Kitkat killed battery life

17th August 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #41  
Flag islamabad
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
I recently updated to kitkat and do not at all feel any change in battery life. I think it all depends on on which version of firmware you are using. There are so many different roms available may be some have bugs or something. I feel no adverse effects of kitkat.
22nd August 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
More
Installing 28000mAh batt:System ignores actual voltage, when estimating charge level.
Check low and high voltages on your battery
You can do this with many software from Android play store
My high voltage (100%) is 4.315 and low was 3.6 or 3.4 (not quite sure because now I'm testing new battery)

It seems like operating system does not estimate charge level from the battery voltage
It is rather done from power consumed from the battery

High voltage is always 4.315 because of constant current / constant voltage charge algorithm

But if you start your new firmware from a low charge, operating system can underworlt and damage your battery

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Now it shows 43% with 4117mV on battery!!!
Last edited by xdauserr; 22nd August 2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Typo
26th August 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
I've been running Kit Kat for a while now and haven't seen any noticeable changes in battery life.
12th September 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchiee

Still early but the Spain version seems to have better battery life for me. Over 2 hours screen time via 20% battery watching movies, playing games and surfing the web. Not sure whats wrong with the US version... Hope they update it, but im glad we have other stock options.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Hello guys,
a silly question but can I upgrade my tablet to 4.4.2 Spain STOCK version without tripping the knox? I'm on 4.3 stock -Belgian model. We have been waiting and waiting and waiting but it doesnt seem that Samsung is ever going to upgrade the rest of the N2014 p-600 tablets. Some were lucky and received the upgrade and some like the Belgium, Netherlands, UK not...
13th September 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #45  
Flag Somewhere Else
Thanks Meter: 262

853 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saied7

Hello guys,
a silly question but can I upgrade my tablet to 4.4.2 Spain STOCK version without tripping the knox? I'm on 4.3 stock -Belgian model. We have been waiting and waiting and waiting but it doesnt seem that Samsung is ever going to upgrade the rest of the N2014 p-600 tablets. Some were lucky and received the upgrade and some like the Belgium, Netherlands, UK not...

Yes, and most are multi language so that shouldn't be an issue either.
You'll trip knox messing with the bootloader doing a root or installing custom recovery.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
14th September 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchiee

Yes, and most are multi language so that shouldn't be an issue either.
You'll trip knox messing with the bootloader doing a root or installing custom recovery.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. Can you send the link or the guide of how to upgrade properly? My guess is I have to do it through Odin right?
And is the Spain version still the best at this moment or are there newer updates for p600?
23rd September 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #47  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 126

654 posts
KitKat has made my Battery life better and at the same time worse. I'll explain...

Before KitKat on standby it used to drop 1-2% per 12hrs, For the last 2 days it has dropped 3% per 12hrs.

Now heres the amazing bit. Before KitKat my tablet would drop 10% per hour of screen time, however with KitKat after a full charge I'm now sitting 66% battery with 4hrs of screen time.

So overall I'm pretty happy with the results so far...btw I use the tablet exactly the same every day and pre-kitkat I never got more than an hour from 10% battery loss, so it seems overall KitKat update is doing my tablet well.

I hope it stay like that.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.
Today, 04:40 AM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
My battery is draining too fast
has anyone solved the problem?

Ill try a hard reset to wacth is something is going wrong

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread