OP Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,246

2,810 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3mn3y

I understand that as z1 one pimped kernel wont be (probably) uodated u wont continue porting?
I dont see need for anything as this kernel works fine and have so many features that i cant count all of them and of course i dont ask for any uodate informations as everything is fine (for now ofc)

Edit: no need for answer i read your last post in z1 thread

Sent using TF300T - CyanogenMod 11.0/GEASS (F2FS)

As I said in the Z1 thread, The only updates that I'll probably do to this is merge in CM11 updates, but I will try and keep it going for as long as I can - I'm not a kernel developer that's for sure.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #192  
Flag Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thanks Meter: 312

274 posts
More
Disable dt2w
Testing the kernel with the newest Carbon build (which is excellent, but will give proper feedback later in the respective thread). So far very good performance and didn't find any bugs, but will test more.

Just one thing: how can I disable the doubletap2wake? There's nothing in /sys anymore (searched for *dt*, *double*, *tap*, *wake*). I don't really care for this feature, since it's not 100% realiable, and I suspect it drains the battery a little faster. If it's impossible to disable at runtime... Can I ask for a version without this feature?

Thanks!
13th September 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #193  
OP Senior Member

2,810 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbolivar

Testing the kernel with the newest Carbon build (which is excellent, but will give proper feedback later in the respective thread). So far very good performance and didn't find any bugs, but will test more.

Just one thing: how can I disable the doubletap2wake? There's nothing in /sys anymore (searched for *dt*, *double*, *tap*, *wake*). I don't really care for this feature, since it's not 100% realiable, and I suspect it drains the battery a little faster. If it's impossible to disable at runtime... Can I ask for a version without this feature?

Thanks!

From the carbon thread:
Quote:

Disable DT2W:
In terminal write: su -c "echo 0 > /sys/android_dt2w/dt2w_active"

After reboot DT2W will be activated again. If you want to make it disabled by default add the above init.d script!

or did I take that out to rewrite it??? I think I did...

Yes I removed almost all of what reaper61616 had written when they threw their toys out of the pram when someone used their GPL code within the rules of the copyright, I should just include it as it was/is available in the nexus kernels by showp1984.

I don't think it uses much power at all, my test device (broken sim reader) can have 20+ days uptime with it enabled
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #194  
Flag Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thanks Meter: 312

274 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

Yes I removed almost all of what reaper61616 had written when they threw their toys out of the pram when someone used their GPL code within the rules of the copyright, I should just include it as it was/is available in the nexus kernels by showp1984.

I don't think it uses much power at all, my test device (broken sim reader) can have 20+ days uptime with it enabled

OK thanks, in fact since I couldn't turn it on and off, I can't tell for sure if it's really draining the battery. I just noticed a slightly higher consumption, but it can be anything kernel-related (governor, I/O scheduler etc.).

Just one thing that's still there: impossible to turn off the device, it just reboots. I don't recall if there is any workaround for it, is there?
13th September 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #195  
OP Senior Member

2,810 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbolivar

OK thanks, in fact since I couldn't turn it on and off, I can't tell for sure if it's really draining the battery. I just noticed a slightly higher consumption, but it can be anything kernel-related (governor, I/O scheduler etc.).

Just one thing that's still there: impossible to turn off the device, it just reboots. I don't recall if there is any workaround for it, is there?

I think it was fixed in the last Z1 release, but I merged in the 4.4.4 kernel before Androguide.fr had on the Z1 so I haven't picked up that fix. I should rebase to his release
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #196  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 54

423 posts
More
working well with the latest Carbon ROM (as of this post)

no obvious issues that i've come across from my daily usage the past week
2nd October 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #197  
Flag Khabarovsk
Thanks Meter: 37

127 posts
More
The camera ceased to work at CyanogenMod11 after installation of PIMPED Kernel. Tell there is FIX the correcting this BUG?
The question is removed. I solved a problem installation of other version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-03-03-24-01.png
Views:	124
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	2957790  
Last edited by Feodorus 4PDA; 2nd October 2014 at 06:50 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread