Post Reply

When Kit Kat Finnaly Arrives [Q]

OP hristopelov

5th October 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #71  
alexischino's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cayey
Thanks Meter: 183
 
487 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by athani

Since Kitkat has already released in some regions, can I flash the official 4.4.2 ROM from one of the other regions to my Indian I9200?

Yes you can i have the same model you have (GT-I9200) and i have flash difrents stock kk rom from other regions on my mega.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexischino For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th October 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #72  
athani's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 292
 
746 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexischino

Yes you can i have the same model you have (GT-I9200) and i have flash difrents stock kk rom from other regions on my mega.

Thanks for the reply. I'd appreciate pointers on where I can download the appropriate ROM and how I may flash it.
5th October 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #73  
alexischino's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cayey
Thanks Meter: 183
 
487 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by athani

Thanks for the reply. I'd appreciate pointers on where I can download the appropriate ROM and how I may flash it.

Sammobile firmwares here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
OR
Samsung updates here http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9200

You need to flash the firmware with Odin.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexischino For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th October 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #74  
athani's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 292
 
746 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Which region ROM can I safely flash? Should I expect to lose any functionality from flashing a ROM not meant for my region, eg. FM radio? Any other downsides to flashing a ROM meant for another region?
6th October 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #75  
Kangburra's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 519
 
2,038 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by athani

Which region ROM can I safely flash? Should I expect to lose any functionality from flashing a ROM not meant for my region, eg. FM radio? Any other downsides to flashing a ROM meant for another region?

The region doesn't matter, it is like DVD regions. You can choose almost any ROM and choose almost any language on startup. Do a backup first just in case.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kangburra For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes