View Poll Results: Do you want to continue building off of Note 3 base, or Use S5 base
Note 3 Base 59 43.07%
S5 Base 78 56.93%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][4.4.2][N3-NG2//S5-NE2]**~AllianceROM KitKat~** 09.02.2014 Note3/S5 Based ROMs

Announcement from RErick: AllianceROM Kit Kat International ND3
Yesterday, 02:18 AM   |  #1231  
Recognized Themer
Flag Nicholasville
Thanks Meter: 5,330

3,613 posts
Donate to Me
More
And K-alz... I know where a nice inverted seed can be had

Cowboy from Hell on a twisted trail.
Koffed from my Big Ass Outlaw Phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbajoe40356 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 02:36 AM   |  #1232  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio... Southeast Oklahoma originally
Thanks Meter: 2,448

3,468 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RErick

You don't like seed? 0.o it's my favorite email. And it does give notifications. I use it exclusively.

And those are probably safe to freeze but not remove. I don't know what they are.

And email FC because it's still beta. I haven't added any fixes yet

I don't like how it doesn't show notification count on the icon of the app (I think it's my OCD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitherell

Not my rom I know, but still...

Got a logcat of the FC?

Thank you so much, sir. I found 2 of them.
1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/joncm6vbyi...or.txt.gz?dl=0

2. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ltdao10tn...ve.txt.gz?dl=0

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajoe40356

And K-alz... I know where a nice inverted seed can be had

Cowboy from Hell on a twisted trail.
Koffed from my Big Ass Outlaw Phone.

Guide a brutha! LOL
Yesterday, 02:38 AM   |  #1233  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,275

3,884 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-alz

I don't like how it doesn't show notification count on the icon of the app (I think it's my OCD)

Thank you so much, sir. I found 2 of them.
1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/joncm6vbyi...or.txt.gz?dl=0

2. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ltdao10tn...ve.txt.gz?dl=0

The issue stems from it looking for something that exists on S5 but not on N3 - com.samsung.android.cepproxyks.ISCEPKeystoreServic e (and the $Stub version of that). First job would be tracking down where that exists on S5 (maybe in a framework/2 jar? or a separate apk?) and seeing if it's feasible to move it over to the N3. If so, yay. If not (and since it's a keystore thing, I'm guessing not... though maybe the methods could be "fooled" in some way...), see if the N3 email does anything similar in similar areas of its SecEmail and try to emulate those using N3 stuff in the S5 email. If that works - yay. If not, see if there is some way all of that code can be avoided altogether in the S5 email - this could impinge on functionality (would have to test to see), and if so... hmm... well that's about as far out as I've thought about it. Just my thoughts, but at least now you know part of the reason why it has issues
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 02:45 AM   |  #1234  

3,468 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitherell

The issue stems from it looking for something that exists on S5 but not on N3 - com.samsung.android.cepproxyks.ISCEPKeystoreServic e (and the $Stub version of that). First job would be tracking down where that exists on S5 (maybe in a framework/2 jar? or a separate apk?) and seeing if it's feasible to move it over to the N3. If so, yay. If not (and since it's a keystore thing, I'm guessing not... though maybe the methods could be "fooled" in some way...), see if the N3 email does anything similar in similar areas of its SecEmail and try to emulate those using N3 stuff in the S5 email. If that works - yay. If not, see if there is some way all of that code can be avoided altogether in the S5 email - this could impinge on functionality (would have to test to see), and if so... hmm... well that's about as far out as I've thought about it. Just my thoughts, but at least now you know part of the reason why it has issues

Very nicely explained. Makes sense, but I have zero knowledge in codes/coding, so I'll just use one of these kids (cloud magic or seed) until you guys fix it. Thank you very much.
Yesterday, 03:34 PM   |  #1235  

3,468 posts
More
Ok, today I found out that screen mirroring doesn't work on the s5 beta. I use it on my Samsung TV. No biggie, just to give some feedback.
Yesterday, 10:16 PM   |  #1236  
Thanks Meter: 183

1,081 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-alz

Do you think they're safe to remove? Also, did you happen to know why the email app on the S5 rom FCs every time I attempt to open an email? Now I'm using "seed" and I don't like it. No notification count or status bar notification at all

Does it by chance have my magazine installed and did you freeze it? Known issue if you freeze or uninstall my magazine it will give fc with stock email unless you use the tw that was built without my magazine

Just option

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 11:12 PM   |  #1237  

3,468 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugshad

Does it by chance have my magazine installed and did you freeze it? Known issue if you freeze or uninstall my magazine it will give fc with stock email unless you use the tw that was built without my magazine

Just option

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No, I've uploaded a log for dwitherell and he said it was something comes from the S5 build that needs to be tracked down.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread