[Q] restore SMS and whatsapp messages by overwriting file from nandroid backup

OP [w]

20th June 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

60 posts
FML. related to this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787908

Basically i can't figure out how to fix the phone so i'm going to flash back to stock and start from there.
all i really need to do is restore sms/mms/whatsapp chats

i was able to make a nandroid backup of phone state. it looks like data partition is in a tar gz file that i can extract files from.

My question is, can I just overwrite the mmssms.db and whatsapp database files to restore?

(restoring whatsapp messages from nandroid manager has failed miserably)
20th June 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

60 posts
for anybody interested, i was able to restore from nandroid sms and mms using titanium backup.
5th October 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 8

52 posts
More
Cannot Restore sms from Nandroid Backup using Titanium backup pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by [w]

for anybody interested, i was able to restore from nandroid sms and mms using titanium backup.

Can you help me on this? I am on rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 Stock (Samsung Touchwiz) ROM. I opened Titanium backup and went to "Extract from Nandroid Backup" -> "Selected the Nandroid Backup from which I need to restore the sms". Then I selected "Messaging" from the list and chose to recover "Only Data". It successfully recovered in around a minute's time eith a message to restart the phone. After restart I do not find any sms from the Nandroid backup Please help!
6th October 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #4  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 11

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasraja

Can you help me on this? I am on rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 Stock (Samsung Touchwiz) ROM. I opened Titanium backup and went to "Extract from Nandroid Backup" -> "Selected the Nandroid Backup from which I need to restore the sms". Then I selected "Messaging" from the list and chose to recover "Only Data". It successfully recovered in around a minute's time eith a message to restart the phone. After restart I do not find any sms from the Nandroid backup Please help!

for sms you can use a sms backup and restore app from playstore. its free and works perfectly. no need of root or anything. just copy the backup files to different phone and use restore option.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread