[Q] New S4 VE GT-I9515

Search This thread

Chetan Kaleeth

Sep 4, 2013
Jammu
I have rooted my Samsung Galaxy S4 gt i9515 in pursuit of gaining access to network locked simcard. My brother bought me this phone from Saudi Arabia. But here in India it is not allowing me to use any Indian carrier Sim card. Everytime i inserted an Indian carrier simcard it prompted with a message "network lockes simcard inserted" enter network lock code. I tried the region lock away app from Chainfire after rooting it to remove this region lock but got no result from all the risk i took and void my handset's warranty. Now i am thinking about flashing a custom rom on this hhandse. Although there are no official custom roms for this particular handset hence i am thinking of flashing wicked rom for Galaxy S4 gt i9505 because i rooted my gt i9515 using the root method for gt i9505.
So this phone is a good waste of money it someone purchass it from abroad.
I just want to know if it will solve my region Lock problem so that i may be able to use this piece of Samsung for good ?

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
I have rooted my Samsung Galaxy S4 gt i9515 in pursuit of gaining access to network locked simcard. My brother bought me this phone from Saudi Arabia. But here in India it is not allowing me to ................ ?

A phone from dubai to india has no warranty in india anyway. Until and unless youve shed extra bucks to get international warranty.

Press Thanks if I helped :)
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via XDA app.

Reactions: Chetan Kaleeth

Chetan Kaleeth

Sep 4, 2013
Jammu
Thanks for showing concern on my problem But would flashing wicked rom for Galaxy S4 or any other custom rom do any good ? Would i be able to use Indian carrier sim card in this phone after flashing custom rom ?

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Free mobile app

daveyaz

Nov 3, 2009
Hi every one ....

My friend sent me to israel SAM GT-I9515 and it keeps asking for pin code.

this phone was fully working back in romania .

i flashed branded isareli firmware and nothing changed.

is there a way to unlock it ???????

thanks

Last edited:

plasticpony51

Sep 23, 2014
Successfully rooted GT I9515 (S4 value edition)!
Searched long and was ready for a huge project to go through but at the end tried towelroot, installed supersu pro, busybox pro on my own and it was successfully.
any ideas?

OK I HAVE A QUE STION, I HAVE THE SAME SPECIAL EDITION S4 ...GOT IT IN AUGUST OF THIS YEAR AND I LIVE IN BREMEN GERMANY. TOWEL ROOT DID NOT WORK ON MY DEVICE. IT SAYS THAT MY DEVICE IS NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORTED!

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

i have rooted my samsung galaxy s4 gt i9515 in pursuit of gaining access to network locked simcard. My brother bought me this phone from saudi arabia. But here in india it is not allowing me to use any indian carrier sim card. Everytime i inserted an indian carrier simcard it prompted with a message "network lockes simcard inserted" enter network lock code. I tried the region lock away app from chainfire after rooting it to remove this region lock but got no result from all the risk i took and void my handset's warranty. Now i am thinking about flashing a custom rom on this hhandse. Although there are no official custom roms for this particular handset hence i am thinking of flashing wicked rom for galaxy s4 gt i9505 because i rooted my gt i9515 using the root method for gt i9505.
So this phone is a good waste of money it someone purchass it from abroad.
I just want to know if it will solve my region lock problem so that i may be able to use this piece of samsung for good ?

so ur trying to unlock it for india?
I mught be able to help....hold on ok?

phil2sat

Apr 8, 2014
Rätzlingen
Btw. it should be possible to repack the stock kk kernel to run with cm or slimkat

Is someone here who can do this, i have both kernels here. Slimkat and stock.

Thx
phil2sat

Reactions: Chetan Kaleeth

codexde

Aug 28, 2014
Question of the Wifi chipset

Hi,

have anybody the 9515 BLACK EDITION (not the Deep Black) and can tell me what Wifi Chipset is build-in - when possible an EU Model (so if they are different Chips in there)?

You can read-out the Chipset with Wi-Mark (from the google playstore).. at the end of the Test it shows the Chipset!

Last edited:

vipelp

Oct 25, 2014
Hello .
I have a german S4 black edition.
But this app does not show anything abou the chipset.

grA$

Oct 26, 2010
BUH
Root i9515

I just bought an Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition EU (i9515)

I tried towelroot but it say "no supported device"

Any ideea how to root.

Added screenshot with phone data.

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida

Any ideea how to root.

For towel root to work, you need a very old stock 4.4.2 kernel (probably the first) and then use towelroot and then again flash your firmware's kernel to gaim root access.

So basically it is now a tedious task, with little dev support and no stock kernel extracts.

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ? "

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Hello .

Use CPUZ. :)

Reactions: ke-ironman and grA$

grA$

Oct 26, 2010
BUH
Thx.

So no practical solution for the moment since CF-ROOT triggers counter ...

grA$

Oct 26, 2010
BUH
Still not work

I finally tried new method on my my Samsung S4 VE 9515 - Android 4.4.2 using SRS One Click Root version 4.7.

1) go to settings --> more --> about device and tap on Android Version 6 times till you get Developer Mode activated;
2) Install Samsung Drivers (or Kies and chose drivers only)
3) Activate USB debuging (in settings --> more --> developer options)
4) Download and install SRS One Click Root version 4.7.
5) Open SRS and click ROOT Device (Smart ROOT) -second button from top (don't worry your AV probably will say the program is dangerous - ignore )

Voila not rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 VE 9515

Last edited:
Reactions: ke-ironman

Roald1987

Nov 26, 2014
region problem?

I also rooted my wifes GTi9515 , only thing missing on the entire www is custom recovery for the gti9515 and compatible custom rom like cyanogen or any other?
I think the problem is that it is limited to certain regions i guess, like germany italy and the netherlands, but now we're stuck with a "new great version" of the galaxy s4 with bloated slow motion touchwiZ:crying: and a complaining wife , yelling my old samsung was betterrr!! Please help xda developers :p:good:

interglobalsapk

Nov 27, 2014
I finally tried new method on my my Samsung S4 VE 9515 - Android 4.4.2 using SRS One Click Root version 4.7.

1) go to settings --> more --> about device and tap on Android Version 6 times till you get Developer Mode activated;
2) Install Samsung Drivers (or Kies and chose drivers only)
3) Activate USB debuging (in settings --> more --> developer options)
4) Download and install SRS One Click Root version 4.7.
5) Open SRS and click ROOT Device (Smart ROOT) -second button from top (don't worry your AV probably will say the program is dangerous - ignore )

Voila not rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 VE 9515

i just bought Galaxy S4 VE Black Edition Model I9515 (LTE version). Its bought from Dubai. Now am using this in Pakistan. All the things working fine except i am facing problem to enable LTE option. In network mode i didnt find any selection for LTE. Even i am using 4G Enable Sim and in 4g coverage area. Its updated to current version of 4.4.2. Phone is not Rooted. Can anybody tell me how i can resolve this problem. I didnt find yet Rooting method for this model and also let me know if i can install ROM for different region on this phone to enable the LTE. Please help. I never flash rom in any mobile so i am new in this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-Autoroot for I9505 worked in I9515

Just for you to know, I just rooted my I9515 using the I9505 CF-Autoroot file. :good: It all ran quick and easy, as if they really were the same phone.
    thank you, I eagerly awaits your return to the test with your claver

I just paired my belkin bluetooth keyboard with my I9515 back to full stock (no root either), having no issues whatsoever.

Turned phone bluetooth on, pressed the keyboard pairing dedicated button, the phone identified it, gave me a pin, I entered the pin in the keyboard, and... voilà! It worked just perfect.

What happened when you tried pairing your keyboards? Has any message popped up? What makes you think it was a 4.4kk problem?
    progress

Hey Guys,, everybody who's following this forum or threads to manage rooting, custom recover and flash custom rom on their gti9515,, should go take a look at this forum:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768285&page=18
    Till now becauseof this threads i managed to root and put custom recovery on my samsung galaxy s4 value edition ,, and theyre now busy with building the most stable kernel that is possible for the i9515 .. so just got to wait a little more for that hopefully then it will be possible for me to put the unofficial cm 12 android lollipop for s4 on it :D:victory:
    big applause and thanks for the developers making this possible and giving us the possiblety to get the most out of our own purchased devices :victory:
    Rooting my i9515 was smooth using CF-autoroot (http autoroot.chainfire.eu).

I had the same rebooting problems. Symptoms: A short vibration, the Samsung logo showing like the normal boot sequence and after that all apps were killed/restarted. In other words, anything a full reboot would do. It happened several times per day, sometimes when using the phone, sometimes when it was just lying on my desk. It could even happen at the moment when I picked up an incoming call. It wasn't a very usuful phone like that.

Uninstalling all apps with "knox" in the name (about 6) and also "KLMS agent" which had the same icon, using Titanium backup Pro, seems to have resolved the issue. I have not had a spontaneous reboot since, for about a week now.

Thanks all for reporting; I wasn't sure whether the reboots were caused by rooting, but since multiple people reported the same symptoms it was quite clear.

Now just waiting for a proper recovery and ROM to arrive for this model (preferrably Cyanogenmod). From what I've seen reported, all ROMs up to now fail to make the touchscreen working (which is worse than constant reboots :)).

Any ideea how to root.

For towel root to work, you need a very old stock 4.4.2 kernel (probably the first) and then use towelroot and then again flash your firmware's kernel to gaim root access.

So basically it is now a tedious task, with little dev support and no stock kernel extracts.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Hello .

Use CPUZ. :)