Galaxy S5 SM-G9008V Owners' Thread

7th September 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
Post How about for SM-9006V (China Unicom) ??
Hi All,

Any ideas what root method for 9006V? China Unicom version. All i want is to root and install google services. Please!!!!

Thanks!
8th September 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #32  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauicardeno

Hi All,

Any ideas what root method for 9006V? China Unicom version. All i want is to root and install google services. Please!!!!

Thanks!

Hi, well you the root part I think you can do it with Towelroot without issues.
But for the google play part, I recommend you to follow this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738617

You might also give it a shot with the info mentioned here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1874285&page=3

In my case, I had to install the custom recovery, then root it, then finally install the google package from recovery menu.
I would recommend you any of the "popular" recoveries or a Chinese one (search in Baidu for 69006V ROOT or GAPPS etc. and use google translator).
Most of them has instructions with pictures so you can see what to do. I feel that Chinese versions of root/recovery/etc. works better than when using English ones, and besides if your phone gets in big problems at least the guy in your nearby Computer Market will understand what it says in the recovery :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Diegzynko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 07:40 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Another 9008v owner
Hey guys,
I'm so pleasantly surprised to see so many others in China with this g9008v model s5. I live e in nanjing and, after cracking my dear nexus 4,i decided to purchase an s5 (mostly after heavily researching they have the best camera on the smartphone market). I just bought my s5 tonight and was sad that I can't get anything Google to work, even with my vpn on. I will be rooting soon to change that. I'm so glad there is a community in China!
Another question I have is....... I see the are a decent amount of roms absolutely for the s5,but they are very model specific and didn't seem to notice our model listed. Any of you guys plan to install custom roms or do the whole xposed framework route?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread