OP umka83

23rd September 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XUNILI

Hi mates.

Some one, please upload this update 4.4.2 for download to any host. PLEASE. I cant download it via OTA, cuz I'am in Germany for a while.

THX, mates.

Hey. HTCsoku has a file with 4.4.2 and Sense 6 (ROM_M7_WLJ_K44_SENSE60_MR_KDDI_JP_4.05.973.1_rele ase_htcsoku) - am not sure how good it is.

HTCsoku reports that the OneSeg doesn't work, and a comment reports of a WiFi bug and the annoying notification about the sound being too loud appearing more frequently than it usually does for us One users. Apart from that it seems pretty good. Anyone else using this ROM with the Sense 6 in it? Be great to hear more about bugs, performance etc.
24th September 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Any of those Roms has Spanish??

TIA
2nd October 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
Thumbs up HTL22 4.4.2: rooted
Follow up for me:

I got my HTL22 back from AU after it went to HTC for a camera module replacement (bye bye to purple haze). They also replaced back plate, as is the case with many people who send it back. That's all fine. It came back with 4.4.2.

So, I bit the bullet and tried Sunshine: perfect (25 bucks in their bank - holy crap those guys must be able to retire now! Good for them, though. Jcase was really helpful on the IRC, too). Unlocked and s-off in no time. I then flashed TWRP 2.7.1.1 (look for openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-m7wlj). System reboot, swiped for root, then installed SU via TWRP at the end.... voila. One rooted 4.4.2 au HTC One.

I also solved the annoying emoji issue: AU in their "wisdom" had HTC in the KitKat update for Japan put in a file called AUemoji which seemed to take precedence over the Google emoji that I enjoyed in Hangouts (it was like the emoji tray in Hangouts was half Google, half the boring Unicode ones). Anyway, renamed that file to 'AUemojiOLD.ttf' or something, and that's all sweet, too.

Still trying to work out how my phone with no apps installed by me yet can go down 20% overnight, but hope I can fix that annoyance with a few CPU tweaks, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to androg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc j one, htc j one s-off, htl22, j one custom roms, m7_wlj
Previous Thread Next Thread