Post Reply

TOWELROOT

OP andu86

4th October 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #81  
Senior Member
Flag Croatia
Thanks Meter: 85
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet92

Can you upload the KERNEL_I9195XXUCNF7.tar + KERNEL_I9195XXUCNH5.tar? Can't find it anywhere anymore (all links of UCNF7 modem are broken)

Don't know on which network u are my but on official 4.4.2. Croatia (Vipnet) - Build date: Tue, 27 May 2014 08:17:05 +0000 - towelroot works fine... and knox remain 0x0...
5th October 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #82  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
Hell guys.

I bought yesterday S4 mini duos as second phone and now of course I want to root it without trippin' knox flag.

I have downloaded tr apl from website but it says phone not supported. Than I downloaded old tr version. After tapping make it rain button phone restarted but I did not got root? Im I doing something wrong?

kernel version is 3.4.0-1961802 from mar 5 2014
5th October 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #83  
Senior Member
Flag Croatia
Thanks Meter: 85
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brezillero

Hell guys.

I bought yesterday S4 mini duos as second phone and now of course I want to root it without trippin' knox flag.

I have downloaded tr apl from website but it says phone not supported. Than I downloaded old tr version. After tapping make it rain button phone restarted but I did not got root? Im I doing something wrong?

kernel version is 3.4.0-1961802 from mar 5 2014


Check this, maybe u have to change some numbers in towelroot:
http://hexamob.com/how-to-root/andro...hod-towelroot/
5th October 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #84  
andu86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 14
 
109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogsy1975

Don't know on which network u are my but on official 4.4.2. Croatia (Vipnet) - Build date: Tue, 27 May 2014 08:17:05 +0000 - towelroot works fine... and knox remain 0x0...

Towelroot works on your firmware because its build date it's before 3 june..... the problem it was with newer firmwares

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
5th October 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #85  
Senior Member
Flag Croatia
Thanks Meter: 85
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andu86

Towelroot works on your firmware because its build date it's before 3 june..... the problem it was with newer firmwares

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's i want to tell Bullet92... maybe he is on the same network like i am...
5th October 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #86  
Bullet92's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubrovnik
Thanks Meter: 61
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
I was on Belgium BE and switched to German DBT but didn't notice that I was downloading CNH5 instead of CNE6 so the only method to have the root is andu86's method. That's why I'm asking for the download links
6th October 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #87  
t5s's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet92

Can you upload the KERNEL_I9195XXUCNF7.tar + KERNEL_I9195XXUCNH5.tar? Can't find it anywhere anymore (all links of UCNF7 modem are broken)

With the help of this script linked below I was able to downgrade the kernel, successfully run towelroot and upgrade it again. I just downloaded the full official stock ROM archives (current version and some earlier version) from sammobile and used 7-zip to extract the "boot.img" file which contains the kernel. Then I used the script below to turn the boot.img file into a boot.tar.md5 file which can be flashed using odin. Strictly speaking a .tar file would be enough too, but the .tar.md5 generated by the script is fine and the script is simple to use: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2446269

The Following User Says Thank You to t5s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Mini General by ThreadRank