Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] KFhd8.9 2nd gen died

OP carmocci

4th June 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Hi , I do apologies if this is a repeated thread. I am very new with KF. My friend gave his KF which the model says 3HT7G and I guess is the 2nd gen KFHD 8.9". This KF doesn't power on at all.I tryied to hold the power button for 20 sec. and nothing happened. Did it again and connect to the power and nothing happened. I connected to 2 different win 7 pcs one of them didn't recognised at all. The other ine says unknow device. Even unistall driver and use the driver which I found on this website didn't work at all. What I know is that my friend tryied to root it maybe with the wrong version (for 1st gen?). My question is , is there any chance to try to recover it ?
5th June 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #2  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610
 
2,231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmocci

Hi , I do apologies if this is a repeated thread. I am very new with KF. My friend gave his KF which the model says 3HT7G and I guess is the 2nd gen KFHD 8.9". This KF doesn't power on at all.I tryied to hold the power button for 20 sec. and nothing happened. Did it again and connect to the power and nothing happened. I connected to 2 different win 7 pcs one of them didn't recognised at all. The other ine says unknow device. Even unistall driver and use the driver which I found on this website didn't work at all. What I know is that my friend tryied to root it maybe with the wrong version (for 1st gen?). My question is , is there any chance to try to recover it ?

If he tried to use kindle fire utility on a kindlfe fire 8.9" then it is ruined, only way to recover from that is to solder a sdcard reader to the motherboard and reflash the bootloader from a linux os. I havent checked to see if that is definately the 8.9" model or not. Usually its hard bricked if it wont even power on.
5th June 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Thank you very much for your reply. Do you know where to find a guide about how to do that. Anyway it is a8.9"

I also saw that is possible to change the motherboard is that true?

Thanks again.
Last edited by carmocci; 5th June 2014 at 10:28 AM.
5th June 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #4  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610
 
2,231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmocci

Thank you very much for your reply. Do you know where to find a guide about how to do that. Anyway it is a8.9"

I also saw that is possible to change the motherboard is that true?

Thanks again.

You can replace the motherboard, but if you want any of your data back frist i suggest the other method. Lemme find a link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581124

i Don't remember if it has the instructions or not so lemme find the kf2 thread that has the instructions, The instructions are basically the same, only difference is that the pinouts for what to solder where are different and when you finally do get it working you have substitute the bootloader with the correct one for the kindl efire 8.9" rather than the kf2's.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2415870
4th October 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Somewhere over the Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

You can replace the motherboard, but if you want any of your data back frist i suggest the other method. Lemme find a link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581124

i Don't remember if it has the instructions or not so lemme find the kf2 thread that has the instructions, The instructions are basically the same, only difference is that the pinouts for what to solder where are different and when you finally do get it working you have substitute the bootloader with the correct one for the kindl efire 8.9" rather than the kf2's.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2415870

I just wanted to verify replacing the motherboard would fix the problem. I have hard bricked my wife's Kindle Fire 8.9 HD. Can't turn it on, no response with connected to a computer. I tried detaching and reattaching the battery but no luck. If replacing the motherboard will work, I am willing to give it a try.
5th October 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #6  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610
 
2,231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Yea you can replace the motherboard to fix a hard brick, but if you have a soldering iron then you could fix it without replacing the motherboard.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes