U8 UWatch Pro

Search This thread

ntreik

Jul 12, 2013
I am pretty sure that android won't allow you to connect to more than one device at a time.

You can alter the time out settings to a max of 60 seconds, but you can't leave on permanently (it would kill your battery anyway) . There is a pedometer setting that will activate the display when you raise your wrist ,but I can't get it to work reliably.

Yep but the watch has a sim. can't we connect the headset to watch only?

I found this link. is this the real deal? http://www.ebay.com/itm/281435660963?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Last edited:

T3beatz

Apr 16, 2014
Some things are too good to be true... I saw that one too. just didn't bid on it. I bought another that was listed for $56.00.

ntreik

Jul 12, 2013
i bought it. soon will ship .dont really care if its crap, my expectations are low. to buy a good one you need 150-200 $ so ill be happy whatever it is :p

no99sqrd

Jan 2, 2011
Just got one off of eBay

Great price for it ($22 shipped) - I really hope I didn't get scammed! Hopefully it works as advertised. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is installing an apk from a Chinese website!

mpivar

Jun 25, 2007
Where can I buy this smart watch? I don't want to buy it on ebay. I reather buy it in some store like geekbuying or dx.

T3beatz

Apr 16, 2014
I got mine from a US ebay seller, they sold it under the name UPAD UPro, it is the same as the U8 pro. You can find it at aliexpress, I typed in smart watch in the search at DX and it was the first one that popped up.

bustanut666

Dec 19, 2008
I found it at my favorite china store: http://www.tinydeal.com/smart-weara...uetooth-notifications-anti-lost-p-128329.html

But I don't think it is U8 PRO. It looks the same but specs are different (RAM size, screen resolution...)

Looks the same as my u8 pro. 3rd and 4th pic same. Think first pic is like inverted.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Looks the same as my u8 pro. 3rd and 4th pic same. Think first pic is like inverted. Not sure about specs.

seedaripper

Sep 24, 2014
Bristol
help?

if you have any questions please ask![/QUOTE]

Ay up mate, just got this watch but im having problems with recieving messages...i'd like to try this apk but the address doesnt work...do i have to plug my phone into the computer download the app then put it onto my phone? if so how do you do it (bit of an android noob):confused:
many thanks
see
p.s i cant post the link because im new :(

selvanas

Sep 26, 2014
U8 Smart Watch

recently I bought U8 Smart Watch.. It displays correct contact names while making outgoing calls. However, for incoming Calls It displays the name of the first entry of phone book for all calls... Please help how to resolve this....

selvanas

Sep 26, 2014
U8 Smartwatch

I have installed BTNotification App from the above link. However the problem still persists.. every incoming call displays the same name which is the first name in my Contacts....

panamakevin

Screen Protectors?

Has anyone found any screen protectors that fit the U8 Pro? Or is a screen protector unneccessary? I don't want to take the film off of it just incase its a cheap piece of glass that scratches easily... and I'm not sure which popular watch screen is closest in size to this watch. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

So far I like the watch for the price (its just a little more than some of the cheaper throw away watches I get at target) Money well spent, just had to wait for like 3 weeks before it arrived from china...

STALKER_88

Jul 13, 2010
Kandy
Im thinking about buying this. but need some stuff cleared. anybody here using this with a Xperia phone? if so will the music controls work with the Walkman? also when playing music can i choose the output (phone or watch)? i listen to music a lot. i want the phone to play music with the headset and the watch to control it(pause/next/volume). is it possible?

Albatros2605

Mar 5, 2011
Warsaw
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Im thinking about buying this. but need some stuff cleared. anybody here using this with a Xperia phone? if so will the music controls work with the Walkman? also when playing music can i choose the output (phone or watch)? i listen to music a lot. i want the phone to play music with the headset and the watch to control it(pause/next/volume). is it possible?
Yes, You can configure that whatever You want. I have this watch and I can listen to the music by the phone or watch or bluetooth headset. For example: Bluetooth headset is connecting with the phone for music and watch for calls and smses. But I didnt check the control by the watch when You listen music by the headset. I will do it.

OK now its clear, You can control the music in your phone by the watch only when you are connecting bluetooth multimedia. Then the music is only in the watch's speaker.

Last edited:
Reactions: STALKER_88

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is the watch strap replaceable? i dont really like buckle straps and would prefer a deployment clasp. im gonna be ordering this tomorrow so i would just like to know so that i could get the strap at the same time. I intend to make a video on this watch since there arent many. im actually excited for this watch, my hopes arent high but from what i can tell it's a pretty decent smart watch for what it costs.

I think the strap is a standard 24mm wide or just slightly less than 1 inch.
    It looks pretty standard with except that the pin holding it is not a spring loaded type but
    in fact looks as if it is some sort of screw with a hexaganol head
    of the type you would put a very small Allen key in.
    Changing it looks as though it should be pretty easy if you have two such Allen keys.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

aliexpress.com/item/New-Micro-USB-to-3-5mm-RCA-Jack-Headphone-Earphone-Audio-Adapter-Socket-Convertor-Cable-Free/1457486610.html

i guess if the usb connector is not long enough on this one could remove the plastic case and stick some hot glue on it to make it longer.
    so i got the impression though that you cannot store music on u8 pro itself, right?
    also i`m kind of assuming that you would not be able to use u8 pro with bluetooth headset

Not quite as easy as that because the metal outer case has to be 8mm all the way back from the tip to the shoulder on the plastic.
    I read somewhere about someone stripping back the standard plastic plug and finding just the wires underneath.
    There is a web site I found selling the longer tip variety of micro USB plug so if it arrives I will test it and maybe I can post a link.

You are correct I think as so far the only music I have played was on my smart phone.
    The Bluetooth headphones might not be a problem as you can probable pair them with your smart phone
    if the watch won't recognise them , which I suspect it wont.
    The odd thing even then the volume control on the watch, in my case won't communicate with the volume control in my music app.
    It will make the tracks skip and pause, pity about the volume control.
    It is a dedicated piece of firmware as opposed to Android so it boots up very quickly but there are limitations unless the manufacturer posts updates to the firmware.
    The battery life is quite good so far, for me a day of light use at least. Charging is pretty quick. It will of course charge off a lap top or aux battery using its 8mm micro USB cable.
    Link as text

https:// play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bt.smartwatch

delete the space after //
    so what are the differences between U8 and U8 pro?

hardware looks different, or are there real changes?

software is newer but not that much different?

same BTNotifier app?

Well there is a micro sim card slot which allows it to be a stand alone phone if needed.

This is all for an android phone ad that is what I am using with btnotify as downloaded from the details on the instruction sheet that came with the phone.
    The phone arrived set to Chinese so to set it to English find the settings icon (looks like a gear wheel)
    Tap the second option down.
    Tap the second option down again.
    Select the first option which is English.

I have one of these and it works pretty well even just as a phone.
    Unfortunately the instruction sheet is a bit limited and you need to work a few things out.
    Using btnotification on an android phone it will push full notification with some of the contents not just the fact you have a message to the watch.
    You can start your smart phone camera and see the picture it is seeing then make it capture it on the smart phone using the smart watch as a remote control.
    You can use the music app on the smart watch to operate your music played app on the smart phone to play music held on your phone. On mine I can skip tracks but NOT alter the volume coming through the smart phone speakers or smart phone earphones.
    Of you allow the music to play through the smart watch speaker or earphone then the volume control on the smart watch works locally.
    This may depend on the app you have on the phone and what functionality the phone has.
    There are 4 clock faces and the digital one is very good.
    The screen is bright and has good viewing angles. It comes on with a button press and goes off on a second button press or after about 5 seconds of inactivity. This is good for the battery life and not as much as much of a pain as it might at first appear.. No more so than pressing a button for a back light at night. There is only one button so you can't get it wrong.
    Slightly annoyingly the standard micro USB plugs are longer at about 8mm because the USB slot is sunk to protect it from damage and water I suppose. The earphones are also micro USB in fact the same slot a there is only one. A 3.5 mm jack would have been better for me ad I don't like the earphones supplied very much. A bit of rooting around on the net can yield some 8mm cables but as yet I have not found a 8mm micro USB to 3.5 mm jack plug adaptor.
    If anyone can work out how the speed dial works I would love to know how.
    You can get the local sim to call numbers by entering their position on the sim followed by #. Not really the same thing but easier than scrolling through the local address book. Note their position on the sim is as they were added to the sim not alphabetical.
    I might add to this as I find out a bit more.
    I do have the observation that while names come up for incoming calls to the smart watch if they come from the smart phone it displays the phone number. Maybe this is just my fault.
    Both the lost phone and loss of blue tooth connection (phone out of range) work.
    I will be interested to see any other comments or instructions from anyone else.
    Well only one day in and I find an undocumented feature. If you move your arm forward like you want to know the time the screen comes on. So one handed operation is no problem. Obviously someone used an accelerometer feed to switch on the display or my watch has a loose connection but I think it is very clever, just wish I had a manual that documented all the features.
    Note you may have to try it a few times to get it to work but it will.
    Can't get any of your links to actually download anything, where is the original link for 1321 version?
    Can you get into the file dropper website? I accessed from desktop and mobile chrome and it worked.
    One thing to bear in mind is that the catcha code is case sensitive.
    I don't have 1.3.21,but here is the official link for 1.3.20

http://dl.vmall.com/c0wl4l104v

Edit, found this on the playstore.... Seems to work well.. Is the 3.02 firmware. Am waiting to receive a notification to see if it displays as much info as the mediatek one- edit it displays sender and subject from Gmail app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bt.smartwatch

The Dev also has another app, but doesn't seem to have as many options
    So i have found 4 versions of BT notify.. Seems like 1.3.21 works the best for me.. Everything works and seems faster..

The latest version 3.01, the remote camera didn't work.

Here are the links

http://www.filedropper.com/btnotify-1319

http://www.filedropper.com/btnotify-1320

http://www.filedropper.com/btnotify-1321

http://www.filedropper.com/btnotify-301