Post Reply

[RECOVERY LOCKED/NCG] Safestrap Recovery v3.75 [2014-06-26 B03]

Announcement from Hashcode: Safestrap: Custom Recovery for Locked Devices!
30th September 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #401  
ludeawakening's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
111 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX.Deception

Thanks man. I've been wanting to run two slots. Do you think there would be a problem running the ss edition of GPE modified for verizon on slot one?

Are you going to have enough storage space for two slots, or do you mean the Stock slot and then Slot 1? I'm also unfamiliar with the ROM you're talking about. But If it runs good on Stock slot, then it will run good in a created slot. It doesn't matter on where the ROM is installed, like void4ever said, it all depends on the base. I'm about to flash Alliance back to Slot 1 and see if I have the rebooting issue, and if I do I will tweak the kernel like I had it before and see if it fixes it.
30th September 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #402  
DX.Deception's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludeawakening

Are you going to have enough storage space for two slots, or do you mean the Stock slot and then Slot 1? I'm also unfamiliar with the ROM you're talking about. But If it runs good on Stock slot, then it will run good in a created slot. It doesn't matter on where the ROM is installed, like void4ever said, it all depends on the base. I'm about to flash Alliance back to Slot 1 and see if I have the rebooting issue, and if I do I will tweak the kernel like I had it before and see if it fixes it.

Sorry man I completely forgot I was sent here because someone said to install this on the s4 and apparently it works but I highly doubt that it would work for two slots. But thanks for yalls help.
30th September 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #403  
ludeawakening's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
111 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX.Deception

Sorry man I completely forgot I was sent here because someone said to install this on the s4 and apparently it works but I highly doubt that it would work for two slots. But thanks for yalls help.

*slaps forehead* Haha no problem. I was kind of confused that there was a ROM out for our phones that I haven't heard about.
30th September 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #404  
DX.Deception's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludeawakening

*slaps forehead* Haha no problem. I was kind of confused that there was a ROM out for our phones that I haven't heard about.

Lol yeah facepalm moment.
30th September 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #405  
andybones's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 9,112
 
9,434 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
thank you very much for this!
without this I wouldn't be able to get this phone!
30th September 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #406  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX.Deception

Sorry man I completely forgot I was sent here because someone said to install this on the s4 and apparently it works but I highly doubt that it would work for two slots. But thanks for yalls help.

Odd, i ran an S4 for a few months before i swapped to the S5. It had it's own Safestrap thread, running 3.71 which had no issues aside from an encryption problem.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2441441

I'm unsure why they'd tell you to come here unless 3.75 does work on the S4 and has some improvement you need? Sorry we couldn't be more help man.


Off topic!
Shout out to Andybones, long time no see man. We use to chat over in the HTC incredible 4G boards. I was even using one of your roms for a while and tested a few things!

Void4ever
30th September 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #407  
DX.Deception's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by void4ever

Odd, i ran an S4 for a few months before i swapped to the S5. It had it's own Safestrap thread, running 3.71 which had no issues aside from an encryption problem.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2441441

I'm unsure why they'd tell you to come here unless 3.75 does work on the S4 and has some improvement you need? Sorry we couldn't be more help man.


Off topic!
Shout out to Andybones, long time no see man. We use to chat over in the HTC incredible 4G boards. I was even using one of your roms for a while and tested a few things!

Void4ever

Ever since the 4.4 update we have had to use SS 3.72 for the ATT version of the S4. Therfore limited rom slot support.
30th September 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #408  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX.Deception

Ever since the 4.4 update we have had to use SS 3.72 for the ATT version of the S4. Therfore limited rom slot support.

Ahhh i understand, learn something new everyday. This is what happens when you get a new phone, you forget everything about the old one!

Hopefully someone far smarter than myself can pick up the safestrap project given how vital it is to the community. I would do it if i knew what the hell i was doing :P

Void4ever
30th September 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #409  
DX.Deception's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by void4ever

Ahhh i understand, learn something new everyday. This is what happens when you get a new phone, you forget everything about the old one!

Hopefully someone far smarter than myself can pick up the safestrap project given how vital it is to the community. I would do it if i knew what the hell i was doing :P

Void4ever

I've thought Bout it a lot if I only knew were to begin .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S 5 Android Development by ThreadRank