Post Reply

How is your battery life. Please discuss here

28th September 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #1721  
KJ's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 3,710
 
8,901 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushages

Anyone using BBM? It has the highest wakelocks. Just want to see how it's going with others.

It's always been like that. Not much you can do about it if you want to receive notifications.
28th September 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #1722  
mushages's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 436
 
866 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

It's always been like that. Not much you can do about it if you want to receive notifications.

Yeah but it eats battery like ....
28th September 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #1723  
KJ's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 3,710
 
8,901 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushages

Yeah but it eats battery like ....

I actually don't find a big difference with it installed or not. Yeah, there's lots of wakes, but very little awake time total.

I don't know why it's so poorly coded, most other similar apps don't have near as many wakes.

But it is what it is. You can greenify it , but won't get notifications.
29th September 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #1724  
Senior Member
Flag herzlia
Thanks Meter: 85
 
395 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
I never understood why bothering buy a crazy snartphone with crazy battery just to downclock i, never use wifi, 4g and usefull apps, but it's my opinions, anyhow my avrege is 2 days with 4:30-5 hrs screen time, I never passed the 5:30 hrs of screen tine, I never understood how ppl get this screen time without compromising on usage, I use ARHD 11.1 with stock kernel

Sent from my awesome htc one m8 using XDA Premium mobile app
30th September 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #1725  
kartoonz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Psynation
Thanks Meter: 20
 
241 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
guys please help me out here... I've had the phone for about 5 days now. I charge the battery overnigt and unlug it at 100%. However, by morning i loose about 6-7% battery to google play services. This happens even on extere power saver mode!! Yesterday night i manually turned off data and i lost only 3% battery, which was strange. I have gmail app and i have turned off its notification. But is there any other app or service related to google play services that i need to turn off? Other wise the phone's battery holds on pretty well during gaming and other day to day stuff. Help would be appreciated! Thanks
30th September 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #1726  
KJ's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 3,710
 
8,901 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartoonz

guys please help me out here... I've had the phone for about 5 days now. I charge the battery overnigt and unlug it at 100%. However, by morning i loose about 6-7% battery to google play services. This happens even on extere power saver mode!! Yesterday night i manually turned off data and i lost only 3% battery, which was strange. I have gmail app and i have turned off its notification. But is there any other app or service related to google play services that i need to turn off? Other wise the phone's battery holds on pretty well during gaming and other day to day stuff. Help would be appreciated! Thanks

That's really not bad. With data on, it could be your signal causing a bit of extra drain...or the apps using it.

Need useful screen shots from gsam or something. If you're rooted...get gsam root companion as well and show us the held awake time and times waking the device. Go from 100 to about 10 for meaningful stats. Or, if it's only standby bothering you....charge to 100 and unplug and go to bed. Take screen shots in the morning.

Really though, depending on your signal, apps using data and setup....your drain could be completely normal for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #1727  
kartoonz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Psynation
Thanks Meter: 20
 
241 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

That's really not bad. With data on, it could be your signal causing a bit of extra drain...or the apps using it.

Need useful screen shots from gsam or something. If you're rooted...get gsam root companion as well and show us the held awake time and times waking the device. Go from 100 to about 10 for meaningful stats. Or, if it's only standby bothering you....charge to 100 and unplug and go to bed. Take screen shots in the morning.

Really though, depending on your signal, apps using data and setup....your drain could be completely normal for you.

thank you! I will post fresh results by tomorrow along with the screen shots. Battery otherwise is great, just need to get this sorted
The Following User Says Thank You to kartoonz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #1728  
mohsinraza's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 276
 
698 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Excellent excellent battery life. 30m of gaming and youtube. Continuous whatsapp, social media, emails... About an hour of music via HTC music app.

Sent from my HTC One M8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1412113700515.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (95.4 KB, 107 views)
Yesterday, 10:17 PM   |  #1729  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartoonz

Yesterday night i manually turned off data and i lost only 3% battery, which was strange. I have gmail app and i have turned off its notification. But is there any other app or service related to google play services that i need to turn off? Other wise the phone's battery holds on pretty well during gaming and other day to day stuff. Help would be appreciated! Thanks

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rvicefix&hl=en

Other suggestions were to clear cache and data of the app.

You do not use WiFi? It would be a good comparison how much you lose between between wifi and data. I am assuming that you are using 4G/3G/LTE when you mentioned data.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsinraza

Excellent excellent battery life. 30m of gaming and youtube. Continuous whatsapp, social media, emails... About an hour of music via HTC music app.

Can you post your app sucker please. Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in One (M8) General by ThreadRank