[SOFTWARE] [GUIDE]***Odin Back To Stock*** Retail Verizon S5 Firmware Files and Root

25th September 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #181  
OP Senior Member
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 974

1,023 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaquack

One more question... Does anyone have any insight on the system status changing to Custom after the flashing the NI2 kernel? I started out flashing the NI2 tar. Then I flashed the NCG kernel and applied root. Throughout that whole process, the system status stays Official... Even after rebooting several times it still stays official. At that point I uninstall towelroot and wipe the cache. But when I flash the kernel back to NI2 the status changes to Custom. I get the same result if I repeat the whole process and flash the NI2 firmware instead of the kernel.

This is 100% normal after you root and modify the system. It will return to normal if you go back to stock and a reboot.
25th September 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #182  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

This is 100% normal after you root and modify the system. It will return to normal if you go back to stock and a reboot.

Thank you for the reply. I understand what it means and all that. I was just curious if there was a reason it changed to custom only after the NI2 kernel on the last step. And if there was a way to change it back.
25th September 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #183  
OP Senior Member
Flag Syracuse, NY

1,023 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaquack

Thank you for the reply. I understand what it means and all that. I was just curious if there was a reason it changed to custom only after the NI2 kernel on the last step. And if there was a way to change it back.

Sometimes it takes a couple roboots for the modifications to be detected, no biggie.
25th September 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #184  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

Sometimes it takes a couple roboots for the modifications to be detected, no biggie.

Thank you again for your reply. I appreciate all the help. It just seemed weird, and I guess I'm a little too OCD for my own good. Thanks again!
30th September 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #185  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Worked great!
Rooted my N12 and it worked great! Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to tech-ninja For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 02:14 AM   |  #186  
Thanks Meter: 13

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccrens

Can this process be used for a Verizon S5 already on NI2 (4.4.4)? The one I got, the tech updated before I could tell him not to, so it hasn't be rooted before. Can the same process be used using ODIN?

1. Flash the NCG Stock Kernel
3. Root using Towelroot
4. Flash the Ni2 Stock Kernel.

Has anyone done this to a 4.4.4 NI2 phone that was "pristine" from Verizon?

Ok... As others have said this works. I can now verify that following the steps will allow you to root a PRISTINE Verizon Galaxy S5 4.4.4 NI2.

I also add a couple things.
1. Install and set up Odin
2. Download all the correct files
3. Flash the NCG Stock Kernel
4. Root using Towelroot (I put this on my sd card along with Super SU). Run this from the sd card.
5. Install (side load) Super SU
6. Flash the Ni2 Stock Kernel.
7. Install Root Checker and run to check root.

Everything worked great. I then went on to install TIBU and other root needing apps.

Thanks to everyone.
Yesterday, 02:20 AM   |  #187  
OP Senior Member
Flag Syracuse, NY

1,023 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccrens

Ok... As others have said this works. I can now verify that following the steps will allow you to root a PRISTINE Verizon Galaxy S5 4.4.4 NI2.

I also add a couple things.
1. Install and set up Odin
2. Download all the correct files
3. Flash the NCG Stock Kernel
4. Root using Towelroot (I put this on my sd card along with Super SU). Run this from the sd card.
5. Install (side load) Super SU
6. Flash the Ni2 Stock Kernel.
7. Install Root Checker and run to check root.

Everything worked great. I then went on to install TIBU and other root needing apps.

Thanks to everyone.

I have clear directions in the OP for rooting NI2 that work fine with all the required files.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 01:36 PM   |  #188  
Thanks Meter: 3

64 posts
Links broken
Not to be a PITA,

but the links for the downloads do not appear to be working
The Following User Says Thank You to colklink14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 02:42 PM   |  #189  
OP Senior Member
Flag Syracuse, NY

1,023 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by colklink14

Not to be a PITA,

but the links for the downloads do not appear to be working

They are working fine now. AFH was probably down again, they went to a different website layout a few days ago so they are most likely ironing out some "wrinkles".

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S 5 General by ThreadRank