Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Black screen loading camera, super slow opening camera

OP mr mystery

12th June 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag East York
Thanks Meter: 106

1,063 posts
More
Hey guys, having an issue with my camera. The camera loads to a black screen and and it very slow before the viewfinder shows anything. Sometimes 5 seconds or more. Its not always though. Sometimes its boom opened other times it lags. Anyone else see this or have a fix?

Thanks
12th September 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I have exactly the same problem, though my screen is black for nearly 30 seconds. It could be coincidence but I only noticed the delay after switching to a 64gb SD - not that it should make a difference since the camera records to internal memory. Confused and frustrated
14th September 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 137

905 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCake

I have exactly the same problem, though my screen is black for nearly 30 seconds. It could be coincidence but I only noticed the delay after switching to a 64gb SD - not that it should make a difference since the camera records to internal memory. Confused and frustrated

It's your sd. I had same problem when my 64 g SanDisk was near its death .changed to a gskill now no problem.i too set location of record internal.
18th September 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #4  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 88

1,034 posts
More
even after 108 (2nd edition) and a several tries with different microSD cards, my wife's Z1C still has issues with the camera. The only thing that fixes it for a while is clearing the cache for the Camera app.

If its not hanging, black screening, or rebooting - I effing give up. Can Sony ever get it right??
20th September 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #5  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 236

942 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah2k

even after 108 (2nd edition) and a several tries with different microSD cards, my wife's Z1C still has issues with the camera. The only thing that fixes it for a while is clearing the cache for the Camera app.

If its not hanging, black screening, or rebooting - I effing give up. Can Sony ever get it right??

On second update version(stock camera) mine has 0 problems and no more black screens
I'am using camera alot,and even child played with it for few hours(took around ~100 pic's) and no problems
21st September 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #6  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 88

1,034 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aigaming

On second update version(stock camera) mine has 0 problems and no more black screens
I'am using camera alot,and even child played with it for few hours(took around ~100 pic's) and no problems

I'm glad 2nd edition 108 fixed your Z1C. Wish it fixed ours....
2nd October 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
An update... The new card was corrupted. The replacement works fine, no delays

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread