Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Android GMS Certification - Do's & Don'ts?

OP blloyd1987

30th April 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi there folks,

I wondered if somebody could perhaps help me clarify something.

I am buying devices from China that are coming as Android handsets with Google Play installed and full use of the app store.
(They don't come with Google's other apps installed like Maps, Gmail etc)

I have done some searching online and cannot find the correct answer to my query in regards to Googles policy on the certification an Android build should have. Here is what i've been given from the manufacturers:

Level 1, free use of the Android operating system, but not embedded GMS on Android OS;
Level 2, embedded part of the GMS service on Android OS, but the phone can not be marked with Google trademarks;
Level 3, embedded all GMS services on Android OS, you can use Google trademarks. If in case the built-in Google GMS services in android phone, Brand holder should apply GMS from google.

From my understanding and reading online, Level 1 is a Developer Certificate and 2 and 3 would be a GMS signed certificate.

Can anybody help clarify what the letter of the law (or at least Google's policy) is on this please as I'm struggling to find solid information online.

Any information and links would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben
6th October 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
GMS Certification
This seems a mysterious issue. I too seek GMS certification. I would welcome any assistance on even how to contact Google on this issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread