Post Reply

[TUT]How To Change The Battery Icon On Stock Xperia KitKat..UPDATED!!

OP Ticklefish

26th September 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #141  
Ticklefish's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 3,567
 
4,021 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddhesh Sapre

HEY BRO Here it is..the screen shot:http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/82268177/file.html
And bro I tolf 4.2.2 icon because it also has the battery percentage mod in stock 4.2.2 right(i wanted to say that if it's from 4.2.2 you can get battery % ,but if its from 4.1.2, you may not get battery %)

If you want text next to the icon, use that mod I linked to in my previous post.

If you're looking to port the whole battery icon code from 4.2.2. to 4.4.4, so that you can turn the battery text on and off in the settings app, I'd have no idea how to do that. That'd be a much bigger job.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #142  
Senior Member
Flag Thane
Thanks Meter: 22
 
132 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

If you want text next to the icon, use that mod I linked to in my previous post.

If you're looking to port the whole battery icon code from 4.2.2. to 4.4.4, so that you can turn the battery text on and off in the settings app, I'd have no idea how to do that. That'd be a much bigger job.

Thank you bro for your kind help.I will do as you instructed to in the earlier post.
Can I post in this thread if i find anything difficult bro?Actually I am a Biology student...but kind of Tech Crazy...and have a little bit of knowledge in android...but I don't know actually how to complie/decompile or code/decode or write a programme.
You helped a lot however,Thank you very much bro!
Sidd
26th September 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #143  
Ticklefish's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 3,567
 
4,021 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddhesh Sapre

Thank you bro for your kind help.I will do as you instructed to in the earlier post.
Can I post in this thread if i find anything difficult bro?Actually I am a Biology student...but kind of Tech Crazy...and have a little bit of knowledge in android...but I don't know actually how to complie/decompile or code/decode or write a programme.
You helped a lot however,Thank you very much bro!
Sidd

I'm always happy to help.

If you have any questions about XML, I have a thread dedicated to XML modding here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1767593

As for compiling and decompiling, I suggest using Tickle My Android, which you can find here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1633333
There's a good collection of regular users there who can help with any de/recompiling issues. And I pop in from time to time as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th September 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #144  
Oohhlala's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
422 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

This zip isn't working. I just get an error about an 'unexpected end of archive'.

Is it possible you could just link to the thread where you got your SystemUI.apk from? All I want to do is see a screenshot of it so I can work out what type of battery icon it's using..

i'm sorry i dont know why the zip not working. Im using this ROm
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2696405
27th September 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #145  
Ryo Kun(Momo)'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
@Ticklefish can you make tutorial change battery icon on legacy xperia cm11? Thanks
27th September 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #146  
Ticklefish's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 3,567
 
4,021 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohhlala

i'm sorry i dont know why the zip not working. Im using this ROm
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2696405

Screenshots not working...sigh..

I'm downloading the rom now. Watch this space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Kun(Momo)

@Ticklefish can you make tutorial change battery icon on legacy xperia cm11? Thanks

No...because I don't know how. We tried working out the battery icon on OmniRom about a month ago on this thread, and didn't have any luck.

Xperia KitKat is relatively easy because Sony still use images but CM11 uses pure code to generate its battery icon and that's a lot harder to work out.

Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th September 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #147  
krzycho26's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sopot
Thanks Meter: 140
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Thumbs up
Hi,

With the help of a colleague Ticklefish managed to create an animation for Sony Xperia M2 [2303].
Maybe not the best quality video, but Seeing what's going on.

TICKLEFISH - you are a good guy -- http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa396/krzycho4/Nowy%20Album/podziw_zpsa2e34311.gif thanks!



Ticklefish thank you - for helping in the proper placing a link from YT


man learns whole life.....
Last edited by krzycho26; 27th September 2014 at 04:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to krzycho26 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th September 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #148  
Ticklefish's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 3,567
 
4,021 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohhlala

Bro im using 4.3 firmware on Tx device with modified systemui from Z2, i like everything except battery icon. I like 4.3 stock icon than z2 style, one of reasons it can be themed. Could you tell me or help me how to bring back 4.3 battery to my systemui ( really 4.3 icon and text)

Your SystemUI is a ported Xperia KitKat apk so you can just use this tutorial to change the icon.

And use this tutorial by @Erhany for the battery text: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2356012
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th September 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #149  
Ticklefish's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 3,567
 
4,021 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzycho26

Hi,

With the help of a colleague Ticklefish managed to create an animation for Sony Xperia M2 [2303].
Maybe not the best quality video, but Seeing what's going on.

TICKLEFISH - you are a good guy -- http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa396/krzycho4/Nowy%20Album/podziw_zpsa2e34311.gif thanks!



Ticklefish thank you - for helping in the proper placing a link from YT


man learns whole life.....

Looking good!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #150  
krzycho26's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sopot
Thanks Meter: 140
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Red face
Hello,
I decided to modify some animations. The following result of modifications:



Changes are in the files "somc_sys_battery" and "somc_sys_charging"
In addition to this I had after replacing SystemUI.apk modernized, remove SystemUI.odex then moved animations. .
Of course, you need to override all the files that showed fellow Ticklefish in one post - this is very important for proper operation
Here are ready files "somc_sys_battery" and "somc_sys_charging" -->https://db.tt/s5elJ76d
And what png files, it depends on your taste
It must be remembered in every file must they be 100 pieces

If you do everything according to the tutorial Ticklefish - there should be no problems

The Following User Says Thank You to krzycho26 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4, battery, kitkat, tutorial, xperia
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sony Cross-Device Development General by ThreadRank