30th August 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #51  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 207

630 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyakas

Yes i am serious
After all, testing doesnt get u anything and sometimes we may get a result we didnt think of, like porting kitkat to galaxy y etc...
Hardwarewise, i have reason to belive it may run, i said i dont care if it's gonna be 5fps or what, i want to know if i can do it or not. Just for fun, and to know every boundaries.

If you are so sure hardware wise your dual core will be able to emulate a 5core cpu with a quite powerful gpu, please, instead of asking, be my guest and try. Post a video of you starting up the game please, just to prove me wrong.

Sidenote: to all those who had black textures, when installing GL Tools drivers, select the SECOND driver options in order to have all the textures running nicely
2nd September 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deu5Vult

Hi, I've tried Sixaxis but still cannot get the D-pad to work in the controller menu or in game for switching weapons. Can you share your setup please?

I would also like to get help for this, if someone is using sixaxis. Cannot change weapons, I have tried some re-mapping in the sixaxis application.
21st September 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
SGH-T999 Portal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchelino

Hi all!

I find way to play Half-life 2 on non-tegra devices. I get it run on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Snapdragon 800 version) using app GLTools. Just make sure you install on start GLTools second options (install texture decoders on first gltools install), then download game and set settings for HL2 in GLTools like these:

activate function Optimize GLSL shaders
Use fake gpu info
Template: tegra 4
Simple mapbuffer emulation
Software VBO emulation
Use packed stencil buffer

With these settings and connected moga controller i was able to run game and play it. Its playable but sometimes its get laggy on in bigger arenas. I also get crash bug on the end of first part - after the first elevator part the game hang on a loading screen. Its always crash but it has solution - just start HL2 again, start new game and chose second part, it will be already avaliable and you can continue in playing Enjoy!! For now i have something about 1hour of playing and still no problem. Only thing is sometimes weird textures, but this is done by emulating T4.

And now question on you all - i wonder if its possible to hack google play, that i can see and buy portal too?? I want to try it. I thing Portal will be playable too with these settings.

Ok mate I'm attempting to use your settings to get Portal running on my T-Mo SIII, well see what happens...downloading obb data.
also since I didn't see anyone else give you a reply to your play store question, you should be able to use Lucky Patcher to compile a modded Google Play apk. Just download Lucky Patcher (it will auto update if need be), look on the bottom where it says "toolbox" and open "Create modded Play Store apk" then click "Test modded play store apk"

***UPDATE***
Still cant get it running, seeing some pretty hefty artifacts. I have GLTools loaded, with these settings:

Portal-Enabled custom settings
Optimize GLSL Shaders
Use Fake GPU info set to T4
Simple Mapbuffer emu ON
Software VBO ON
packed stencil buffer ON
Half Float texture adreno hack (tried On and OFF)
Decode sRGB (Tried ON and OFF)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-21-14-17-06.png
Views:	258
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	2945549  
Last edited by cresch07; 21st September 2014 at 08:29 PM. Reason: adding something in
23rd September 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #54  
Flag Copenhagen

630 posts
More
Uninstall GL tools. Just as you install the driver, choose the SECOND driver option (forgot its name. You can click it when it asks for the driver and you have choice to install it normally or manual through recovery. There, on the upper part of the screen, press the second one). After that, the textures will be fine and everything will work
6th October 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
Talking Portal on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3
I followed the instructions on a YouTube video before I found your post, but I'm willing to bet this is where the guy got his information. T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3, here (running Eclipse 4.4.2 [a VZW ROM, actually]), and Portal works great, even a decent frame rate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TrE2pSXnQU
Last edited by drumber42; 6th October 2014 at 11:13 AM. Reason: embed weirdness
6th October 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #56  
Flag Sesame Street
Thanks Meter: 380

1,299 posts
More
Game starts on Samsung S5 but touch is not working. On main menu I can not activate new game or settings... Any ideas how to solve this issue?
Last edited by *elmo*; 6th October 2014 at 05:42 PM.
6th October 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #57  
Flag Copenhagen

630 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *elmo*

Game starts on Samsung S5 but touch is not working. On main menu I can not activate new game or settings... Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Its actually very easy. Get a Moga controller or a ps3 controller to play...go figure. Those games are NOT made for touchscreen
The Following User Says Thank You to posedatull For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th October 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #58  
Flag Sesame Street
Thanks Meter: 380

1,299 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by posedatull

Its actually very easy. Get a Moga controller or a ps3 controller to play...go figure. Those games are NOT made for touchscreen

He he he thanks for feedback

The Following User Says Thank You to *elmo* For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gltools, half-life 2, how to, non-tegra, portal
Previous Thread Next Thread