MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Cast XBMC from Computer over Chromecast through Avia Player to TV

OP vibajajo64

21st March 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 19

49 posts
You are saying you downloaded the file manager and you have no android folder?
21st March 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #12  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 193

393 posts
More
Regular XBMC on PC and Yatse on your phone/tablet is a great combo. Yatse has a cast plugin to send media from XBMC to your Chromecast.

Sent from my Nexus 4
21st March 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Do you know if live TV casting works for xbmc to chromecast?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
21st March 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #14  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 193

393 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hershsa

Do you know if live TV casting works for xbmc to chromecast?

Not sure, I don't have that set-up on my XBMC.

Sent from my Nexus 4
21st March 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 313

1,843 posts
Channels (last I checked) do not currently work and I would suspect that the PVR aspects of XBMC might not either.

Might work to Android local but not to CCast unless of course that content is served in a CCast compatible format. I do not have a PVR setup either so I can not confirm or deny either way what it does.

I did not see any mention of PVR in the app when I tested it.
31st March 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #16  

5 posts
Thumbs up Avia Question
Hi experts

I have a question. will avia work on 12.3 xbmc version. i tried it is not working. But it is working on 13.XXXX version. i want Avia to work on 12.3 version. if you have answer pls reply to this post.
2nd April 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
How to Connect to Chromecast Dongle from within Bluestacks?
Could the OP or anyone else please explain how to get Chromecast compatible apps to work from within Bluestacks? Does this XBMC process (particularly Steps 6-7.) not rely on the Chromecast android app to connect? Whenever I launch the Chromecast app within Bluestacks it can't find my Chromecast dongle even though both devices are on the same network. Is there another way to get apps like XBMC, HBOGO etc to recognize the Chromecast on the network and show the cast button in the apps? I'd like to use Bluestacks to cast from compatible apps but I'm not seeing how this is possible without being able first to connect the Chromecast app to the dongle.Thanks in advance for any help folks can provide.
Last edited by myecomemail; 3rd April 2014 at 04:48 AM.
10th May 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myecomemail

Could the OP or anyone else please explain how to get Chromecast compatible apps to work from within Bluestacks? Does this XBMC process (particularly Steps 6-7.) not rely on the Chromecast android app to connect? Whenever I launch the Chromecast app within Bluestacks it can't find my Chromecast dongle even though both devices are on the same network. Is there another way to get apps like XBMC, HBOGO etc to recognize the Chromecast on the network and show the cast button in the apps? I'd like to use Bluestacks to cast from compatible apps but I'm not seeing how this is possible without being able first to connect the Chromecast app to the dongle.Thanks in advance for any help folks can provide.

Im having the same problem, has there been a solution to this?

I've downloaded the chromecast app on bluestack but i get the message "no chromecast found on bluestack" it seems it not searching my network which has two chromecast on

I've used bubbleupnp which finds my chromecast but whenever i try to cast anything nothing happens (ive used same links on my phone no problem at all)

any help would be appreciated

Thank you
10th May 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #19  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nij999

Im having the same problem, has there been a solution to this?

I've downloaded the chromecast app on bluestack but i get the message "no chromecast found on bluestack" it seems it not searching my network which has two chromecast on

I've used bubbleupnp which finds my chromecast but whenever i try to cast anything nothing happens (ive used same links on my phone no problem at all)

any help would be appreciated

Thank you

I'm in the same boat, I am trying to get the BT Sport app to cast from Bluestack. I think it's because a virtual network. Hope there is a work around. This is for my Dad who doesn't have a smart phone, and BT of course don't have a cast option from the website, unlike everyone else. Shoddy BT.
2nd October 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #20  

6 posts
Choose between external players
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx

Not possible yet and when I suggested this feature over at XBMC I got the lame answer
"We already support DLNA and UPnP why do we need to support yet another protocol...."

I do believe there are some XBMC apps that will let you send to DLNA targets so I suppose once someone creates an app that will make CCast into a DLNA target or Google adds a DLNA Renderer to the default screen you won't see this functionality from the XBMC crew.

Although Maybe Gotham release (whenever that happens) will change things.

Hi Asphy,

I was wondering if you can give me a hint to solve my problem.
I'm able to cast my XBMC 13.2 Gotham to TV using both AVIA and LocalCast apps. I use single playercorefactory.xml file in XBMC's user data directory, and every time I wanna switch between the two apps (Avia or LocalCast) I just open up the playercorefactory.xml file and change the following line at the end of the code:
for Avia
<rule video="true" player="Avia"/>
for LcalCast
<rule video="true" player="LocalCast"/>

So, I was wondering if there is anyway to get the option to choose between the two apps inside XBMC, so I dont need to change the XML file every time I want to switch between the two apps. I tried long pressing on the links in XBMC to see if "play using" menu pops out... but this didn't work.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread