WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19b back in February, they took the tech … more

Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Broken screen already

OP simpletona70

26th September 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #11  
Flag Richfield
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
More
So, I received my phone back yesterday, and couldn't help but notice a huge crack going from top to bottom of the phone. This crack wasn't there before , Originally the screen had been badly scratched. I tried to open a ticket again to replace, and they say that due to "negligent use" (Bootloader unlocked/Security OFF) my phone is now fully out of warranty. I told them this is ridiculous, I'm not asking for a new phone; I just want my screen repaired under HTC Advantage, and need this escalated. Hoping to get a call from a manager today. I'm very unhappy with HTC.

This seems like a magnuson moss act violation. Thoughts?
26th September 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 12

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by absalonprieto

I might try resetting security and sending it back again. I did a rather half added job last time. I was worried about the replacement option because that might have generated a charge to my credit card. Did you have to put a credit card on hold?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

I did not have to put a credit card on hold because I shipped them my device first and have just done without for a week or so. I think you only have to make a credit card deposit if they ship you a device first.
30th September 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,272

7,490 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by absalonprieto

So, I received my phone back yesterday, and couldn't help but notice a huge crack going from top to bottom of the phone. This crack wasn't there before , Originally the screen had been badly scratched. I tried to open a ticket again to replace, and they say that due to "negligent use" (Bootloader unlocked/Security OFF) my phone is now fully out of warranty. I told them this is ridiculous, I'm not asking for a new phone; I just want my screen repaired under HTC Advantage, and need this escalated. Hoping to get a call from a manager today. I'm very unhappy with HTC.

This seems like a magnuson moss act violation. Thoughts?

More discussion about the screen warranty here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...767547&page=14

Of particular interest is Post #139, which says the HTC rep claims S-off prevents access to the video calibration tool (sounds kinda made-up to me). Then later in Post #146, HTC appears to backpedal a bit, and offer the free replacement if the customer agrees to take "full responsibility" if there are issues with the motherboard later.
Last edited by redpoint73; 30th September 2014 at 09:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #14  
Flag Anytown, USA
Thanks Meter: 76

449 posts
More
Thought I was going to have to use HTC Advantage today when I dropped my phone on my hardwood floor. It landed perfect on the screen and made an awful smacking sound. I just sat there in disbelief scared to pick it up. When I did everything was A-OK.
Hope you get this straighten out. Good luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread