I would like to add wifi tether back to my phone, since I'm currently running 4.4 unrooted on my DNA.
My Droid DNA *isn't rooted* and I currently don't have any interest any ROMs or anything involving a full root. I very happy with stock at the moment and only miss the occasional WIFI tether. I have used FoxFi in the past and it currently doesn't support the droid DNA.
So what I'm thinking is just giving my phone temp root with weaksauce, and use a root access app like "WiFi Tether for Root Users" by Müller, Lemons, Buxton
* Install weaksauce + Super SU for root
* Install wifi tether app and use that
* Set wifi app to Generic WLAN 0 and check routing fix so it would tether correctly
* Use temp root and root app until foxfi comes out with DNA support
* uninstall super SU and weaksauce for it to be completely stock again
So would this work? Would root be removed if i just uninstall Super SU, then Weaksause? Has anyone used Weaksause on the Droid DNA? Is there something unstable with Weaksause, that makes it not practical for this? Is there a better wifi tether app for 4.4?
I can live without WIFI tether, but I thought this could be a handy trick to bring it back. If anyone has tried this or any of these steps, please let me know. Any help is appreciated, Thanks.