[Q] Note 10.1 Boot Loop. Can't access recovery mode

2nd March 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #11  
Flag Yangon
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
Hi,

Could you let us know how it went after the service? I had similar problems with my Note 10.1 (n8013) but it seems to have gone away by itself. Had to let the battery die a couple of times a couple of times though, but now I'm running IOKP without a hitch. . Would really like to know what the Samsung service people diagnosed...
15th April 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowgli_writes

Hi,

Could you let us know how it went after the service? I had similar problems with my Note 10.1 (n8013) but it seems to have gone away by itself. Had to let the battery die a couple of times a couple of times though, but now I'm running IOKP without a hitch. . Would really like to know what the Samsung service people diagnosed...

BUMP : Same behavior here. I was able to upload an older stock ROM via odin but upon rebooting, the behavior persists and I still cannot boot into recovery mode. It would help tremendously if Samsung would pull their heads out of the asses and provide links to firmware but I cannot find an official source for any US version of the Note 10.1 (gt-n8013eavxar).

Side note to the origin of the problem. The tablet I am attempting to recover had never been rooted so I'm ruling out operator error as to how the device became so jammed up.
10th June 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #13  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb-x

Hi all,

I have a similar issue to kyleschepis.

I am not using a custom ROM. I have the stock ROM that came with the GT-N8013.

My issue started a week ago. My Galaxy Note had been having occasional issues with the external SD card. A warning would appear saying that the SD card had been removed, and a couple of seconds later it would re-mount and every thing was fine.

But last week, I picked up my note and turned the screen on (it was already started) and noticed the warning message while the screen was still locked. Then, as the second message was still being displayed letting me know that the SD card had been mounted, I swipe the screen to unlock. But instead of unlocking, my Note completely rebooted. It got as far as the logo screen (displaying "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1"), but would go no further.

I AM able to get into the Odin download mode but CANNOT get into recovery mode no matter what I do.

I have tried re-flashing the stock ROM ("KIES_HOME_N8013UEUCMI3_N8013XARCMI3_813049_RE V00 _user_low_ship.tar.md5") several times, as well as trying to install customer recovery modes like CWM and TWRP, as well as the stock recovery. The installation in Odin seems to run fine - I get the "PASS" message at the end of the prodedure. But the power + volume up combination does NOT get me into recovery mode. Even if, as many have suggested, I continue holding the button combination until the logo screen displays a second or a third time.

I have been without my Note for a full week now, and I use it for everything. So, any help I can get would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

bro have you found the solution ?
14th June 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Boot into recovery
I had a similar issue but then realised that the instructions I had been following were slightly inaccurate i.e. hold down power and volume up...... what worked for me was hold down power and volume up, when logo comes up, release power but hold on to the volume.

lets know if you already tried that.
15th June 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #15  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisyn

I had a similar issue but then realised that the instructions I had been following were slightly inaccurate i.e. hold down power and volume up...... what worked for me was hold down power and volume up, when logo comes up, release power but hold on to the volume.

Thanks a lot for stupid it seams I did that and oala CWM XD.

Im resurrecting my tab from a hard brick so entering recovery is a greate deal for me a few ours ago i could only enter in download mode no at least i have a boot loop and recovery.

It´s factory reset and cache whipe time to get rid of the boot loop :P
16th June 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 80

667 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigofantino

Thanks a lot for stupid it seams I did that and oala CWM XD.

Im resurrecting my tab from a hard brick so entering recovery is a greate deal for me a few ours ago i could only enter in download mode no at least i have a boot loop and recovery.

It´s factory reset and cache whipe time to get rid of the boot loop :P

great ☺

Envoyé de mon GT-N8010 en utilisant Tapatalk
5th September 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #17  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisyn

i tried your way its shows green android logo with blue lines in centre and then next screen it shows is android lying down with its stomach open and red exclamation.

what does that mean >?
Yesterday, 01:35 PM   |  #18  

4 posts
Hi.

I'm having a similar issue wih my n8010

Im am unable to boot the tablet, its stuck on the samsung logo, and here it stays untill it runs out of battery.
I cannot enter recovery mode, it will not get past the samsung logo. (I have tried holding down the vollme up key and releasing the power key when the logo apears) Nothing works.
I am able to get into Download mode, and the tablet is also reconized by Odin, But when i try to flash a stock firmware downloaded from Sammobile, It right away sais Fail!
This is the output from Odin:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N8010XXUCMK2_N8010OXXCMK2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> tz.img
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> sboot.bin
<ID:0/005> FAIL!
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

On the tablet i get: SW REV. Invalid magic string

I have tried to flash a new recovery using Heimdall and that i can do with no errors, but i canot enter recovery mode.

Am i tryind to flash the wrong firmware fra Sammobile?

Hope that someone can help me to solve this.

NOTE: Before this went wrong i had CM 10.2 Nightly on the tablet, but could not play any videos, so i want to go back to stock. So i connected the tablet to odin and tried to flash the firmware from Sammobile, but it failed, and now, this is where im at.

EDIT: I got the problem solved.. I tried various stock roms from Sammobile, different countries and regions, ended up with a stockrom pointing at Netherlands even tho i live in Denmark, but that one flashed with no errors, and i was able to get past the "Samsung Galaxy 10.1 ) logo, but got stuck at the "Samsung" logo. But i was now able to enter revovery mode (Power + Vol Up) and do a full wipe and the reboot. Now everything works.

A littel bonus question i would like someone to help me understand. When i want to download a Stock Rom from Sammobile, what should i choose? I live in Denmark, but there is no option for that when i am to selct a download from Sammobile.
Another question, can i Select a 4.1.2 firmware and flash that on my Tablet, now that i have the 4.4.2 installed? I hate the new KitKat placement of buttons on the tablet.. Back button in the middle where you cant reach it with your thumb and the drop down menus are a pain.. i hate it.
Will i for example be able to flash this rom : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2119547
Or are there some problems with me having 4.4.2 now, and want to go back to 4.1.2?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by Jrod236; Today at 09:40 AM. Reason: Added another question

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread