[GUIDE]Newbie Guide for Root/Recovery/Stock Restore etc. ATT LG G2 (LG D800)

OP epapsiou

9th September 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #181  
Flag Rineyville, KY
Thanks Meter: 755

4,212 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can I root with it on this update?

Last edited by Anon9mouz; 9th September 2014 at 08:17 AM.
12th September 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #182  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
hey all, so when i restore my g2 back to the stock att firmware via the lgflashtool, theres zero remnance of root correct? i have to send this phone back for a warranty claim and i need there to me no evidence of root whatsoever. i know this forum is pretty old but if anyone knows and could let me know asap that would be great because i have to ship the device out in the next couple of days. thank you all
13th September 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #183  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoya49

hey all, so when i restore my g2 back to the stock att firmware via the lgflashtool, theres zero remnance of root correct? i have to send this phone back for a warranty claim and i need there to me no evidence of root whatsoever. i know this forum is pretty old but if anyone knows and could let me know asap that would be great because i have to ship the device out in the next couple of days. thank you all

As far as i know you should be good after lgflashtool.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app
15th September 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #184  
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon9mouz

Can I root with it on this update?

yes. use Stumproot but you have to bruteforce(gives you the option)
6th October 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #185  
Flag Rantoul

89 posts
More
Im completely lost on trying to restore my g2 it was on the stock rom stock recovery, i just rooted it, and i modded the build.prop and accidentally set my D800 to D802 and i have not been able to restore it at all, i used the flash tool with the right dll and tot file and says it wont do it because it says D802 . Yes im an idiot for messing with the build.prop, i did it with my GS4 and never had any issues. I really dont know how to get this back to normal. would i have to use adb and fastboot to fix it ?
6th October 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #186  
OP Senior Member

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmalus

Im completely lost on trying to restore my g2 it was on the stock rom stock recovery, i just rooted it, and i modded the build.prop and accidentally set my D800 to D802 and i have not been able to restore it at all, i used the flash tool with the right dll and tot file and says it wont do it because it says D802 . Yes im an idiot for messing with the build.prop, i did it with my GS4 and never had any issues. I really dont know how to get this back to normal. would i have to use adb and fastboot to fix it ?

You are not the first one. There is a flash tool in the forums that will not check for what phone you have and will flash whatever you ask it to. It was used a lot when kk was being worked on. Search or post in qa forum. It might be in one of the stickies.

6th October 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #187  
Flag Rantoul

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epapsiou

You are not the first one. There is a flash tool in the forums that will not check for what phone you have and will flash whatever you ask it to. It was used a lot when kk was being worked on. Search or post in qa forum. It might be in one of the stickies.

i found it it uses kdz files but i cannot find one for the AT&T model, im not sure if it would be safe to try another models KDZ files to un-F*** my phone.
6th October 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #188  
OP Senior Member

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmalus

i found it it uses kdz files but i cannot find one for the AT&T model, im not sure if it would be safe to try another models KDZ files to un-F*** my phone.

Pretty sure it exists somewhere. Try hyelton's thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg g2, recovery, restore to stock, root, unbrick
Previous Thread Next Thread