[ROM][4.4.4][YP-G70] Carbon ROM For Galaxy Player 5 [METICULUS]

Search This thread

mac1996

Oct 28, 2013
Bloomingdale
Try flashing an earlier build of Carbon. Like, the first one on the download page, then flash this one. Or you could try to remove that line from the updater script...

I think I'll remove it for future builds...

I looked up on the web and followed the steps on the xda page FOR STATUS ERROR CODE: 7 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302599)[/B and now i am getting error code status 6..I cannot flash any roms and recovery somehow went back to cmw v6.0.2.8 from latest TWRP..I also tried to update recovery but everytime i reboot device it does not do anything...Pls help me:D

M

Meticulus

I looked up on the web and followed the steps on the xda page FOR STATUS ERROR CODE: 7 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302599)[/B and now i am getting error code status 6..I cannot flash any roms and recovery somehow went back to cmw v6.0.2.8 from latest TWRP..I also tried to update recovery but everytime i reboot device it does not do anything...Pls help me:D

If you have USA then flash this with Odin to go back to stock.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/hFJmoXTiba/YP-G70-UEKI8-Stock-USA-Meticul.html

mac1996

Oct 28, 2013
Bloomingdale
If you have USA then flash this with Odin to go back to stock.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/hFJmoXTiba/YP-G70-UEKI8-Stock-USA-Meticul.html[/QUOT

I didnt waited for your reply.? felling dumb..?I went back to 4.2.2==>4.3.1==>4.4 and then finally to your latest carbon build..
Your idea was better more time.. consuming..

The new update with double tap and sweep to wake are awesome..I missed them with HTC.Love the new update keep up the good work✌✌✌✌✌✌✌?????

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

M

Meticulus

Still having problems with the 4 shared sight to download this ROM, can you put it on the MEGA site like the other Carbon Roms?

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk

I have been having a lot of trouble with MEGA lately and that is why I uploaded to 4shared. I think I'm going to start uploading to AndroidFileHost.com . Mirror posted, check the download page ;)

friendlybiker

Jun 12, 2011
Very smooth, runs great do far, thanks Meticulus for setting up the other download mirror, great ROM!

friendlybiker

Jun 12, 2011
Seems like battery life is much better.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Been using the Camera Next on the yp-g70 and it's working very good.

mac1996

Oct 28, 2013
Bloomingdale
, I was using galaxy player lately as my daily player...I started having issues with YouTube..whenever I play video I just don't see anything(black screen), I can only hear sound from background..I tried to clearing defaults and cache..worked OK few times but it started causing same problem

friendlybiker

Jun 12, 2011
I heard on Twit TV that there were some bug issues with the ASOP browsers, I downloaded the ASOP browser installer from the Play Store, you must be rooted, and what a difference. Much faster and better.

Lomanic

Jul 25, 2013
Thank you @Meticulus for this awesome ROM, I came from CM 10.1, after flashing CM 10.2, the flashing process was clearly described on your blog and everything was successful. I found your ASCII art fun by the way !

ROM is fast, customization looks endless, lock screen and crt-off effect are indeed smoother as ever.

But I'm a bit disappointed by the apps included in the ROM : I could not find any music player (no Apollo), nor calendar app. I thought the last one was opensource and included in AOSP. I flashed the pico modular gapps because I did not wanted all the bells and whistles of Google + & co, just the Play Store. So, it's OK, I will just have to try another apps on the Google Play Store.

Also, I can confirm that FM radio works great with Spirit FM Free and these settings : Band -> World 200 KHz ; Audio -> Method -> Galaxy SL/i9003. This is a feature I wanted for a long time and I really appreciate your huge work @Meticulus ! Only problem is I don't have RDS info while listening, is our player's hardware compatible ?
I am really thinking of buying Spirit1 or Spirit2 (this would be my first app purchase ever), is Spirit2 compatible with our player ?

M

Meticulus

Thank you @Meticulus for this awesome ROM, I came from CM 10.1, after flashing CM 10.2, the flashing process was clearly described on your blog and everything was successful. I found your ASCII art fun by the way !

ROM is fast, customization looks endless, lock screen and crt-off effect are indeed smoother as ever.

But I'm a bit disappointed by the apps included in the ROM : I could not find any music player (no Apollo), nor calendar app. I thought the last one was opensource and included in AOSP. I flashed the pico modular gapps because I did not wanted all the bells and whistles of Google + & co, just the Play Store. So, it's OK, I will just have to try another apps on the Google Play Store.

Also, I can confirm that FM radio works great with Spirit FM Free and these settings : Band -> World 200 KHz ; Audio -> Method -> Galaxy SL/i9003. This is a feature I wanted for a long time and I really appreciate your huge work @Meticulus ! Only problem is I don't have RDS info while listening, is our player's hardware compatible ?
I am really thinking of buying Spirit1 or Spirit2 (this would be my first app purchase ever), is Spirit2 compatible with our player ?
Hmm... Calendar app should be there. I have it...[emoji6]

I can include Apollo if people want... There are so many good music players in the play store though...

RDS is digital meta data stuff right? Song titles and station Id...? Have to double check but don't think so...

Glad you like it...?

EDIT: Don't know about Spirit2. I'm contemplating writing a radio app for venturi myself but probably not soon...

Last edited:

Lomanic

Jul 25, 2013

I can include Apollo if people want... There are so many good music players in the play store though...

RDS is digital meta data stuff right? Song titles and station Id...? Have to double check but don't think so...

Glad you like it...?

EDIT: Don't know about Spirit2. I'm contemplating writing a radio app for venturi myself but probably not soon...

Thank you for your quick answer.

I don't think you should bother yourself including Apollo, it can be easily downloaded here and this is not included by stock Carbon ROMs. There are nice alternatives on the Store indeed.

Yes, RDS (for Radio Data System) and RT (Radio Text) are the texts displayed on your compatible radio receivers, it is mainly used for displaying station and song name. I remember on stock Android 2.3 with stock FM app we did not have it, but I could think this was a software issue. Nevertheless, reading the Wikipedia article shows me that the FM chip needs to listen to a subcarrier at 57KHz, which would not be physically possible with our chip (interesting schema). Also, if not hardware limited, I'm afraid we are perhaps highly dependent of binary blobs in the Broadcom BCM4329 chip driver, which is probably not opensource. Perhaps looking around the bcmon initiative would be interesting, I really don't know.

A dedicated FM radio app would be awesome (with a better UI than Spirit Free), but don't force you to do it, since there is the Spirit FM alternative that works quite well.

M

Meticulus

I don't think you should bother yourself including Apollo, it can be easily downloaded here and this is not included by stock Carbon ROMs. There are nice alternatives on the Store indeed.

Yes, RDS (for Radio Data System) and RT (Radio Text) are the texts displayed on your compatible radio receivers, it is mainly used for displaying station and song name. I remember on stock Android 2.3 with stock FM app we did not have it, but I could think this was a software issue. Nevertheless, reading the Wikipedia article shows me that the FM chip needs to listen to a subcarrier at 57KHz, which would not be physically possible with our chip (interesting schema). Also, if not hardware limited, I'm afraid we are perhaps highly dependent of binary blobs in the Broadcom BCM4329 chip driver, which is probably not opensource. Perhaps looking around the bcmon initiative would be interesting, I really don't know.

A dedicated FM radio app would be awesome (with a better UI than Spirit Free), but don't force you to do it, since there is the Spirit FM alternative that works quite well.

Just FYI, our radio chip is not Broadcom. It's Silicon Labs si4709 (http://www.silabs.com/products/audio/fmreceivers/pages/si470809.aspx).
I took a long look at this driver, just trying to learn and I thought It would be a good learning project to build a simple radio app for it. It as a simplistic driver interface, and does? appear to support RDS. Perhaps Spirit Free doesn't support RDS?:
https://github.com/Meticulus/nutell...s/media/radio/si4709/radio-si4709_main.c#L374

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Just FYI, our radio chip is not Broadcom. It's Silicon Labs si4709 (http://www.silabs.com/products/audio/fmreceivers/pages/si470809.aspx).
I took a long look at this driver, just trying to learn and I thought It would be a good learning project to build a simple radio app for it. It as a simplistic driver interface, and does? appear to support RDS. Perhaps Spirit Free doesn't support RDS?:
https://github.com/Meticulus/nutell...s/media/radio/si4709/radio-si4709_main.c#L374
Spirit do have rds support and works just fine with the si4709. It's only that, as you said, spirit free doesn't feature RDS.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Lomanic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I saw somewhere that there is some type of settings that turns on the nav. Lights if there is a notification..

There are Backlight Notifications. The option to enable them is under Settings, Performance, and then Advanced Settings(pull from left and select). The option to enable is the last one listed on that page. Hope this helps.

Glad you like it...?

Yes, it works for the CLock widget on the Launcher screens, but on other ROMS I have used it also appears on the Lock Screen - which is why it is under 'lock screen' options in the carbon fibres menu. On mine it doesn't display on the lock screen does it on yours?.

Ahh...I see what you mean now....You are correct....I see color fonts in the widget on the launcher screens, but the lockscreen widget is black and white....
    How do you enable transparency? I haven't found that setting yet - I'd like to give it a go...

It is located in the performance menu in settings. It sure makes everything look better!
    What a great ROM! I just installed it. Runs very smooth so far (although I haven't done much with it). This is really great work. A donation (admittedly small) is coming your way and a big Thanks for giving my old Player new life. :D