
    arrowdown.gif
    Instructions

How to install
    1. You will need root, busybox & artas182x locked bootloader CWM (2nd init recovery).

2. Make a backup of your current system & data, detailed instructions by @cmahendra, see 2nd & 3rd post. (Note: Make backups on External Sdcard)
    3. Download, locate and install my rom like any other flash-able zip. Note: MEGA has an app in the market ;D
    The most important thing to remember is don't select reboot recovery (in advance options). Your phone will (may) perform a factory reset and wipe your Internal Sd & data partition!!! You have been Warned!!!
    Old Method
    3. Download my Cwm backup and extract (un-zip) the "backup" folder to your external SD (micro SD) "clockworkmod" folder or Internal SD (not recommended). Note: If you don't have a "clockworkmod" folder in your external Sd, make one. You should have one if you made a cwm backup.
    The folders need to be like this /clockworkmod/backup/KUMA82-2013-10-03/
    a. Restore my CWM Backup and reboot.
    (Note: The first boot will take a long time, about 4mins)

Or
    b. Restore my CWM Backup and select "advance restore from external sdcard" and restore you data partition.
    (Note: only perform this option if your backup is from a jellybean rom. In addition, wipe dalvik cache & cache before booting up your system.)
    The most important thing to remember is don't select reboot recovery (in advance options). Your phone will (may) perform a factory reset and wipe your Internal Sd & data partition!!! You have been Warned!!!

How to overclock CPU to 1200mhz

Open terminal emulator and type:
    Code:
    su [COLOR=RoyalBlue](give root access)[/COLOR] 
    ./etc/overclock
    If your CPU is stable at 1200 and you want it set at every boot, perform this command
    Code:
    su
    mount -o remount /system
    cp /etc/overclock /etc/init.d/
    chmod -R 777 /etc/init.d
    PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CPU IS STABLE BEFORE SETTING IT AT EVERY BOOT

How to enable ViPER4Android
    First off, mad props to ViPER520 (Creator of V4A) & @zhuhang (xda maintainer) Please visit the thread & show your respect. ViPER4Android Audio Effects
    To get the most out of this app please visit that thread and read the first 4 post by @zhuhang. In addition, checkout the Impulse Response Sample thread.
    1. Open ViPER4Android FX apk, give root access and enable FX Compatible Mode.

Questions & Knowledge
    What does this swap (Internal/External) script do?

The script makes your fake Internal SD card become your External SD card and vice versa.
    I call it a fake Internal SD because the more stuff you place in that folder (/data/media) the less space you have for apps. Most phones have a real Internal SD, and it's not a part of the data partition.

Knowledge
    It's like this, your phone's hard drive is cut up into different sections and each have a different size. The two main partitions (storage sections) are system and data.
    Your data partition is about 1.8g in size and is located at "/data/". This place is where all your settings, user apps (/data/app), and other stuff are stored. When you do a factory reset, all of this stuff gets erased.

Inside the data, is a folder named "media". Media is your Internal SD card. The Media folder contains a very important folder name "Android" (/data/media/Android), this folder contains app setting (the stuff you can access without root) & is the storage place for large games.
    Now you can't do much about the small storage, the best thing to do is not save anything on it (data/media), like music, files & stuff.
    So with the swap script active, we are making the "micro SD" become the new storage place for the Android folder.
    Note: the script does not actually transfer everything you currently have saved in /data/media. You have to move that manually. The script/system will make a new Android folder on your "micro SD".
    In addtion, change camera and video recorder storage location to internal memory.

It would be real nice if we could move /data all to the micro SD, but we can't because of a lot of technical reasons.

I hope you have a better understanding about what this swap script is doing, and how the system operates.

Why do all my pictures/videos I take come out corrupt?
    Your pictures/videos are not corrupt, they just don't have the correct permissions. Once you reboot you will find your pictures/videos inside /storage/external_SD (I would take them out of there).
    Change the Storage settings for the camera & video to "Internal memory"

How do I remove the swap script?
    I admit the swap script isn't perfect, and I don't blame you for wanting to remove it.
    The easiest method (IMO) is to use a root browser and remove 69swap from the init.d folder.

If you don't understand what I just said :D, perform the following in a terminal.
    Code:
    su
    mount -o remount,rw /system 
    rm /etc/init.d/69swap
    and reboot.

More instructions Coming Soon:
    Yes please. I've been itching to flash something!! Lol
    Thanks for all your hard work. I'm still hoping the "white cat" thing is real so I can unlock my BL but....

For now I'll keep rotating between this, UltraRom, and CM9. I wish I could get BT media working on CM9.

Sent from my LG Optimus L9 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you haven't lost hope ;)

I'm not an expert or anything but I'm always trying to learn new stuff everyday, plus I like to help people.
    Hope you like the update

I still have a lot of work to perform on the system UI. I've been mostly working on improving the Aroma Installer I made and a couple of other stuff. If you prefer the old LGSystemUI pull it from my previous rom. I guess I should call this a beta release, lol.

I won't be getting around to updating the OP today, please "bear" with me =)
    The changelog.txt has a lot of information
    KumaKanV3
    https://mega.co.nz/#!goEHQARY!EV5ndD-SGW3ydXfocDdq9A7XR-AL6kTFwCGmESZN2Ao

If you don't want to flash the entire rom to enable or disable the 2nd-Init stuff, download the attachments below.
    One More Thing , if CWM asks to Disable Flashing Stock Recovery select option "NO"
    (Your System may flash stock recovery on boot This can not be undone)
    Don't worry if you accidentally select "yes" The system will fix the problem at boot. However, Xposed Youtube Adaway, GravityBox and init.d will not operate until you reboot a second time (on non 2nd-Init Rom only).
    Here's Kumakan V3.1 https://mega.co.nz/#!dw1i3YDT!zAr7C8-b75V5YSroiK0Xsg1aXTxBwe1bo96HG-Vd9Lg

changes made
    All expect 1 system app are odex (improves boot time and faster launching of system apps)
    Improve firstboot.sh script
    Added an option to add the Internal/External SD swap script for those that don't like the 2nd-Init version
    Moved Viper4Android back to system app for better performance.

Different colored SystemUI Icons
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53613300&postcount=499

enable 2nd-Init Rom http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2808469&d=1403276370
    disable 2nd-Inint Rom http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2808468&d=1403276370

Please read the changelog text in aroma
    Personally I'm not big on the big buttons...but I'm really liking the yellow on my keyboard. And it looks good on the burtons

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

In my opinion its great but I like the blue buttons better because it ties into the current OS colors

Sent from my LGMS769 using XDA Free mobile app
    Thanks everyone for your input. Here are some flashable zips. I'll upload some more after awhile.