Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Oneplus One Australia thread

OP kuromusha38

27th September 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #41  
Flag Sint-Niklaas
Thanks Meter: 36

152 posts
More
Hi guys,

I'm going to Sydney with a working holiday visa the 26th of November for an unknown period off time. Depending on how I like the country

I sent back my previous Oneplus one because of the touchscreen issue and ordered a new one. Do allot off you experience ghost touches, swipes and unresponsive screen? I noticed It got worse in hotter countries I really do hope that this device will not have this problem since its going to be the only bit off technology I'm taking with me.

Also what provider has the best 4G coverage over the whole country? I use Mobile Vikings here in Belgium.
27th September 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #42  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 497

326 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacky.ddw

Hi guys,

I'm going to Sydney with a working holiday visa the 26th of November for an unknown period off time. Depending on how I like the country

I sent back my previous Oneplus one because of the touchscreen issue and ordered a new one. Do allot off you experience ghost touches, swipes and unresponsive screen? I noticed It got worse in hotter countries I really do hope that this device will not have this problem since its going to be the only bit off technology I'm taking with me.

Also what provider has the best 4G coverage over the whole country? I use Mobile Vikings here in Belgium.

I can't answer for Sydney coverage, but in Melbourne I find Optus is pretty good.

With regards to the touchscreen issue, it should be fixed in the upcoming OTA or if not, franco kernel seems to solve the problem for most people, including myself.

Have fun in Aus
27th September 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
I've had my opo for almost 2 months now, I had to switch from optus to telstra as i wasn't getting 3g where i live(Sunshine coast). The weird thing is if i'm in my house, i will only get 2g, yet with my nexus 4 i get 3g. And if i walk outside i get better reception on the opo lol. A friend also has the opo and hasn't had any issues with 4g or 3g in maryborough.
29th September 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #44  
Flag Sint-Niklaas
Thanks Meter: 36

152 posts
More
Yea I've heard that Telstra has best coverage before I think I'm going to take that. Thanks!

Yea my previous OPO was made 15/06 and it had huge touchscreen problems. When I was in Hungary or the south of France the thing would not work at all because of the warmer climate 30C to 37C.

But my friends there OPO's only came 2 months later and they don't have the problem at all. I thought they where just bluffing or typed really slow but I tested it myself.

So I waited for a while now in total 14 people I know have the device and of all of them only 3 had the problem they where all made before 15/07/2014 all the ones that came after where fine. So I sent mine back trough Paypal buyers protection and ordered a new one. I should have it tomorrow or the day after I think it was just a faulty batch and that the OTA will not solve anything for those people but I could be wrong tough.

I'm really curious what Aussie is going to be like 58 days left!
3rd October 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #45  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 7

47 posts
In suburban Sydney, you won't really have any issues with any of the carriers (aside from the occasional black spot). Being Sydney, it will be very well covered.

I'm on the Central Coast (about 100km north of the Sydney CBD), and I get good 4G with Optus. If they will put it up here, then Sydney will be golden.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread