Shattered Screen Experience

Yesterday, 04:24 AM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 31

177 posts
I get mine back tomorrow. I plan on flashing the hboot that says s-on even though it isn't and sending it back when I can again.
Yesterday, 05:34 AM   |  #142  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 229

1,713 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshamlet

This is a really depressing thread, because it sounds like HTC's customer support is really bad. If they really had to S-on for their tool to work, which I seriously doubt, they could simply reset the flash (S-on) the existing motherboard and return it stock.

They are lying through their teeth so hard it hurts, and for what? To pry the cost of a motherboard out of you? I would flat out tell them how disappointed you are that after investing so much money in their product that they are treating you this way.

its terrible disappointing that they do that.. hurts to say but this is the last HTC device ill buy.
The Following User Says Thank You to HRodMusic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 05:50 AM   |  #143  

177 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRodMusic

its terrible disappointing that they do that.. hurts to say but this is the last HTC device ill buy.

That's how I feel too. But it probably won't be my last :/ I love their phones but this experience has been very disappointing
Yesterday, 05:54 AM   |  #144  
Flag Seattle

1,713 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grim489

That's how I feel too. But it probably won't be my last :/ I love their phones but this experience has been very disappointing

its been completely sad, keep us updated with your phone man!
Yesterday, 06:33 AM   |  #145  
Thanks Meter: 13

88 posts
More
Given that a major consideration for going with the M8 was the fact that you can unlock your bootloader (either officially or unofficially), and S-off (unofficially), I will probably not be going anywhere - unless HTC starts following Samsung and LG recent forays into encrypted bootloaders. The only other serious choice was a Nexus 5, but I felt the M8 was the better choice between the two.
Yesterday, 05:51 PM   |  #146  
Flag Seattle

1,713 posts
More
Update, just received a call from the repair center, spoke to a very nice gentlemen named Isaiah, he said i had two options, one where they could replace the screen and the motherboard but that would cost me 290 dollars he said they could cut it by half meaning I only paid 145, or another option where they could just replace the screen for free but i will take full responsibility over the phone if the motherboard failed on me or anything else, i chose the free option, he said i needed to email him saying i will take full responsibility, and that once he received the email they will begin the repair process.

after sometime and speaking to the right people I finally got the phone fixed, ill still be keeping everyone updated until the phone is in my hands.
The Following User Says Thank You to HRodMusic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 06:15 PM   |  #147  

177 posts
Quote:

Update, just received a call from the repair center, spoke to a very nice gentlemen named Isaiah, he said i had two options, one where they could replace the screen and the motherboard but that would cost me 290 dollars he said they could cut it by half meaning I only paid 145, or another option where they could just replace the screen for free but i will take full responsibility over the phone if the motherboard failed on me or anything else, i chose the free option, he said i needed to email him saying i will take full responsibility, and that once he received the email they will begin the repair process.

after sometime and speaking to the right people I finally got the phone fixed, ill still be keeping everyone updated until the phone is in my hands.

Wish I had that option given to me man, that's awesome. 👍
The Following User Says Thank You to grim489 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 06:38 PM   |  #148  
Thanks Meter: 13

88 posts
More
Quote:

This is actually fair, since it is possible for third-party ROMs to overclock the processor or other parts of the main board. I might be a tad miffed if something obviously hardware-related happened, like a bad sensor or camera, but the primary warranty does specifically mention modding - unlike the HTC Advantage program.

It's a shame they don't just state this up front.
The Following User Says Thank You to jshamlet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 11:43 PM   |  #149  
Flag Seattle

1,713 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshamlet

This is actually fair, since it is possible for third-party ROMs to overclock the processor or other parts of the main board. I might be a tad miffed if something obviously hardware-related happened, like a bad sensor or camera, but the primary warranty does specifically mention modding - unlike the HTC Advantage program.

It's a shame they don't just state this up front.

yup fair for the both of us, i cant wait to get it back!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread