View Poll Results: What RunTime you are using?
Dalvik 100 71.43%
ART 40 28.57%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4][SEP-29] CyanogenMod 11 HTC One S [hboot 2.16]

25th September 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #571  
Flag Београд
Thanks Meter: 118

350 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrel

Can someone point out some custom lernels that are compatible with this CM11?
Tried flashing Bubba Kernel but phone got stuck on boot image.

Thank you

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2638005 or http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2755111
The Following User Says Thank You to Loreane Van Daal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #572  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 1,648

3,538 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancerobot

Hey! Love the rom. Attached is a systemUI file with different icons for the wifi and signal, in case someone else finds the default ones dull. They are from the "Lines" pack in the CandyKat Sweetner packs, I couldn't find any info about the creator so I just stole them.

Check out the screenshot, top right corner, notice the wifi and signal icons are a bit funkier and squigglier.

This is from the 20140921 nightly, so may not work for other releases, haven't tried it yet...

To install:
- Download attached SystemUI.apk and copy to sdcard
- Do a backup using your recovery just in case
- Using rootexplorer, backup your old /system/priv-app/SystemUI.apk file by renaming it
- Copy the attached SystemUI.apk file to /system/priv-app using rootexplorer
- Change the permissions to be: RWX, R, R (so top three, then only the left one for next two lines)
- Reboot. Might have to reboot twice.
- Enjoy new squiggly icons!

If everything is screwed, first remove the new SystemUI.apk file and restore your old one. If that doesn't work, restore from your recovery.

Screenshot

Download: http://www.emilieroberts.com/dist/SystemUI.apk

Credits for the Candy Sweetener pack should go to Candy Dev team and the "lines" icons are made by griscol. There is no need to have a modded systemui.apk, anyone can just flash the pack and select desired icons from the Aroma installer. The pack is working theoretically on any AOSP ROM

Note: the icons are changed only if you're using the default holo theme since most of the themes replace the icons in statusbar with their own icons

Sent from nowhere over the air...
Last edited by Rapier; 26th September 2014 at 09:06 AM.
28th September 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #573  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 7

100 posts
More
Is anyone else having trouble with the dialer? The screen keeps blanking during calls and I can't access the dialpad or hang up or anything. When it does show up, sometimes the key presses don't seem to register in automated menus.

Google dialer has been pulled from gapps, I wonder if flashing an older version would work? Any other solutions?

Thanks!
28th September 2014, 10:03 AM   |  #574  
Flag Београд

350 posts
More
Quote:

Is anyone else having trouble with the dialer? The screen keeps blanking during calls and I can't access the dialpad or hang up or anything. When it does show up, sometimes the key presses don't seem to register in automated menus.

Google dialer has been pulled from gapps, I wonder if flashing an older version would work? Any other solutions?

Thanks!

i haven't expirienced that although i phone a lot. When i move it from ear screen goes on normaly. If it was just a blank screen during calls i'll blame it on proximity sensor. With not responding on key press i don't have a clue. Maybe to clear cache and data for dialer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Loreane Van Daal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th September 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #575  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 1,648

3,538 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks!

Google dialer has been replaced with Hangouts Dialer I think since the new Hangouts 2.3 integrates the previous Google Voice. Hangouts Dialer is available for download in play store and requires Hangouts 2.3 or newer

Sent from nowhere over the air...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rapier For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #576  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 7

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreane Van Daal

i haven't expirienced that although i phone a lot. When i move it from ear screen goes on normaly. If it was just a blank screen during calls i'll blame it on proximity sensor. With not responding on key press i don't have a clue. Maybe to clear cache and data for dialer.

Thanks for the suggestion, I haven't had the keystrokes not registering issue since clearing the data/cache but the screen not turning on until a call ends is still aproblem. It indeed seems like a proximity sensor issue, but I did not have this problem on a Liberty (Sense 6 based) or Codename Lungo, just on CM11 (and Candykat) so I don't think it's hardware. Maybe it's a setting? Are there ways to tune the proximity sensor sensitivity?

I tried google dialer but had the keypress issue like crazy, it didn't register any key presses at all when calling my bank.
29th September 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #577  
Flag Београд

350 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion, I haven't had the keystrokes not registering issue since clearing the data/cache but the screen not turning on until a call ends is still aproblem. It indeed seems like a proximity sensor issue, but I did not have this problem on a Liberty (Sense 6 based) or Codename Lungo, just on CM11 (and Candykat) so I don't think it's hardware. Maybe it's a setting? Are there ways to tune the proximity sensor sensitivity?

I tried google dialer but had the keypress issue like crazy, it didn't register any key presses at all when calling my bank.

there is app Rezound Prox Sensor Calibrator, maybe worth trying. Also, there was, and still is, a proximity fix for cm10, maybe it can be applied to init.d of cm11. But that is far away beyond my knowledge.
29th September 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #578  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 472

290 posts
More
#Added 09/29
#NOT Tested
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cikoleko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 09:27 PM   |  #579  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 5

25 posts
More
There's a solution for the exagerated battery drain?
Yesterday, 11:02 PM   |  #580  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreane Van Daal

there is app Rezound Prox Sensor Calibrator, maybe worth trying. Also, there was, and still is, a proximity fix for cm10, maybe it can be applied to init.d of cm11. But that is far away beyond my knowledge.

I have the problem where the proximity sensor won't turn off.
Only after I installed Rezound Proximity Sensor Calibrator I was able to use the phone normaly durring a call.
You can check also with Sensor Box.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread