[ROM][M7][KK][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 Official Nightly Builds

Search This thread

rafithegreat

Oct 10, 2010
ok, so since the latest snapshot and a couple of nightlies i have installed since then (namely yesterdays and last weeks), i have been getting random soft reboots every so often, usually once or twice a day. i can't seem to pin it down to what app is running in the background that may be causing this. have tried clearing data for google play, but then got another soft reboot just a few minutes ago..
to be honest, it's really driving me crazy as i am in for a stable ROM that doesn't soft boot on me during the day. it has also happened during a call, while using whatsapp and while writing a (very long) note in google keep that went to the trash...

Any ideas what could be causing this? options as to how to prevent it from recurring?

Thanks

lotte67890

Nov 9, 2012
ok, so since the latest snapshot and a couple of nightlies i have installed since then (namely yesterdays and last weeks), i have been getting random soft reboots every so often, usually once or twice a day. i can't seem to pin it down to what app is running in the background that may be causing this. have tried clearing data for google play, but then got another soft reboot just a few minutes ago..
to be honest, it's really driving me crazy as i am in for a stable ROM that doesn't soft boot on me during the day. it has also happened during a call, while using whatsapp and while writing a (very long) note in google keep that went to the trash...

Any ideas what could be causing this? options as to how to prevent it from recurring?

Thanks

Why not using snapshots?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011

Thanks
Not sure of the cause but if you can connect your phone via adb and reproduce it you might be able to get s logcat.

Barring that try doing a clean install with only the apps you absolutely need or no additional apps installed. Then you can reinstall one by one and monitor for a day after each app. I know that sounds like a lot but its probably the only way to know for sure without logs.

Another option is see if it happens in safe mode (long press reboot for cm).

rafithegreat

Oct 10, 2010
Have decided to wipe everything and install fresh for now. Will monitor and see if this makes any difference on 26/9 nightly. So far, 4 hours in, looking alright.

Floyd_Flivercod

Feb 10, 2013
Atlanta, Ga
www.linkedin.com
I've had a few reboots randomly also. Not near my computer to take a logcat unfortunately. Facebook & SalesForce both force close occasionally now in the last few builds also. If I can ever replicate and get a logcat I will.

Not sure of the cause but if you can connect your phone via adb and reproduce it you might be able to get s logcat.

Barring that try doing a clean install with only the apps you absolutely need or no additional apps installed. Then you can reinstall one by one and monitor for a day after each app. I know that sounds like a lot but its probably the only way to know for sure without logs.

Another option is see if it happens in safe mode (long press reboot for cm).

dc66

Mar 3, 2010
com.android.systemui has stopped

With today's nightly, I keep receiving the following error"Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped".
Re-installed the previous nightly.
Am I the only one with this error message?

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
Confirmed on bacon so its an issue with themes. The 10/1 nightly should be fine.

vxdesigns

Aug 16, 2009
A noob question, if I'm S-ON and HBoot is 1.57 and don't have root but unlocked my Bootloader via HTCDev, can I install this or any custom roms???

mwheeler1982

Dec 22, 2007
My m7vzw seems to be stuck in 3g mode. I'm running snapshot 10. I've tried to reflash to the stock ROM and updated the radio, but nothing seems to help.

The strange thing is that it will work perfectly fine with LTE if I go to Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Preferred Network Type, and choose "LTE". But, when that settings is in place, I can't make phone calls. If I change it back to "CDMA+LTE/EVDO", it goes straight into 3g mode. So, I don't think it's a problem with the radio being unable to use 4G, it seems more like a "preference" thing.

Any ideas?

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
My m7vzw seems to be stuck in 3g mode. I'm running snapshot 10. I've tried to reflash to the stock ROM and updated the radio, but nothing seems to help.

The strange thing is that it will work perfectly fine with LTE if I go to Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Preferred Network Type, and choose "LTE". But, when that settings is in place, I can't make phone calls. If I change it back to "CDMA+LTE/EVDO", it goes straight into 3g mode. So, I don't think it's a problem with the radio being unable to use 4G, it seems more like a "preference" thing.

Any ideas?

This is for the gsm m7 though still check that you have the right version for your device. So its an issue with stock or does stock not fix the issue for cm?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While I like the new interface, this is still garbage as long as something as basic as speaker phone remains so inexplicabley broken... People I'm speaking to over speaker phone are still complaining it sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel. Pretty impressive how this issue continues to be unadressed.

Wake me up at the next stop. I'll be on a working sense Rom...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Frankly if that's the attitude you have about Android development you should stay on stock because there's always the chance for something to break. Especially when you're talking Cyanogenmod nightlies. So take your bad attitude elsewhere it will not be missed.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Everyone:

Starting tomorrow the m7ul, m7tmo, m7att builds will no longer be updated. They are now (finally) commonized to "m7". Please keep that in mind going forward.

Thanks,
    -h8rift
    Have just submitted my first patch. I have found little mistake in our amp code that made left channel not being played at all. Instead we had right channel played through two speakers.
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/57093/
    Hope it will be merged :)
    I'm thinking the microphone issue people are experiencing seems to be subjective, or I have a very high tolerance for bad quality audio.

I have not heard anything about the haptic feedback. What issue is this?

Proximity sensor performance seems to vary from device to device. Some people have reported that the sensor is basically non-functional, others have reported no issues.

I have not heard anything about memory management.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say CyanogenMod should have enough respect, but for me personally, I simply do not frequent XDA, nor do I plan to do so more than perhaps once or twice a month.
    You can file bug reports using JIRA (but only against stable and M builds), however those are also taken care of on an ad-hoc basis, subject to maintainer schedule.
    Easiest way to get into actual contact with people is to use IRC.
    Try the #cm-htc, or the main #cyanogenmod or #cyanogenmod-dev channels.

The speakerphone mic issue is subjective in the sense that people who rely on speakerphone say it's broken and those of us (like me) who rarely use it, except to listen to voice mail, say it works fine. My testing shows that only the rear microphone is used for speakerphone, so depending on how you hold the phone it's easy to cover the mic in a way that it doesn't pickup correctly and the remote party cannot hear you. It's flaky, at best.

Proximity sensor work fine on my device (screen goes off with my hand about 2" from the sensor), by I remember a bunch of tweaking on 10.2 because the correct values vary among devices and their sensitivity.

Haptic feedback does occasionally stutter since the switch to msm8960 kernel. I only have it enabled for hardware keys, but those that have it enabled for keyboard use notice the stutter more frequently.

Also, since msm8960 kernel the notification LED sometimes get stuck on solid amber vs flashing, unlocking the device gets it flashing again.

As for support, until M5 the stable builds were based on m7 kernel, so it wasn't possible to report these msm8960 bugs on JIRA.

Also, I'd say that it would make sense to frequent XDA more often if you are a device maintainer because 99% of the casual CM users are going to come to these forums to report bugs and resolve issues, most will never open a bug on JIRA or hop on the IRC channel.

I agree with @sabret00the regarding the development model for CM, it has worked in the past but there's much room for improvement if CM wants to make a move to a widely used product. A wide tester base that includes many casual users is key, so there needs to be a (user friendly) mechanism for those users to report issues on incremental builds. Maybe that means abandoning nightlies for weekly builds that are more stable and feature targeted so that users can report issues.

Maybe an app built into CM to report issues directly from the device, uploading logcat and last_kmsg and other state that's helpful to debugging the issues.

We do appreciate the work you and other's have put into CM on m7 to bring it to this point, but I'm sure you can see the frustration that exists from long standing issues which are known to the user base but the maintainers aren't aware of or have the appearance of being ignored.
    Not just on the latest, but on every nightly so far, especially if you try setting a lower Max frequency.

Yup, I'm working on a fix. Hopefully will commit in the next couple days.