Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Cm10.1 with wrong gapps

OP charminster

29th September 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Ive tried with micro sd before and it hasnt worked
The thing is that All of this stopped working after the update and the thing that i disliked the most was that when i was getting the update it said jb 4.2 gapps but proved wrong
30th September 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #12  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 131

405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charminster

Ive tried with micro sd before and it hasnt worked

You tried mounting the microSD with the proper Gapps, and copying it with CM's File Manager (to the internal disk to be picked up by CWM later)? Just being clear, and making sure you are not talking about trying to install a zip directly from the MicroSD with CWM (as mentioned, and ruled out before). Because these are two completely different things. Is the MicroSD readable at all on your device? Is it formatted properly (FAT32, or even Ext2/3/4, but not NTFS)?
30th September 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Can you explain the formatting stuff?
30th September 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #14  
Flag Halifax

405 posts
More
Quote:

Can you explain the formatting stuff?

Sure. Insert the microSD into your computer, and open up Windows Explorer. There will be a new drive that appears. Right click on that removable drive, and select Properties. Confirm the File System. If it is FAT32, you are okay. If it is NTFS, or exFAT, you will need to format (as the Infuse will not recognize these formats). Press Cancel.

Before beginning, make a backup of the MicroSD card, as we are going to wipe and start from scratch. Then, right click on the removable drive again (and only this drive, or you will cause damage to your computer) and select Format. Change the file system to FAT32. If this is not an option, find and download a disk utility that will (I'm not familiar with them, but google "removable storage format fat32 download" for one). Press start, and wait a few minutes. When done, you can reload your files on the drive (restore your backup), and try inserting it in your Infuse again.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by joel.maxuel; 30th September 2014 at 08:19 AM.
1st October 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
I followed all your steps bit the phone still doesnt read it i opened setting..storage..mount external sd
But it wasnt letting me and the same thing trying through recoveryCWM
1st October 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #16  
Flag Halifax

405 posts
More
Quote:

I followed all your steps bit the phone still doesnt read it i opened setting..storage..mount external sd
But it wasnt letting me and the same thing trying through recoveryCWM

Probably not, IIRC external SD did not work in CWM for the Infuse. But re-read post #10, what I'm suggesting is getting CWM to read the proper Gapps from the internal card, but placing it there with CyanogenMod's file manager.

Quote:

CM 10.1 comes with a file manager right? Download the 4.2 Gapps onto your mcroSD card, insert it into your device. Fire up the file manager. Copy the Gapps file from the external SD card to the internal card, root folder (where the offending Gapps lies). Reboot into ClockworkMod and wipe Dalvik and install the appropriate zip.

1st October 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
I cant get it there because i cant do anything with the sd card it doesnt show in file manager either
1st October 2014, 12:04 PM   |  #18  
Flag Halifax

405 posts
More
Quote:

I cant get it there because i cant do anything with the sd card it doesnt show in file manager either

Sorry, I misread your previous post. Thanks for the clarification. What are the details on the microSD card? Make, model, speed, capacity? If it is a 64+ GB card, it would spell problems as the Infuse was never rated for a capacity that large.
2nd October 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #19  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
It's a sandisk 16 gb
Sd card
Fat32
3rd October 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #20  
Flag Halifax

405 posts
More
No reason why the microSD won't work in the Infuse.

If you have a Bluetooth keyboard you can borrow - or try buying (not sure if it will connect) - but if you can get your hands on one, you could use that (never had to use one so I don't know how they connect) to download the right GApps package to your phone (via the built-in browser).

I'm curious as well, if the speech-to-text works. You could use google now search to find the gapps package ("okay google, xda developers") and browse to the right page. Of course you will need a unsecured network to attempt.

Other than that, unfortunately I'm out of ideas.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread