Epson Moverio BT-200 Wearable Display

22nd September 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #201  
Pamona
Thanks Meter: 5

104 posts
More
Update I did get screen mirroring to work from my glasses to the tv. Using the samsung wireless dongle. I will say it took some work to get the dongle to register the glasses.

Sent from my BT-200 using taptalk
22nd September 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #202  
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
Great post! Thanks!
Hey @netgenie,
wish I had had this wealth of info months ago! I rooted the device in despair.

With youtube on it there seems to be real life in this gadget now.
Didnīt manage to tether it to my iPhone so far to get Internet connection on the go. Any ideas? Will tethering work with a, say, Samsung Galaxy S tablet?

Thanks so much!
G.
22nd September 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #203  
Pamona

104 posts
More
Don't see why not if it's wifi tether. I do it with my note 3 all the time.

22nd September 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #204  
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybericebyte

Don't see why not if it's wifi tether. I do it with my note 3 all the time.

Well, itīs Apple! <sigh> Anyone got real experience with that?
I will re-try today afternoon, but as far as I remember the Moverio didnīt "see" the iPhone, though the iPad did. <

Edit: BTW - I ordered a Google Chromecast. Anybody any idea if it can stream FROM the TV to the Moverio, maybe with some app?
Edit2: Oops, guess HDMI on TV is in only (except reverse audio). Canīt work!
Thanks
G.
Last edited by gue22; 22nd September 2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: added q
25th September 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #205  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Problem to update to D1.0.5
Hi Folks,

I've got my glasses last week and I have problems to update it to D1.0.5 (do have the ADB support).
My glasses have R1.0.5 firmware, I don't care about loosing miracast support. I followed the official BT200_DOS1406B_EN.pdf tutorial

I tried to download the APK directly to the device, but the download hangs (for eternity) and nothing is downloaded. So I downloaded the SystemUpdate.apk on PC, coppied to the device and installed it manually (through browser).
However, it seems that nothing has changed. I tried Settings > System Update > Check now, but after clicking that button nothing really happens. Like if the button does nothing. I really need the debug support.

Does any of you have the same problem?
I repeated the procedure several times, after factory reset and with full charged battery.
I went through the whole thread here but didn't find anything usefull.

Lubos
Last edited by arapp; 25th September 2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: I found a typo
25th September 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #206  
Pamona

104 posts
More
You must have the glasses connected to Internet for it to work.

25th September 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #207  

2 posts
Thank you, cybericebyte. I had the glasses connected to the internet (of course). However, certain ports were blocked, but other android devices don't have a problem with updates. It seems that in case of the moverio there was a problem. After changing the network it worked.

Thank you,

Lubos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybericebyte

You must have the glasses connected to Internet for it to work.

Yesterday, 08:17 AM   |  #208  

1 posts
Question Ergonomics: screens sit too low in my field of vision
Hello,

I am not a developer or even a very experienced Android user, but I am a private pilot beta testing the Aero Glass app for pilots using the BT-200 glasses. Aero Glass has a very compelling use case -- a heads-up display of flight, airport, nav, and traffic data. But I had a problem and found this thread with a fairly large and active user group. I posted this in the Aero Glass forum also.

My problem is very basic and deals with the screen positioning of the device within my field of vision. I have played with the nose piece ad infinitum and no amount of adjustment seems to raise the screen into the center of my field of view. A centered screen is critical in order to have the Aero Glass HUD and artificial horizon dead centered when my head is in a natural straight-forward position.

I notice that raising the lense portion of the glasses using the nose pieces does not appear to raise the screens proportionally and after raising it a little it begins to disappear from view anyway. With ear pieces on top of the ears as normal, every nose position I have tried has the top of the screen sitting just below my eyes-level poSition.

However, changing the *angle* of the glasses helps immensely but requires me to lower the ear pieces by actually taking them off the top of my ears, stretching them wider a bit, and sliding them down almost to my ear lobes. Weird, and far from a solution, but that puts the screens in the dead center of my FOV.

It seems that the ear pieces are cheap and unadjustable chunks of plastic. Does anyone know if they can be removed or replaced? I don't think so, unfortunately. If not, I am considering doing some...er... modifications to the ear pieces.

Do the screens normally sit so low? Is that the intended poition? Seems not very useful for AR but would be ok for watching vids and such (but then that would defeat the AR purpose).

Please forgive the thread hijack.

-Brandon

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread