[RECOVERY][m8whl] TWRP 2.8.0.1 touch recovery [2014-09-12]

17th June 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #31  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 319

919 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOuser94

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jc7pubpvu0...MG-2.7.1.0.zip Bootloader Flashable Official 2.7.1.0 Recovery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0r66i3gdp...2.7.1.0-hk.zip Bootloader Flashable Harmon/Kardon

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Flashed the first one, and when booting to recovery, the team win screen just blinked at me.

I'm on bad boys rom, with the non h/k device though. Should I have used the h/k zip?

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app
17th June 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #32  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 319

919 posts
More
Never mind. I am potato.

Forgot that I also tried to apply dazedandconfused wicked theme. Deleted the theme folded, and it booted to recovery no problem.

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to djjroc007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 48

256 posts
awesome thanks .... I've been on 2.702 since unlocked with all in tool kit and kept getting fails and wrong CID when trying latest. I didn't know it was different for HK so this went flawlessly thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to flewpastu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #34  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 9,586

10,833 posts
Donate to Me
More
There's a new official version, and I really think you'll like it .

http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m8_whl
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 10:03 AM   |  #35  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 178

382 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

make that 2 new versions (only assuming here) but based off your post date 2.8.0.2 was just released then. Well now there is 2.8.0.3!!

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Just a heads up to everyone... I've never had this happen before when updating twrp but I just went from 2.8.0.1 to 2.8.0.3 using fastboot flash recovery xxxx and my /sdcard path was wiped... all of me media. Fortunatelyj I had just wiped that moments before I updated twrp but I had pushed a couple zips to /sdcard before I did the update to 2.8.0.3.

So just a heads up...

But i do find this very strange since I have done this many times before and never had that happen and since its very late here perhaps i accidentally wiped the data myself... I know oi didnt wipe it via adb or fastboot but maybe a fat finger... but I am almost positive I didnt, I just updated to 2.8.0.3 as I normally do.

Anyone else willing to double check this? I added a zip to the root of /sdcard and reflashed 2.8.0.3 and it did not wipe but I am wondering if it did it cause i was updating from an older version before (the first time)
Yesterday, 01:21 PM   |  #36  
Flag Bensalem, PA

10,833 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deakelem

make that 2 new versions (only assuming here) but based off your post date 2.8.0.2 was just released then. Well now there is 2.8.0.3!!

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Just a heads up to everyone... I've never had this happen before when updating twrp but I just went from 2.8.0.1 to 2.8.0.3 using fastboot flash recovery xxxx and my /sdcard path was wiped... all of me media. Fortunatelyj I had just wiped that moments before I updated twrp but I had pushed a couple zips to /sdcard before I did the update to 2.8.0.3.

So just a heads up...

But i do find this very strange since I have done this many times before and never had that happen and since its very late here perhaps i accidentally wiped the data myself... I know oi didnt wipe it via adb or fastboot but maybe a fat finger... but I am almost positive I didnt, I just updated to 2.8.0.3 as I normally do.

Anyone else willing to double check this? I added a zip to the root of /sdcard and reflashed 2.8.0.3 and it did not wipe but I am wondering if it did it cause i was updating from an older version before (the first time)

Fastboot flashing a recovery cannot wipe your internal storage. Something else happened that you must be forgetting.

EDIT: If you had just wiped before then it's possible you wiped internal storage instead of something else, as the partitions may be in different places on the wipe screen then you're used to. Make sure you read the boxes before swiping to wipe.
Last edited by Captain_Throwback; Yesterday at 01:24 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 12:27 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 1,980

2,391 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

@Captain_Throwback, will you be posting CT version of this recovery? If not ill just stay with what im running now
Today, 12:57 PM   |  #38  
Flag Bensalem, PA

10,833 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlzanej

@Captain_Throwback, will you be posting CT version of this recovery? If not ill just stay with what im running now

The new official version merged my device tree, so it's essentially similar to mine. Going forward, my builds will be discontinued (besides the MultiROM version).

The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread