[Q] UK D855 model overheating?

OP jusumgeezer

30th June 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

96 posts
Hi.
I've had the D855 model from 3UK since Thursday I am noticing that the phone gets very hot at the top on the back around the camera and button area. This is not even through particularly heavy use either. I've not ran games or watched any video on it yet. Whilst typing this post for example with no other apps open I can feel this area is really hot.
I've had other phones that have gotten warm after gaming etc. But this is bloody ridiculous
I have also just switched to ART & after the phone rebooted there was 200 apps to optimise & the handset was burning up.
Doesn't seem to be coming from the battery though which seems to be lower down.
Anyone else had this problem?
30th June 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

81 posts
More
I haven't had this issue at all, but I haven't loaded it up with a bunch of stuff yet. It sounds like you have a runaway program of some sort. I have used my phone for very long periods of time without interruption and haven't experienced any heat that's more than my Note 3. I'd unload everything and add things one at a time, or check your memory usage and see if you have anything that's taking far more than it should.
30th June 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,480

5,769 posts
Donate to Me
More
My phone gets warm in that area but nothing that has concerned me yet, but it's usually when I have had the screen on for a lengthy period of time.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
30th June 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 277

833 posts
brightness set at ?
30th June 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

96 posts
I've not really loaded it up with apps. Just google stuff, bbci player, Chromecast (not working) Im gonna try removing stuff & see if it makes any diference .Screen brightness is set to 40% auto brightness ticked.
Is there a recommended app to monitor rogue apps or wakelocks?
I've also just had it charging for about 2 hours on the official plug & its red hot again.
30th June 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 92

188 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusumgeezer

I've not really loaded it up with apps. Just google stuff, bbci player, Chromecast (not working) Im gonna try removing stuff & see if it makes any diference .Screen brightness is set to 40% auto brightness ticked.
Is there a recommended app to monitor rogue apps or wakelocks?
I've also just had it charging for about 2 hours on the official plug & its red hot again.

BetterBatteryStats is good to monitor wakelocks ect..... debloating you're phone should help a bit too, I made a list of things i've done away with if it helps you

Find it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2800293

sure there will be more than that that can be removed, hopefully others will test and contribute soon It should help you get a good start tho. Good Luck
17th September 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
Same issue but with US T-Mobile version
Quote:

Hi.
I've had the D855 model from 3UK since Thursday I am noticing that the phone gets very hot at the top on the back around the camera and button area. This is not even through particularly heavy use either. I've not ran games or watched any video on it yet. Whilst typing this post for example with no other apps open I can feel this area is really hot.
I've had other phones that have gotten warm after gaming etc. But this is bloody ridiculous
I have also just switched to ART & after the phone rebooted there was 200 apps to optimise & the handset was burning up.

Hello, I am having exactly the same issues you described. It happens just out of the blue. The phone starts getting superhot until the battery is drained. If I try to charge it, it does not get charged. It has happened to me randomly.

Did you find the cause for your troubles?
4th October 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #8  
Flag Vancouver BC
Thanks Meter: 0

109 posts
More
Quote:

Hi.

I've had this exact issue too ... and for those wondering just how hot it gets, it's in the rough area of "wtf" degrees. I've lost 85% of my battery in 3 hours. It normally happens when I'm not charging and on WiFi, but what I've noticed is that the 3G/4G/LTE (whatever radio connection I have at the time) starts turning on. Now if it was an App misbehaving, I doubt an App would have the ability to bypass WiFi and use the data connection.

I'm about to do a full wipe and see if that fixes it.
On Sept 10, it used 85% of the battery in 3 hours
Today, it used 54% in 3 hours

... and as I was writing this post, I noticed the damn thing rebooting itself. LG makes great hardware, but their software just sucks. Why won't they unlock the damn bootloaders so I can put CMMod on it or something that doesn't suck?
Last edited by copolii; 4th October 2014 at 02:02 AM. Reason: fixed picture links

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
heat, hot, overheating
Previous Thread Next Thread