Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Problem with Contacts picture syncing from Xperia facebook apps

OP zero7177

1st February 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Hello to you all sir .I just got my Xperia Z1 (6903) yesterday. Everything work just as I wanted but something weird happen . Some of my contact that I sync with Xperia facebook app seem to work fine I mean they have half-full screen picture when I call them but about half of them don't.It have very good quality picture but the picture of them are in square middle of the outgoing call screen . Does anyone having the same issue as mine ?

Solution that I try

1. Link between facebook app and Xperia facebook
2. Unlink between facebook app and Xperia facebook
3. Uninstall Facebook app
4. Use Xposed Framework GravityBox fullscreen caller id mod ( nothing happen )


Sony Xperia Z1 (6903UB)
Rooted
RomAur v4.2 XZ1

P.S. Sorry for my bad english I'm from Thailand
Last edited by zero7177; 1st February 2014 at 06:59 PM.
2nd February 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Anyone ? please I need help
15th March 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #3  
minifamilie's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Question I still need help
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7177

Anyone ? please I need help

Yes, anyone an idea please?

My Problem is not with facebook (don't use facebook) but with Google Contacts Sync

If i take a pic with the phone and asign it to a contact it's a big picture.
but all of my contacts i managed and synced with my google account are small, had an Xperia L and had also big sized contact pics while calling

???
5th October 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #4  
angvil's Avatar
Member
Amman
Thanks Meter: 4
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
I have the same issue ever since this phone was released and I got it

Anyone out there have a solution? I'm using sync.me also tried the xperia with Facebook thing same problem

Help this is so annoying

Googling only shows this thread which is really related to the issue
6th October 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #5  
thegios's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Latina
Thanks Meter: 99
 
1,488 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angvil

I have the same issue ever since this phone was released and I got it

Anyone out there have a solution? I'm using sync.me also tried the xperia with Facebook thing same problem

Help this is so annoying

Googling only shows this thread which is really related to the issue

same here... I think it is a google server side problem: isn't google using low res pictures?
6th October 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #6  
angvil's Avatar
Member
Amman
Thanks Meter: 4
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegios

same here... I think it is a google server side problem: isn't google using low res pictures?

okay let's assume your idea is right. Why are there some contacts with full resolution pictures synced from facebook?
6th October 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #7  
thegios's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Latina
Thanks Meter: 99
 
1,488 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angvil

okay let's assume your idea is right. Why are there some contacts with full resolution pictures synced from facebook?

I have removed xperia facebook plugins, so i am not sure, but i guess would be that the sony contact app, if the address book is sync' ed with google AND with facebook, gives priority to the facebook profile image or maybe to the one with the higher resolution?

all I know is what happened to me:

- I buy the phone and sync with google: all low-res pics
- I spend 1h assigning new high res pic on the phone: all goes well for months
- I install a new version of the ROM and since I root I reset all data, so I sync again with google: all pictures in low res, although all are the newer ones I assigned at the step above
- I assign ahigh res pictures to my wife from the phone: ok
- I go to google contacts on the web and assign from there a new picture: low res

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegios

I have removed xperia facebook plugins, so i am not sure, but i guess would be that the sony contact app, if the address book is sync' ed with google AND with facebook, gives priority to the facebook profile image or maybe to the one with the higher resolution?

all I know is what happened to me:

- I buy the phone and sync with google: all low-res pics
- I spend 1h assigning new high res pic on the phone: all goes well for months
- I install a new version of the ROM and since I root I reset all data, so I sync again with google: all pictures in low res, although all are the newer ones I assigned at the step above
- I assign ahigh res pictures to my wife from the phone: ok
- I go to google contacts on the web and assign from there a new picture: low res

I confirm the following, after a further test...

- I open on the phone a contact with low res pic and I assign a high res pic: the pic is sync'ed with google contact and on the phone remain in high res
- I open on google contact the same contact and i assign a high res pic form my pc: the pic is sync'ed with phone and becomes low res

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
caller id pictures, facebook pictures, join contacts, outgoing call, xperia facebook
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes