2nd September 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #111  
Flag Oaxaca
Thanks Meter: 7

224 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingels

Use the method of "sunshine"

I already did, I had to pay 25 dollars but I have s-off, I do not understand is that I could not with this new device if it is in theory as above.
16th September 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #112  
Flag new york city
Thanks Meter: 62

541 posts
More
hey i wasnt able to fastboot boot twrp it just booted to os i get the feeling i shouldnt flash it
hboot v3.18
30th September 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #113  
Flag Chicago Area
Thanks Meter: 5

148 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcanicSkunk

This guide is for the T-Mobile HTC One M8. Bootloader Version: 3.16.0.0000

So I have my M8 and am getting tired of stock already. So I think I'm getting close to rooting this puppy. I do have one question before I continue however.

Can someone please explain why we should choose "All Other Supported Models" on HTC's Unlock Bootloader page and not our actual phone? I see it's listed and just don't understand why we wouldn't choose the correct option.

Also, I've been using Cyanogenmod on my other rooted devices. Anyone have feedback on that with this phone? Is there a ROM that might work better or is more highly recommended with this device?
Last edited by ned4spd8874; 30th September 2014 at 07:25 PM.
Today, 12:54 AM   |  #114  
Thanks Meter: 30

68 posts
More
Ok so let me get this straight...
I have a M8 Tmo and the HBOOT is 3.18.0.000 the HBOOT required to make use of this thread is 3.16.0.0000 and from googling it seems the only way to achieve s-off is to purchase Sunshine http://theroot.ninja/ $25
Is there no other way? I just asking for my sake and anyone else that might be concern as there's no indication in OP about it.
Today, 02:23 AM   |  #115  
Flag Chicago Area
Thanks Meter: 5

148 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardfingers

Ok so let me get this straight...
I have a M8 Tmo and the HBOOT is 3.18.0.000 the HBOOT required to make use of this thread is 3.16.0.0000 and from googling it seems the only way to achieve s-off is to purchase Sunshine http://theroot.ninja/ $25
Is there no other way? I just asking for my sake and anyone else that might be concern as there's no indication in OP about it.

I just got this phone from Tmo as well and although I haven't rooted it yet, yes, this is what I have found in preparation. Sunshine is the only way for us.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread