[ODIN][TAR] 4.4.4 I9505GUEUCNF3 Full Rooted Restore

Yesterday, 05:40 PM   |  #31  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,488

2,478 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chahk

He should be able to keep data if he takes a nandroid backup to SD Card before, flashes the stock via ODIN, then installs CMR, and does a restore. Neither nandroid nor CM include baseband or camera firmwares.

Yes, sure, that's fine. I meant more that he couldn't boot up with the data from CM on the standard stock image after flashing with ODIN. But your point is definitely accepted.
Yesterday, 08:15 PM   |  #32  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 162

1,259 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL

Yes, sure, that's fine. I meant more that he couldn't boot up with the data from CM on the standard stock image after flashing with ODIN. But your point is definitely accepted.

Oh yeah, flashing via ODIN definitely wipes everything in /system and /data. I guess he could use something like Titanium or "adb backup" to backup the apps, flash the I9505GUEUCNF3 image, log back in, and then restore apps one by one. More tedious, but doable. Some things are bound to be lost though like launcher widgets, personal dictionary, etc.
Yesterday, 08:35 PM   |  #33  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,488

2,478 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chahk

Oh yeah, flashing via ODIN definitely wipes everything in /system and /data. I guess he could use something like Titanium or "adb backup" to backup the apps, flash the I9505GUEUCNF3 image, log back in, and then restore apps one by one. More tedious, but doable. Some things are bound to be lost though like launcher widgets, personal dictionary, etc.

That was my point....my ODIN images do NOT wipe data so he'd have to do that before trying to boot it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread