Micro SD Card

OP KyleSforza

1st October 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 355

1,265 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1000

I have the Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB, the Ultra 128GB and Samsung Pro 64GB. Benched all three and the Ultra is definitely the slowest by a good margin. The Sandisk Extreme Plus was slightly quicker on reads than the Samsung (50Mbps read / 40 Mbps write) , but the Samsung was a bit quicker on writes (45Mbps read / 45 Mbps write). The Samsung seemed to be more consistent as well. This was using A1 SD Bench. Not going to swap out cards and run them all again so you'll just have to take my word for it.

The Sandisk Mobile Ultra(now Sandisk renames it to Ultra 200x) is definitely the slowest one and you can also see that from the price range, it is just a very cheap card. On the other hand, there is also a couple of models of Sandisk Mobile Extreme like 300x, 400x, 533x so it depends which one you are talking about. The Sandisk Extreme Plus I believe is the old name of 300x/400x/533x. There is also a Sandisk Mobile Extreme pro 633x now.

Furthermore, Sandisk usually used not only one production line and the speed usually is different.
1st October 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 215

547 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEndHK

The Sandisk Mobile Ultra(now Sandisk renames it to Ultra 200x) is definitely the slowest one and you can also see that from the price range, it is just a very cheap card. On the other hand, there is also a couple of models of Sandisk Mobile Extreme like 300x, 400x, 533x so it depends which one you are talking about. The Sandisk Extreme Plus I believe is the old name of 300x/400x/533x. There is also a Sandisk Mobile Extreme pro 633x now.

Furthermore, Sandisk usually used not only one production line and the speed usually is different.

Yeah they've gone through a few naming schemes and it's SUPER confusing. They DO now have a Extreme plus 64GB! They used to not have it. I believe they also had 2 different SKU's for Sandisk Extreme Plus cards, not sure what the difference was.

Very confusing.
1st October 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 6

106 posts
I have this item. http://www.lexar.com/microsd-633x

Lexar 64GB 633x microSD. It comes with a nice and small USB 3.0 reader on its own. I got 70MB/s read and 70MB/s write on computer with ATTO Benchmark, plugged in USB 3.0 port. Of course the speeds will be lower on Z2, compared to these. But it's still an amazing card.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread