Review of Jabra ROX wireless bluetooth stereo earbuds w/lots of pics!!!

OP vectron

24th May 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 31

223 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

Yeah, most of these sports bluetooth headsets have battery checking functionality when you press one of the volume buttons, it tells you high/med/low level of battery, Plantronics app was a bit more precise, but also keep in mind BBG2 battery capacity is less than ROX and BBX, so you might have to check it more often ROX has a really good bass, as a matter of fact I'm only referring to EQing the sound in order to reduce some bass and bring up upper mids/treble to brighten the sound to a more "audiophile" level. By default without EQ, you will get bass in your face! From what you are saying, sounds like ROX might be the one for you, as long as you have low expectations about phone call quality using those

Got my pair, and yes the music sounds great! Haven't tried it on calls yet, but that's minimal usage for me I think. Quite happy with these, thanks for your reviews vectron! Would not have gone for them otherwise, as the only quality bluetooth headset in my circles is the jaybird bluebuds x my brother has.
24th May 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,104

2,829 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoonee

Got my pair, and yes the music sounds great! Haven't tried it on calls yet, but that's minimal usage for me I think. Quite happy with these, thanks for your reviews vectron! Would not have gone for them otherwise, as the only quality bluetooth headset in my circles is the jaybird bluebuds x my brother has.

So what does your brother think of these?
24th May 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 31

223 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

So what does your brother think of these?

No complaints, and they do sound really good, with good battery life. Going to do an audio comparison test with him the next time we meet =)
6th August 2014, 11:56 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
Sorry but can i charge them with my samsung HM1500 power suply? or my Htc? samsung is 4,7v i think and Htc is 5v......what do you think?
16th September 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #35  
Flag not Moscow
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Originally Posted by MindfulSheep

The problem persists with both stock Sense and stock ViperOne rom. I'll continue to look for a solution, but my hopes aren't too high since I have already put a lot of effort into finding a fix.

Update: I believe I have found a solution, although not an ideal one. Using the secure settings plugin with Tasker, when the headphones connect, I have Tasker disconnect and then reconnect them with some waits thrown in. It seems that doing this, for some reason, forces the media audio to be established before phone audio, and this solves the issue, oddly enough. So far it's been working properly.

Hi, I think I have the same or at least the similar problem. Can you clarify for me what did you exactly do in Tasker to work it out. And how fast Jabra ROX fully connects to device with your solution?
Last edited by pat4005; 18th September 2014 at 12:00 PM.
2nd October 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #36  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 44

215 posts
More
Connection issues?
Hopefully this thread is still somewhat active.

Does anyone have issues getting these headphones to connect? I have the Moto X, all other BT speakers, headphones, and car stereos I've used pair and connect almost instantly. Except for the Rox.

When I turn them on, I'll look under BT settings and it'll be stuck on "Connecting..." for the Rox...until I power cycle the headphones and/or turn BT on/off on my phone until they finally connect. That or they'll connect and say "Connected (no media)". Really aggravating - I should have returned these immediately but now I think I'm pass the return period. The only thing ruining an otherwise great pair of headphones.
2nd October 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #37  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,104

2,829 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm753

Hopefully this thread is still somewhat active.

Does anyone have issues getting these headphones to connect? I have the Moto X, all other BT speakers, headphones, and car stereos I've used pair and connect almost instantly. Except for the Rox.

When I turn them on, I'll look under BT settings and it'll be stuck on "Connecting..." for the Rox...until I power cycle the headphones and/or turn BT on/off on my phone until they finally connect. That or they'll connect and say "Connected (no media)". Really aggravating - I should have returned these immediately but now I think I'm pass the return period. The only thing ruining an otherwise great pair of headphones.

Have you tried it with any other phones/tablets to see if you have the same problem? You still get a warranty from Jabra, so perhaps service it under warranty for a replacement. If it still doesn't work, could be something with your setup. In general, Moto X does thing their own way, you can't use any of the standard wired headphones with android controls since their implementation is different. But this is a wireless headset, doesn't matter which phone or Android/iOS, it should work. There could also be something with your BT connection. Un-pair (or turn off )everything and try to do a fresh pair up with ROX only.

The only gripe I have with these are those stupid magnets. You turn headphones off, magnets got attached, and if they come loose - headset turns itself back on and pairs up with your phone. Very annoying when you put these in a bag and have everything off, and they come loose inside and the next time someone calls your phone you can't understand why you can't not hear the person - headphones paired up without your knowledge inside of your bag lol!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread