[Q] unlock pc with emulated NFC

OP paulo_andre

2nd February 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

92 posts
More
I wanted to unlock my computer (windows) using an nfc tag, ideally the phone itself, so this is really 2 questions.

First, since android 4.4 it is possible to emule an nfc tag, but I can't find any app that does that. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Second, and more complicated, I want to unlock my computer using the nfc tag. I know the unlock part is really hard, since no program should be allowed to unlock your computer, but I just wanted an nfc reader that is recognized by windows as a keyboard. Then I scan the tag (or phone emulating a tag), which will enter the password. For those that know the yubikey device, I wanted something like that.
Is there an nfc reader that can do this?
3rd October 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_andre

I wanted to unlock my computer (windows) using an nfc tag, ideally the phone itself, so this is really 2 questions.

First, since android 4.4 it is possible to emule an nfc tag, but I can't find any app that does that. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Second, and more complicated, I want to unlock my computer using the nfc tag. I know the unlock part is really hard, since no program should be allowed to unlock your computer, but I just wanted an nfc reader that is recognized by windows as a keyboard. Then I scan the tag (or phone emulating a tag), which will enter the password. For those that know the yubikey device, I wanted something like that.
Is there an nfc reader that can do this?

have you had any luck with this? I'm interested in getting a NFC tag to auto fill a text box on a web form.
6th October 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

92 posts
More
No, I've given up on my request... but for your case, you don't need to emulate an nfc tag or unlock the pc, so test with a cheap tag, you can program it from android and it might work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread