51 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By simpletona70, Member on 17th June 2014, 12:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th September 2014, 07:32 PM |#11  
Flag Richfield
Thanks Meter: 2

More
So, I received my phone back yesterday, and couldn't help but notice a huge crack going from top to bottom of the phone. This crack wasn't there before , Originally the screen had been badly scratched. I tried to open a ticket again to replace, and they say that due to "negligent use" (Bootloader unlocked/Security OFF) my phone is now fully out of warranty. I told them this is ridiculous, I'm not asking for a new phone; I just want my screen repaired under HTC Advantage, and need this escalated. Hoping to get a call from a manager today. I'm very unhappy with HTC.

This seems like a magnuson moss act violation. Thoughts?

26th September 2014, 09:11 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by absalonprieto

I might try resetting security and sending it back again. I did a rather half added job last time. I was worried about the replacement option because that might have generated a charge to my credit card. Did you have to put a credit card on hold?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

I did not have to put a credit card on hold because I shipped them my device first and have just done without for a week or so. I think you only have to make a credit card deposit if they ship you a device first.
30th September 2014, 08:03 PM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by absalonprieto

So, I received my phone back yesterday, and couldn't help but notice a huge crack going from top to bottom of the phone. This crack wasn't there before , Originally the screen had been badly scratched. I tried to open a ticket again to replace, and they say that due to "negligent use" (Bootloader unlocked/Security OFF) my phone is now fully out of warranty. I told them this is ridiculous, I'm not asking for a new phone; I just want my screen repaired under HTC Advantage, and need this escalated. Hoping to get a call from a manager today. I'm very unhappy with HTC.

This seems like a magnuson moss act violation. Thoughts?

More discussion about the screen warranty here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...767547&page=14

Of particular interest is Post #139, which says the HTC rep claims S-off prevents access to the video calibration tool (sounds kinda made-up to me). Then later in Post #146, HTC appears to backpedal a bit, and offer the free replacement if the customer agrees to take "full responsibility" if there are issues with the motherboard later.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
30th September 2014, 11:16 PM |#14  
Flag Anytown, USA
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Thought I was going to have to use HTC Advantage today when I dropped my phone on my hardwood floor. It landed perfect on the screen and made an awful smacking sound. I just sat there in disbelief scared to pick it up. When I did everything was A-OK.
Hope you get this straighten out. Good luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)