FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Black screen loading camera, super slow opening camera

12th June 2014, 02:27 AM |#1  
mr mystery's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag East York
Thanks Meter: 107
 
More
Hey guys, having an issue with my camera. The camera loads to a black screen and and it very slow before the viewfinder shows anything. Sometimes 5 seconds or more. Its not always though. Sometimes its boom opened other times it lags. Anyone else see this or have a fix?


Thanks
 
 
12th September 2014, 05:48 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have exactly the same problem, though my screen is black for nearly 30 seconds. It could be coincidence but I only noticed the delay after switching to a 64gb SD - not that it should make a difference since the camera records to internal memory. Confused and frustrated
14th September 2014, 02:57 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCake

I have exactly the same problem, though my screen is black for nearly 30 seconds. It could be coincidence but I only noticed the delay after switching to a 64gb SD - not that it should make a difference since the camera records to internal memory. Confused and frustrated

It's your sd. I had same problem when my 64 g SanDisk was near its death .changed to a gskill now no problem.i too set location of record internal.
18th September 2014, 03:21 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
even after 108 (2nd edition) and a several tries with different microSD cards, my wife's Z1C still has issues with the camera. The only thing that fixes it for a while is clearing the cache for the Camera app.

If its not hanging, black screening, or rebooting - I effing give up. Can Sony ever get it right??
20th September 2014, 06:50 PM |#5  
aigaming's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 248
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah2k

even after 108 (2nd edition) and a several tries with different microSD cards, my wife's Z1C still has issues with the camera. The only thing that fixes it for a while is clearing the cache for the Camera app.

If its not hanging, black screening, or rebooting - I effing give up. Can Sony ever get it right??

On second update version(stock camera) mine has 0 problems and no more black screens
I'am using camera alot,and even child played with it for few hours(took around ~100 pic's) and no problems
21st September 2014, 12:40 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aigaming

On second update version(stock camera) mine has 0 problems and no more black screens
I'am using camera alot,and even child played with it for few hours(took around ~100 pic's) and no problems

I'm glad 2nd edition 108 fixed your Z1C. Wish it fixed ours....
2nd October 2014, 09:47 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
An update... The new card was corrupted. The replacement works fine, no delays
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes