[Q] Asus Zenfone 6 T00G JB 4.3

Search This thread

billk6969

Nov 14, 2012
Hi Guys and Gals,

Well I have spent the past 5 hours searching the site for a root that would work on this new device, with no avail. I have tried a few of the one click type root software available, but no luck. I have searched google and youtube and there is absolutely nothing out there on how to root this device.

I would appreciate any help that you might be able to offer me.

Sincerely,

Bill

Reactions: ungchieng

sgsI9003

Mar 13, 2011
New Delhi
Can anyone help me? I checked my device settings and everything from the 'about' menu at settings and it says I have a 1.17 WW firmware. When I downloaded the newest 1.18 WW firmware from support.asus.com and tried to flash it says:

Device image SKU: CUCC
OTA image SKU: WW
This can easily be confirmed bu going to
settings>about>software information> build number
if there it says CUCC then you have CUCC install that one only.

Oh and what's weird is that when I just got the phone SuperSU was synced from my previous phone and I just wanted to check out what happens if I open SuperSU without rooting but when SuperSU opened it asks me whether I want to update the binary normally or from CWM/TWRP! This mind you only happens if you had rooted the phone and ran SuperSU for the first time. So I was wondering if my phone was tampered before I bought it? I legally bought it new from a nearby mall with it still complete with the packaging and warranty card, so I'm really confused to what is going on.
SuperSU does not come preinstalled on any phone, it simply means someone used the phone & tried to root it, it may have failed & he then returned the phone within 7 day replacement warranty & you got that phone as repacked. Check with your dealer.

Can anyone please please help me, do anyone else who has the WW firmware has anything like this happen when you want to flash the firmware update?
Highly unlikely that this error can happen from asus.

is it possible this distributor actually sell a modified CUCC SKU that is changed to WW? I've seen some articles/video to switch from TW to WW and it kind of raised my suspicion
Dealer wont do it to each headset it will take many days doing it, either the earlier buyer did that or you actually have CUCC but had an impression that you have WW. However if you have cucc then you can follow the procedure & convert it to ww. Google search will give yoy links for doing it.

Reactions: IcY~

IcY~

Apr 14, 2013
This can easily be confirmed bu going to
settings>about>software information> build number
if there it says CUCC then you have CUCC install that one only.

SuperSU does not come preinstalled on any phone, it simply means someone used the phone & tried to root it, it may have failed & he then returned the phone within 7 day replacement warranty & you got that phone as repacked. Check with your dealer.

Highly unlikely that this error can happen from asus.

Dealer wont do it to each headset it will take many days doing it, either the earlier buyer did that or you actually have CUCC but had an impression that you have WW. However if you have cucc then you can follow the procedure & convert it to ww. Google search will give yoy links for doing it.

I checked settings>about>software information> build number and it shows that I have WW. But when I enter recovery and sideload the firmware upgrade via adb the update fails saying my Device SKU is CUCC and I have a WW OTA.

And yes I only installed SuperSU(synced from my previous phone) without rooting and when I open it asks if I want to update the binary normally or via twrp/cwm... so it looks like I got a second handed device packed new.

The only problem I'm having is that, the method to switch from CUCC to WW failed and now my phone keeps rebooting itself if I open anything application or settings related and the micro sd is suddenly not detected. I have a huge feeling that reflashing the ROM fresh will fix the problem since I've had so many weird issues like this fixed easily by flashing a stock rom(my previous S3) but sadly so far it doesn't seem like anyone has uploaded a stock zenfone 6 rom.

I also have a question, if you want to update the firmware does the newest update show from the system update at settings? Because mine doesn't, it kept saying I have the latest but I obviously didn't. And correction I didn't have 1.17 but I had the 1.16 version.

Last edited:

sgsI9003

Mar 13, 2011
New Delhi
And yes I only installed SuperSU(synced from my previous phone) without rooting and when I open it asks if I want to update the binary normally or via twrp/cwm... so it looks like I got a second handed device packed new.
Since u synced from old mobile that is how SuperSU came in so your mobile was not been used by anyone else.
The only problem I'm having is that, the method to switch from CUCC to WW failed and now my phone keeps rebooting itself if I open anything application or settings related and the micro sd is suddenly not detected. I have a huge feeling that reflashing the ROM fresh will fix the problem since I've had so many weird issues like this fixed easily by flashing a stock rom(my previous S3) but sadly so far it doesn't seem like anyone has uploaded a stock zenfone 6 rom.
Yes full rom install is best option to eliminate all errors but the trouble is that will u flash CUCC or WW we dont which version will work.
I also have a question, if you want to update the firmware does the newest update show from the system update at settings?
Yes that right, latest version is 1.18.40.11

Reactions: IcY~

IcY~

Apr 14, 2013
Since u synced from old mobile that is how SuperSU came in so your mobile was not been used by anyone else.
Yes full rom install is best option to eliminate all errors but the trouble is that will u flash CUCC or WW we dont which version will work.
Yes that right, latest version is 1.18.40.11

Yeah I know. SuperSU was synced but I didn't root my phone. But just by opening SuperSU I have root! Which is very weird. Is making a stock rom hard? I haven't find anyone that has uploaded a stock Zenfone 6 ROM.

When I check System Update from my phone it said I have the latest version(1.16). I only found out that there's a 1.18 from checking the Asus website! Which is again, strange.

phrozenflame

Nov 5, 2010
Hi Guys,

Keep getting whatsapp/other apps permission notifications for network settings or read contacts etc, impossible to use phone, constant notifications.

so did some research and it appears I need to update my build.

I tried the system-update check method, says im upto date.

Build Number: ASUS_T100G_WW_user_9.16.40.50_20190731_1089release-keys010175_201401130121

I tried the method here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Zen...SOP_140718.pdf for:
UL-ASUS_T00G-WW-1.18.40.11-user.zip
but system wont prompt me / detect the update file, tried restarting etc.

Totally lost, all these permission notifications really makes it impossible to operate the phone, pls help.

Thanks!

ahhl

Jul 23, 2007
Updated to 4.4.2 using full package as the flashing update result an error.

no problem so far....can see Kit Kat now

lost my root and cant reinstate it

Last edited:

RFrancis

Sep 9, 2010
I'm interested in the Zen phone but I am unsure what is the best model. Is there a model with a 2 ghz intel processor ? Also there seems to be a zen phone with a qualcom processor. What seems to be the best phone to get before pulling the trigger.

m.law161

Feb 22, 2013
zenfone 5 kitkat rooting

i cannot root my zenfone 5 using latest root zenfone apk after update to kitkat 4.4.2 :confused:.
can i change runtime to Art? dont find it in developer option

Zac3

Sep 19, 2013
Ads?

Did you guys see the 3 vertical dots on the bottom right in my screenshot here? May I ask what is it as it only appears in full screen app such as this opera mini and some other apps. How can I get rid of this annoying matters.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-09-01-03-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-09-01-03-16.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 2,910
Last edited:

ingsuns

Jun 30, 2012
I checked settings>about>software information> build number and it shows that I have WW. But when I enter recovery and sideload the firmware upgrade via adb the update fails saying my Device SKU is CUCC and I have a WW OTA.

I also have a question, if you want to update the firmware does the newest update show from the system update at settings? Because mine doesn't, it kept saying I have the latest but I obviously didn't. And correction I didn't have 1.17 but I had the 1.16 version.

To change SKU, have you downgrade to firmware 1.14 first? That firmware is the only one able to be used to change SKU (CMIIW), higher firmware (1.15 and above) will not avail.

Zac3

Sep 19, 2013
Pardon for my previous post earlier, the soft button at right bottom of the screen only appears when you set the long press recent button to screenshot in the asus customized setting. hope this clears things up.

Zac3

Sep 19, 2013
Just installed the latest kitkat on my zen6. The battery life is AWFUL!
no root as the survival option didn't work with supersu. Pretty much I regretted spending my time tinkering with this update. Thumbs down for Asus.

Top Liked Posts