Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Odin Complete(Write) operation failed

OP leaf68

18th February 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
I followed the instructions on (youtube DOT com SLASH watch?v=SpHZ2n9lTcs) this YouTube video to install CyanogenMod on my AT&T Galaxy S4. I flashed the CWM using Recovery Tools, then when it rebooted it wouldn't boot into recover (it would say "System software not authrized by AT&T") so I downloaded Odin and tried flashing it from there but I get the following messages:

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

On the phone screen is the Download mode page with the message at the top
start[224,1440]
secure magiccode check fail : recovery

Could someone please help me complete the installation or at least revert back to stock? I can't use my phone at all now
18th February 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #2  
ted77usa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Fog City
Thanks Meter: 3,956
 
2,426 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf68

I followed the instructions on (youtube DOT com SLASH watch?v=SpHZ2n9lTcs) this YouTube video to install CyanogenMod on my AT&T Galaxy S4. I flashed the CWM using Recovery Tools, then when it rebooted it wouldn't boot into recover (it would say "System software not authrized by AT&T") so I downloaded Odin and tried flashing it from there but I get the following messages:

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

On the phone screen is the Download mode page with the message at the top
start[224,1440]
secure magiccode check fail : recovery
Could someone please help me complete the installation or at least revert back to stock? I can't use my phone at all now


@leaf68 I'm guessing that u are on either MF3 or MK2,since u bricked trying to flash CWM recovery.Try flashing these via ODIN MF3.tar or u can follow my latest MK2.tar.Check post#2 for guide on how to.....GOODLUCK......
18th February 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted77usa

@leaf68 I'm guessing that u are on either MF3 or MK2,since u bricked trying to flash CWM recovery.Try flashing these via ODIN MF3.tar or u can follow my latest MK2.tar.Check post#2 for guide on how to.....GOODLUCK......

Thank you very much for your response. Right before you posted this, I plugged my phone into my laptop and despite doing this multiple dozen times, it actually booted out of nowhere. Thanks again and I'll hold on to the files in case I need them in the future
22nd June 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #4  
diogomitsuda's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
yes!
Finally got personal!
It was my USB cable that changed with the Moto X and now worked (S4 Cable sucks anyway!)

Who have some problem there are several possibilities! Do the following.

Test all kinds of Odin, but before connecting first add the file;
If you get caught try to install a recovery may be the "philz_touch_6.44.8-jflte.tar.md5" or "openrecovery-TWRP-2.7.1.0-jfltexx.tar";
If you do not give change the USB port of your PC;
If it persists, replace the USB cable;

That's what I did and it worked guys because of USB CABLE! kkkkkk
6th October 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
have the same problem bro is your phone ok now what did you do?
6th October 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #6  
jdisco1's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogomitsuda

Finally got personal!
It was my USB cable that changed with the Moto X and now worked (S4 Cable sucks anyway!)

Who have some problem there are several possibilities! Do the following.

Test all kinds of Odin, but before connecting first add the file;
If you get caught try to install a recovery may be the "philz_touch_6.44.8-jflte.tar.md5" or "openrecovery-TWRP-2.7.1.0-jfltexx.tar";
If you do not give change the USB port of your PC;
If it persists, replace the USB cable;

That's what I did and it worked guys because of USB CABLE! kkkkkk

I can vouch. It's the cable and the port. Try switching ports between failed flashes. I guarantee you it will eventually work. It's really sensitive.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes