Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Z2, root, unlocking bootloader, DRM keys and Titanium Backup

OP [w]

10th June 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 31

166 posts
More
Just wanted to say to any users still undecided about unlocking bootlaoder and rooting

just do it

x-reality just oversaturates colours and drains battery to process every image, i find i like images with it off.
the z2 has a fantastic display and colour range without x-reality

DRM keys never used any of the sony content in my life, infact i rooted and first things i removed was sony social and 'whats new app' which just run in the background drianing battery and probably monitoring your usage to send ads...

Mirorr linking is one of those cool, but probably never use/ use once in a blue moon type feautre.

TLR

Unlock that boot loader, root it and start modifying the phone to your taste ( the main point of getting android?)
You lose nothing vital
17th June 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 36

162 posts
Reading thru this thread tells me that
1. Camera is working as it should
2. Xreality works

But do these still work?
1. Gracenote? I like downloading info and album arts for my music.
2. ClearAudio+
17th June 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 31

166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xarfrost

Reading thru this thread tells me that
1. Camera is working as it should
2. Xreality works

But do these still work?
1. Gracenote? I like downloading info and album arts for my music.
2. ClearAudio+

Thread is irrelvant now

Root exploit has been found so you dont need to unlock BL anymore

however you can now back up TA.img, unlock bootloader, install a custom rom and provided you use a stock kernel you can restore your TA
17th June 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 48

242 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsmth663

Thread is irrelvant now

Root exploit has been found so you dont need to unlock BL anymore

however you can now back up TA.img, unlock bootloader, install a custom rom and provided you use a stock kernel you can restore your TA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783750
The Following User Says Thank You to harrymason37 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd October 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #35  
Flag Eastcoast
Thanks Meter: 14

118 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am going to be new to owning a sony xperia z2 (first sony device i have ever owned) and I was reading and saw that the z3 was affected by unlocking the BL. (The camera quality in low light decreased)

so now after time has passed, I just want to ask if unlocking the BL on the z2 will at all effect the camera quality?

thanks for your time. sorry to ask this question again, the camera is very important for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

Oh let me add some details i missed

All xperia devices that have KK 4.4 are not affected by Unlocking your bootloader, its been proven quite alot here on XDA,

Unless sony treat a spesific device differently which may be the Z1 which i doubt because KK FW for xperias are very alike, just minor config differences and device spesifics aside the kernel

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

3rd October 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #36  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,443

3,293 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowhiteboi

I am going to be new to owning a sony xperia z2 (first sony device i have ever owned) and I was reading and saw that the z3 was affected by unlocking the BL. (The camera quality in low light decreased)

so now after time has passed, I just want to ask if unlocking the BL on the z2 will at all effect the camera quality?

thanks for your time. sorry to ask this question again, the camera is very important for me.

Z3 YES
Z2 No

Sony are able to protect things from being stolen on Z2 so nothing at all is lost from bootloader unlocking

I havent lost anything at all exept x-reality but that has never ever worked at all for me
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd October 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #37  
Flag Eastcoast
Thanks Meter: 14

118 posts
Donate to Me
More
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

Z3 YES
Z2 No

Sony are able to protect things from being stolen on Z2 so nothing at all is lost from bootloader unlocking

I havent lost anything at all exept x-reality but that has never ever worked at all for me

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread