Genuine wireless charging back

OP bnathan

23rd September 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #751  
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1040

I registered my phone with Samsung.com but did not receive a 50% code. What steps do I follow to receive the 50% off coupon.

Thanks
Steve

All I had to do was register my S5 to my existing Samsung.com account. I got an email with the discount code within a day. As another poster mentioned, it may be open only to US residents.
25th September 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #752  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
wireless charging for stock phone back
Use mine with a cheap wireless charger off e bay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wireless charger.JPG - [Click for QR Code] (55.8 KB, 189 views)
25th September 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #753  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
More
Qi wireless charging gear for the S5 seems to be difficult to find in Australia for some reason. And where you can find it, it's hideously overpriced. Harvey Norman (sort of a Best Buy-type store) sell the Samsung charging pad for A$74 (US$65) and the S View charging cover for A$89 (US$78). No way.

I bought the genuine charging back (just the back, not the S View cover) because I was afraid of compromising the waterproofing by putting an aftermarket coil inside the stock back. The cheapest I found was on Amazon.com.

As for charging pads, I picked up a couple off eBay from China. They look a bit like hockey pucks and you can get them about five bucks a pop, and they do the job nicely. One sits on top of my computer and the other is plugged into the OEM charger by my bed. I don't have any problems positioning the phone on top - at least, not with the OEM charging back.
30th September 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #754  
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
darn im glad i found this thread!
2nd October 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #755  
Flag Des Moines, Iowa
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXTEXX

Use mine with a cheap wireless charger off e bay.

I still don't trust that those cards, no matter how thin, don't affect the waterproof seal.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread