SM-N900T Sevice Mode - Hidden Menu

OP toastido

22nd June 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 23

93 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

It's not clear what is going on. EARFCN refers to the LTE band (center) frequency. So the error implies that the phone isn't seeing a signal on LTE B3. Perhaps you are in a weak signal area or your phone may not be properly configured for LTE e.g. bad carrier config file, CSC not recognized, not unlocked, faulty radio alignment, carrier side issues. What does the *#0011# menu say about your LTE signal and what are your data speeds like?

It's a little surprising that the LTE app doesn't support your N3.. most Samsung phones including the S5 are supported. There are half a dozen similar apps though and one of the others will probably work for you. You should look into that, it will help you sort this out.

1800 Mhz (LTE band 3) is assigned to your carrier, so perhaps try it again in another locale. If you don't see an obvious cause for the issue you might want to try installing a different modem or open a support ticket with Mobitel.

on *#0011# menu there is nothing about LTE signals... I checked on other S2 4G LTE phone, its around 60-90Mbps speed from this carrier..

ya I saw a comment also that telling not supported by N900T some user.

ya i have to try in another location, well if I install different modem is it cause to bootloop or something?? if it do is there any rescue method??
And need another big help, please give me a modem file of N9005 that can install and try on my phone??
And tell me how to backup current modem file??

I have rooted my phone but I haven't install any CWM or TWRP or any other kernel except original ones..

see image.. my current firmware and baseband..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-22-20-36-21.png
Views:	646
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	2811822  
23rd June 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 551

1,890 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasadara

on *#0011# menu there is nothing about LTE signals... I checked on other S2 4G LTE phone, its around 60-90Mbps speed from this carrier..

ya I saw a comment also that telling not supported by N900T some user.

ya i have to try in another location, well if I install different modem is it cause to bootloop or something?? if it do is there any rescue method??
And need another big help, please give me a modem file of N9005 that can install and try on my phone??
And tell me how to backup current modem file??

I have rooted my phone but I haven't install any CWM or TWRP or any other kernel except original ones..

see image.. my current firmware and baseband..

Your N900T does not appear to be receiving a LTE signal. Which would neatly account for the EARFCN error and everything else. Why? Well, I already suggested a number of possibilities to investigate. It's probably a configuration error of some type. You should see if you can find another LTE app and open a Mobitel support ticket.

You could also try installing a different modem and /or upgrading your firmware. But be advised that if you don't do that properly you could create a warranty issue (Knox bit) or damage (brick) your phone. And you should always make a Nandroid (full backup) at the outset. I don't have time to teach you how to install modems, but there are myriad threads on the subject if you do some reading. The actual modem files should be in this thread.

I'd suggest pursuing a Mobitel ticket before updating modems though.

17th July 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #53  
Flag Cali, Colombia
Thanks Meter: 21

170 posts
More
A little questions
I have N900TUVUCNB4, I'm on 4.4.2. If I tick NV REBUILD

1. my phone gets region unlocked? e.g. can my phone works using non-tMo SIM ??
2. is IMEI intact after this procedure? so, my IMEI gets 000000000 ??
3. side-effects of the Nv rebuild?? in terms of stability

Thanks
25th July 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #54  
OP Senior Member
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 546

652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by padre629

A little questions
I have N900TUVUCNB4, I'm on 4.4.2. If I tick NV REBUILD

1. my phone gets region unlocked? e.g. can my phone works using non-tMo SIM ??
2. is IMEI intact after this procedure? so, my IMEI gets 000000000 ??
3. side-effects of the Nv rebuild?? in terms of stability

Thanks

1 - no
2 - this should not affect your imei.
3 - if anything, should be more stable.

I cannot guarantee anything, but based on mine and others experiences in this thread, the above is true.

Sent from my leanKernel 3.4 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF1) SM-N900T
The Following User Says Thank You to toastido For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 802

2,202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastido

All,

I noticed on the TMO version of the GN3, that we are very limited in our service mode options. Well, I'm proud to say I've managed to get to the ACTUAL main menu of the service mode, rather than the debug info only menu.

*** DO THESE STEPS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE.***
Here's the trick I used on 4.4.2 Stock:

1) Open Phone, go to the dialer.
2) Enter *#197328640# to enter the service mode. You will land at "DEBUG SCREEN"
3) Hit the menu key, select "Key Input" and in the Input Value box, enter Q (capital letter) and hit OK
4) Hit the menu key again, select "Key Input", and in the Input value box, enter 0000 (four zeros) and hit OK
5) Wait about 5-10 seconds, your service menu should change to "MAIN MENU":

Code:
MAIN MENU
[1] PROTOCOL STATE
[2] UE SETTINGS & INFO
[3] ETC
[4] DEBUG SCREEN(OPEN)
[5] OPERATOR(OPEN)

Hi, instead of following 5 steps above, please try the code *#27663368378# to get directly to the ServiceMode MAIN MENU (?)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vndnguyen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #56  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 36

232 posts
More
Anyone have any suggestions as to why doing an NVREBUILD would result in complete loss of data and LTE? Phone shows I have edge connection in the status bar, but its so slow that nothing works. I've done this before on my old S3, and it always did the trick in between flashes when gps got flaky. Any suggestions appreciated. Could be a coincidence that LTE just happened to go down by my home when I did the NV trick, but unlikely.

Fixed......had to go into *#2263# and select all bands on LTE, came back on instantly.
Last edited by siralsmooth; 16th August 2014 at 06:54 AM.
4th October 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #57  
Flag El Paso, Tx
Thanks Meter: 130

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastido

All,

I noticed on the TMO version of the GN3, that we are very limited in our service mode options. Well, I'm proud to say I've managed to get to the ACTUAL main menu of the service mode, rather than the debug info only menu.

*** DO THESE STEPS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE.***
Here's the trick I used on 4.4.2 Stock:

1) Open Phone, go to the dialer.
2) Enter *#197328640# to enter the service mode. You will land at "DEBUG SCREEN"
3) Hit the menu key, select "Key Input" and in the Input Value box, enter Q (capital letter) and hit OK
4) Hit the menu key again, select "Key Input", and in the Input value box, enter 0000 (four zeros) and hit OK
5) Wait about 5-10 seconds, your service menu should change to "MAIN MENU":

Code:
MAIN MENU
[1] PROTOCOL STATE
[2] UE SETTINGS & INFO
[3] ETC
[4] DEBUG SCREEN(OPEN)
[5] OPERATOR(OPEN)
Now I haven't messed around in here too much, but if you want to reset your modem and GPS (restore the factory NV values for the modem, which COULD help data dropouts, bad GPS fix, etc.), do the following:

1) Enter the MAIN MENU as described above
2) Select option 2 "UE SETTINGS & INFO"
3) Select option 1 "SETTING"
4) Select option 2 "SYSTEM"
5) Select option 3 "NV REBUILD"
6) Select option 3 "ALL"
7) It will tell you to reboot. Do it. Reboot will take slightly longer, but it will completely reset the modem, GPS, and IMS settings

I'm sure there's a lot more that can be done that would be useful in the main menu, but I'm not feeling like destroying my phone ATTM, so I'll let others chime in.

Hit Thanks if you found this useful!

Wow, after the DNF9 update on my SM-N900T my data speeds were very very bad, even had it replaced via warranty, new one arrived, after the same DNF9 update on the new device the data speeds were bad again.

OP this was very frustrating, but you saved my sanity. Doing the exact steps from your op fixed my issue. Can't thank you enough.

Now I have to figure out how to carrier unlock this without rooting or tripping Knox. I saw someone mention it in here but didn't see any follow up or instructions. Any takers?

Btw donation to OP when I get a chance later today.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to ggfb20 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n9005, note3 service mode, service mode, t-mobile
Previous Thread Next Thread